PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
    They are all calculated into IVs...which I don't quite understand. I think if I did, I would probably shell myself up playing pokemon until I had the ultimate team with perfect IVs and EVs lol
    Haha yeah. I just realized that my Macho Brace is on my Platinum version and I don't have a method of trading right now lol. Damnit, I may need to hold off on Machamp. I need to teach him Thunder and Ice Punch from the move tutor too, so I will have to wait til I can trade. What to do now then....

What I really want to do is start over Fire Red version so I can raise a sick team and then Migrate them up, but my little brother is in the middle of it. I guess I will have to resist the Poke-urges for a bit and just play more NCAA.
    Last edited by prock; 08-03-2010, 04:27 PM.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
      Haha yeah. I just realized that my Macho Brace is on my Platinum version and I don't have a method of trading right now lol. Damnit, I may need to hold off on Machamp. I need to teach him Thunder and Ice Punch from the move tutor too, so I will have to wait til I can trade. What to do now then....

What I really want to do is start over Fire Red version so I can raise a sick team and then Migrate them up, but my little brother is in the middle of it. I guess I will have to resist the Poke-urges for a bit and just play more NCAA.
      Steal his ****, thats what I did to my sister (she was gutting her game as well). I sold all her items to have enough coins to buy moves like thunderbolt, icebeam flamethrower as well as a porygon...boy was she pissed lol

Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

lol...I miss the old days where me and my brother each had a GB color and I had a link cable. I had Red and Gold, he had Blue and Silver, and we each played through Yellow then it came to be mine. I could trade whoever I wanted wherever I wanted with ease, plus 5 games to work with.....sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
          Wow really? where are you buying your games from? I can get emerald for 20 and LG/FR for 15.
          First GBA game I ever bought. Used at EB games.

I just picked up the DS yesterday.

edit...

also...is Beedrill fully evolved at Beedrill? I'm about to face Misty in my playthrough...I really need to get a electrified dude in there and may just store him. haha.

Also, if you buy the fish from that one dude...I need to give him an attack, correct? I forget, I havent played in years and I havent taken him out of storage, but doesnt he only have splash or something?

I'm astounded at how much I remember of this game.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-03-2010, 05:01 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Beedrill is all the farther he evolves yes, and the Magikarp you bought from the guy sucks. It only knows splash, and will learn tackle after a while but it's a ***** to raise.

However, if you want an awesome water type early on, give the Magikarp to the day care man after you beat Misty, and come back when it is about level 20...take it out, raise it one level and BAM! Gyarados! Teach it Water Pulse and it'll learn Bite. He's a beast that early in the game.

Comment

• Hows it gonna learn tackle? His splash doesnt do anything.

Thanks for the advice...sounds great. I knew it turned into Gyrados so that's why I got it. Even though, you can just as easily catch one, when you get the rod.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Hows it gonna learn tackle? His splash doesnt do anything.
                You have to start with Magikarp out fighting and swap him out so he gets half experience. Just use the Day Care, it is the easiest method.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

You have to start with Magikarp out fighting and swap him out so he gets half experience. Just use the Day Care, it is the easiest method.
                  Oh god...what a pain in the ass. lol. Okay I gotcha. Thanks guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Hows it gonna learn tackle? His splash doesnt do anything.

Thanks for the advice...sounds great. I knew it turned into Gyrados so that's why I got it. Even though, you can just as easily catch one, when you get the rod.
                    I don't think you can catch a Gyarados until you have the Super Rod pretty late in the game. Doing it this way gets you one much earlier on.

Comment

• I mean catching a magikarp, instead of paying for one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I mean catching a magikarp, instead of paying for one.
                        There is an old rod you can get from a man in a house to the left of the Pokemon Center in Vermillion. That catches level 5 Magikarps. Gyarados is a ******* animal though, so Magikarp is worth th effort.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

There is an old rod you can get from a man in a house to the left of the Pokemon Center in Vermillion. That catches level 5 Magikarps. Gyarados is a ******* animal though, so Magikarp is worth th effort.
                          Having a Gyarados and a Nidoking that early makes you unstoppable....you can have whatever else you want, those two typically crush most things for a long while.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            Having a Gyarados and a Nidoking that early makes you unstoppable....you can have whatever else you want, those two typically crush most things for a long while.
                            Yup, that will set you for awhile lol. If you get those two early, you can really focus on training whomever you want because those two can take down just about anything.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

Yup, that will set you for awhile lol. If you get those two early, you can really focus on training whomever you want because those two can take down just about anything.
                              I'm missing that this playthrough, but I do have a beastly Kadabra with a Hasty nature. So fast and his Psybeam just absolutely wrecks ****. I one hit KOed Surge's Raichu with it. (And I was honestly a little afraid since my other pokemon at the time were mostly weak to electric.)

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                I'm missing that this playthrough, but I do have a beastly Kadabra with a Hasty nature. So fast and his Psybeam just absolutely wrecks ****. I one hit KOed Surge's Raichu with it. (And I was honestly a little afraid since my other pokemon at the time were mostly weak to electric.)
                                Kadabra is also a super powerful Pokemon early game. Not much stands up to his Psybeam for awhile.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information