No announcement yet.

PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd shell out the $500 for the Magikarp from the one guy. That way I could soft reset for an acceptable nature.

I'd usually just swap my Gyarados for a Lapras eventually. I was never really a big Gyarados fan, to be honest. I mean, the thing's good and is a ***** to fight unless you have an electric pokemon, but it never stayed on my team. Not even the shiny Red Gyarados.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
      I'd shell out the $500 for the Magikarp from the one guy. That way I could soft reset for an acceptable nature.

I'd usually just swap my Gyarados for a Lapras eventually. I was never really a big Gyarados fan, to be honest. I mean, the thing's good and is a ***** to fight unless you have an electric pokemon, but it never stayed on my team. Not even the shiny Red Gyarados.
      I will take the Gyarados over the Lapras, just stat-wise it is a better Pokemon. Yes, it has no chance against electric, but you shouldn't ever need it to beat an electric. If you are relying on your water Pokemon to beat electric types, your party has some issues, or you have a Quagsire or a Swampert. Lapras is nice because of his defense and the STAB he gets on ice type moves, but Gyarados has a monster attack with high speed.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
        I will take the Gyarados over the Lapras, just stat-wise it is a better Pokemon. Yes, it has no chance against electric, but you shouldn't ever need it to beat an electric. If you are relying on your water Pokemon to beat electric types, your party has some issues, or you have a Quagsire or a Swampert. Lapras is nice because of his defense and the STAB he gets on ice type moves, but Gyarados has a monster attack with high speed.
        Like I said, it's just a personal preference. Lapras is one of my favorite pokemon from 1st Gen, so I always picked it up in those games.

Never really said I had an issue with it's 4x weakness to electricity or that I'd need it to take on electric types though, so yeah...
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I feel like a dorky noob. I found his dad's gym and at first I was kicking his ass with my Blaziken at first. I used overheat on his first two pokemon and killed them with just one hit. Then he sent his 3rd and the name escapes me but he was owning me left and right with this one move. It was the move where it took like half of the pokemon's hit points but it ended up killing all 6 of my dudes one time with that move. How do I stop that *****?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

• I'll take Lapras over Gyrados anyday. Lapras has a super high special defense, and the ice moves in generation 1 are clutch for killing dragons.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• You guys with your strategies...I remember beating pokemon red with like one super high rated pokemon and a bunch of scrubs. And lots of potions. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                You guys with your strategies...I remember beating pokemon red with like one super high rated pokemon and a bunch of scrubs. And lots of potions. haha.
                Thats how I always beat the game, and then I read up on some stuff this summer and my mind was blown.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Whooped Gary Oak's ass after taking a couple of hours to level my scrubs up in the grass west of Cerulean City. Then got shitkicked by Misty. Back to the drawing board.

PS **** Staryu and Starmie's recover. I should have killed Staryu like 8 times, but he kept ******* recovering.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                    Whooped Gary Oak's ass after taking a couple of hours to level my scrubs up in the grass west of Cerulean City. Then got shitkicked by Misty. Back to the drawing board.

PS **** Staryu and Starmie's recover. I should have killed Staryu like 8 times, but he kept ******* recovering.
                    lol. I'm exactly at this part and just lost to her. My level 20 Mankey is a stud...but Charmeleon is useless here. And all my others suck.

I dont understand the order either...sometimes they go two times in a row...it pisses me off. I was about to win and Starmie, went out of order and just went two times in a row and killed me. I dont get that. And yeah, that self recover is a *****.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• A Butterfree with Stun Spore is a blessing vs. Misty. I don't think it matters who you start with, she might be the toughest gym battle in the game.

This time through, I got my Squirtle to 18 to learn Bite and then let him evolve. Beat Staryu with that, then had Butterfree paralyze Starmie before biting the **** out of it with Wartortle. Worked well.

Comment

• am I the only one who doesn't use non-attack moves? I might use sleep moves or stun moves, but I never use raise attack/defense etc. moves. I always be attackin

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                          am I the only one who doesn't use non-attack moves? I might use sleep moves or stun moves, but I never use raise attack/defense etc. moves. I always be attackin
                          No one uses those worthless moves. I hope not at least.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

• I've started to try and use some of the stat building moves, it does help.Swords dance Gallade/Scizor tears **** up.

Anyone try the smogon shoddy battle stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                              I've started to try and use some of the stat building moves, it does help.Swords dance Gallade/Scizor tears **** up.

Anyone try the smogon shoddy battle stuff?
                              I don't even know what that is. What is it?

Bonekrusher.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                                I don't even know what that is. What is it?
                                Swords Dance "sharply raises attack", so when I use it with one of my attack EV trained guys it rocks.

Dragon Dance does similar, but raises speed as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information