No announcement yet.

PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of people here are pumping up Toxic. I personally don't think it's that great because a quick switch out turns it back into regular poison. I'd rather get sleep/paralyze/frozen status effect over poison.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
      That's what confusion will do for you. Especially when you go against poison types.
      yea confusion is dominating everyone. facing a lot of poison and rock types which i'm just destroying
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I absolutely, positively, unequivocally hate Registeel.

Haven't had this much trouble catching something since that God damn Suicune.

I have Master Balls too. Used the cloning glitch, so I've got like 5 of those things. But! I want to legit catch it once. If it doesn't have the nature I want, reset. Then from then on, just use the MB's 'til I get a Careful or Impish one or something.

EDIT: LOL! Right after I posted this, I threw an Ultra Ball and caught the bastard. SWDC luck FTW!!!
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• so **** vba link, simply doesn't work, on to pure cheating, changing kadabra into alakazam

Comment

• when i did the link i had to create a save state too on top of just a regular in game save

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• this one doesnt work for me at all

Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
              and for this one, once I connect and open the game(.gba), when I go to load my svae(.sgm), it says "Unsupported Arm Mode 00" and entirely freezes

Comment

• it is tricky and i did struggle at first, im hoping it will work again when i go grab a haunter

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Do those things work on Droid? If so....I might be putting Gold on there before work tomorrow. Probably going to need idiot proof instructions first though...

Comment

• I now have 5 sets of Regirock, Regice, Registeel, and Latios on my Emerald version! :D

One set is goin' to my SS. One is going to my Diamond (Regigigagagagagagagagagagagagas, I'ma comin' for you!). One is goin' to my buddy's HG. Then I think the last two sets will be trade fodder or something.

Now onto Kyogre and Groudon. Then I'm thinkin' about restarting with, I dunno, Mudkipz?
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• K I'm in Leaf Green and this is my staff after getting rid of Snorlax:

Primeape Lvl 33
                      Raichu Lvl 33
                      Nidorino Lvl 33
                      Charmeleon Lvl 34
                      Kadabra Lvl 34
                      (Bellsprout Lvl 12, HM slave)

I'm pretty stoked about how well I'm doing. I think raising my levels just a little bit all the way back in Cerulean paid off - I got just enough breathing room, which allowed me to beat trainers with ease and let me get a leg up on everyone level-wise.

Now here's my question. I need a Water pokemon to round out my staff. I was gonna get someone different than Gyarados since I didn't want to go through the Magikarp ordeal. But guess what? I went to Vermilion with my Super Rod to catch a Staryu, and what did I find instead? A Lvl 16 Gyarados. Soooo should I work with it instead? I love Gyarados, but I did want to be different this time around - the idea of having a Water/Psychic Starmie is juicy, but...it's ******* Gyarados.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                        K I'm in Leaf Green and this is my staff after getting rid of Snorlax:

Primeape Lvl 33
                        Raichu Lvl 33
                        Nidorino Lvl 33
                        Charmeleon Lvl 34
                        Kadabra Lvl 34
                        (Bellsprout Lvl 12, HM slave)

I'm pretty stoked about how well I'm doing. I think raising my levels just a little bit all the way back in Cerulean paid off - I got just enough breathing room, which allowed me to beat trainers with ease and let me get a leg up on everyone level-wise.

Now here's my question. I need a Water pokemon to round out my staff. I was gonna get someone different than Gyarados since I didn't want to go through the Magikarp ordeal. But guess what? I went to Vermilion with my Super Rod to catch a Staryu, and what did I find instead? A Lvl 16 Gyarados. Soooo should I work with it instead? I love Gyarados, but I did want to be different this time around - the idea of having a Water/Psychic Starmie is juicy, but...it's ******* Gyarados.
                        hahaha I just caught a Lvl 23 Staryu. decisions decisions, eh

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I hate that it takes so long to get fire stones etc. in Silver and gold. I want my Jolteon!

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                          I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Alright, I'm gonna start my yellow game. Here is one issue I'm thinking that may occur: I more or less forget the evolution schemes. Are there any pokemon that I have to catch in their uneveolved form as to not miss out on a beast later? If so, where can I find them. I hate nothing more than having to backtrack a ton.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• ******* Gyarados is pretty much awesome. If you want to be different, and have the Super Rod, then by all means try for something else.

One of the advantage of Gyarados is how early you can get him using the Old Rod->Magikarp->Day Care strategy...you can have him even before Rock Tunnel.

But since your already past that, do what you want. Staryu/Starmie Horsea/Seadra are pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                                Alright, I'm gonna start my yellow game. Here is one issue I'm thinking that may occur: I more or less forget the evolution schemes. Are there any pokemon that I have to catch in their uneveolved form as to not miss out on a beast later? If so, where can I find them. I hate nothing more than having to backtrack a ton.
                                In Yellow....hmm. Since you'll have electric/fire/water/grass covered (if that's how you want to go) I'd suggest adding an Abra to the mix. You can one in the grass to the left of of Nugget Bridge in Cerulean. It only takes maybe 4 levels to get it to a Kadabra, and only a few more after that to get Psybeam. Turns him into a ballistic missile in terms of offensive ability, and you can get him to that point before the 3rd gym.

You may want to catch a Caterpie in Viridian Forest and raise it to a Butterfree first. Sleep/Poison/Stun powder really helps to catch Abra (and anything else really) and if you are having trouble with Misty, you can paralyze/poison her Starmie for a nice advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information