Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by prock View Post
    He is a solid Pokemon. He is more balanced than your other birds, but good players don't go for balanced. If you want to run the game easily, just get high attack/special attack guys who are also fast and you can 1 hit just about everything. Pidgeot will get the job done, but it won't be as easy because he has a low attack.
    HEY! I go for balance all the time and run house on peoples!

    also, I caught and used a kangaskhan for the first time a little while back in leaf green...it was kinda cool but...also kinda really lame
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
      HEY! I go for balance all the time and run house on peoples!

      also, I caught and used a kangaskhan for the first time a little while back in leaf green...it was kinda cool but...also kinda really lame
      When I first started, I always caught Tauros and Kangaskhan just to bed bad ass and thought they were sweet, but they really do suck a lot. You go for balance against me you get stomped!

      Bonekrusher.

      Originally posted by JordanTaber
      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by prock View Post
        Can someone link me to a place where I can download a Project64 so I can play emulators? I can't find a good one. I need Pokemon Stadium 2!
        I believe this was what you were looking for.

        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
        And for those hardcore Pokemon gamers, here's an N64 emulator and ROM's for even more awesome Pokemon games!
        N64 Emulator (best there is for Windows) - http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/n64/project64.html

        Pokemon Stadium 2 - http://www.coolrom.com/roms/n64/1128..._Stadium_2.php

        sig by BK and avy by me
        Originally posted by A Perfect Score
        If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by prock View Post
          When I first started, I always caught Tauros and Kangaskhan just to bed bad ass and thought they were sweet, but they really do suck a lot. You go for balance against me you get stomped!
          listen here, my team of balance is very...balanced! and will dominate you. my best ever team was in my original pokemon blue when I was young. I had:
          Blastoise, Haunter, Pidgeot, Arcanine...and ****, I dont even remember. but those 4 just ran house. I think Haunter was missingno cheat and was level 100...but STILL!

          I'll show off my balance and beat yo ass in our draft. Which if it isn't set up by the time I'm home from work (4ish) I'll set it up.
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by prock View Post
            When I first started, I always caught Tauros and Kangaskhan just to bed bad ass and thought they were sweet, but they really do suck a lot. You go for balance against me you get stomped!
            WHAAT!

            Tauros is bad ass. Fast and high attack.

            Earthquake/Body Slam/Hyperbeam/Blizzard = unstoppable

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by prock View Post
              Can someone link me to a place where I can download a Project64 so I can play emulators? I can't find a good one. I need Pokemon Stadium 2!
              Yup, I put up all the Pokemon related emulator stuff about 10 posts earlier. Can also get emulators for anything.

              edit: okay, I miscalculated, about 20 posts earlier.

              Props to clover_jeez!

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
                WHAAT!

                Tauros is bad ass. Fast and high attack.

                Earthquake/Body Slam/Hyperbeam/Blizzard = unstoppable
                Amatuer... Tauros is all attack, Blizzard, Earthquake, and Hyper Beam are all Special attack moves so they do nothing for him. Also, he is a normal type Pokemon, so he only gets "stab" for Body Slam.

                Bonekrusher.

                Originally posted by JordanTaber
                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                  listen here, my team of balance is very...balanced! and will dominate you. my best ever team was in my original pokemon blue when I was young. I had:
                  Blastoise, Haunter, Pidgeot, Arcanine...and ****, I dont even remember. but those 4 just ran house. I think Haunter was missingno cheat and was level 100...but STILL!

                  I'll show off my balance and beat yo ass in our draft. Which if it isn't set up by the time I'm home from work (4ish) I'll set it up.
                  Your problem is you are still in the old days of Pokemon. The game is so much deeper now. But I guarantee you I could put together 10 different teams that I have right now that would beat your team.

                  Bonekrusher.

                  Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by prock View Post
                    Amatuer... Tauros is all attack, Blizzard, Earthquake, and Hyper Beam are all Special attack moves so they do nothing for him. Also, he is a normal type Pokemon, so he only gets "stab" for Body Slam.
                    what happens if you face a Rhydon or an Exeggutor or a Gengar? you need a counter for them.

                    Hyper beam is also normal.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by prock View Post
                      Your problem is you are still in the old days of Pokemon. The game is so much deeper now. But I guarantee you I could put together 10 different teams that I have right now that would beat your team.
                      I am very old school when it comes to pokemon. I was reluctant to play Gold and Silver. they were good games though. But past that? no way! I'm all about the original 151. I go old school with balance. It'd be interesting. I'm not all in depth like you, but you bet your ass I know my **** and I'll give you one hell of a fight!
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
                        what happens if you face a Rhydon or an Exeggutor or a Gengar? you need a counter for them.

                        Hyper beam is also normal.
                        Hyper Beam is normal, but it is a special attack move. All those moves are good and ****, but they don't work well on Tauros because he is attack based. Maybe you are talking about old school Pokemon, but old school is way too easy.

                        Bonekrusher.

                        Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I am super confused as to how to work these emulators.

                          Bonekrusher.

                          Originally posted by JordanTaber
                          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Lol at prock. It's very clear that almost everybody in this thread has a lot of knowledge from the original RBY versions. I'm not saying that you guys don't know a lot about pokemon, but the game has changed a lot and gone into much more depth. Hyper Beam, for example...yes it is a normal attack in the original games, but in the next generation, attacks have two "types". The first is the type you are familiar with (Electric, Fire, Normal, etc.), but the second is a characterization as to whether the attack is physical or special. Physical attacks relate to a pokemon's attack stat, and special attacks relate to the pokemon's Special Attack (Special is now split into Special Attack and Special Defense)

                            Hyper Beam is a Normal, Special attack. So while Tauros would get a bonus for the same type (normal), his special attack is low and so he wouldn't do much with it.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
                              Lol at prock. It's very clear that almost everybody in this thread has a lot of knowledge from the original RBY versions. I'm not saying that you guys don't know a lot about pokemon, but the game has changed a lot and gone into much more depth. Hyper Beam, for example...yes it is a normal attack in the original games, but in the next generation, attacks have two "types". The first is the type you are familiar with (Electric, Fire, Normal, etc.), but the second is a characterization as to whether the attack is physical or special. Physical attacks relate to a pokemon's attack stat, and special attacks relate to the pokemon's Special Attack (Special is now split into Special Attack and Special Defense)

                              Hyper Beam is a Normal, Special attack. So while Tauros would get a bonus for the same type (normal), his special attack is low and so he wouldn't do much with it.
                              Thanks, that is what I have been trying to say :)

                              Bonekrusher.

                              Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by prock View Post
                                Hyper Beam is normal, but it is a special attack move. All those moves are good and ****, but they don't work well on Tauros because he is attack based. Maybe you are talking about old school Pokemon, but old school is way too easy.
                                yeah im old school, but I'm probably going to try out a new one on an emulator.

                                Usual team: Alakazam/Tauros/Jolteon/Rhydon/Exeggutor/Starmie.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information