PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Question about HeartGold and SoulSilver: Are they retooled versions of Gold and Silver, similar to the way that they retooled LeafGreen and FireRed? Or are they a completely separate generation of Pokemon?
    They're a re-tooled version with no new additions of pokemon beyond D/P/Pt. It's categorized into the 4th gen category because it can hold all the pokemon up to the 4th gen.

The wild pokemon are pretty much from the original 151 and the 100 additions that G/S/C introduced. You can catch pokemon from the 3rd and 4th gens in the Safari Zone after you beat the Elite 4 (and they've added an "item system" that makes it so you add certain items to an area, and a certain pokemon now apears in it). Maybe in some other certain areas too that are kind've out of the way, like Stark Mountain.

Not to mention new items, moves, and abilities they've added that aren't in previous versions. I'm liking SoulSilver a lot.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Nice. Anyone have any ROMs for them?
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I asked that question a while back and only silly Vikes responded!

Comment

• Just got to Lavender Town and my team is:

Charmelon - level 29
          Dugtrio - level 29
          Gyrados - level 26
          Graveler - level 25
          Pidgeotto - level 25
          Gloom - level 25

Thoughts? Definitely way more balanced than my teams were back in the day. I'm thinking about getting rid of Dugtrio or Graveler for a ghost/psychic type soon, I'm thinking Dugtrio because I caught him at level 29 and I've raised Graveler (Geodude) since level 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
            Just got to Lavender Town and my team is:

Charmelon - level 29
            Dugtrio - level 29
            Gyrados - level 26
            Graveler - level 25
            Pidgeotto - level 25
            Gloom - level 25
            If you're attached to Graveler, then I'd say definitely replace Dugtrio. If you're thinking ghost, Gastly->Haunter isn't a bad way to go.

I'm wary of the lack of electric though still....plus you wouldn't be able to fully evolve Haunter or Graveler unless you have the means to trade which makes them less appealing.

Comment

• Starting up Silver.
              Who should I start with?

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                If you're attached to Graveler, then I'd say definitely replace Dugtrio. If you're thinking ghost, Gastly->Haunter isn't a bad way to go.

I'm wary of the lack of electric though still....plus you wouldn't be able to fully evolve Haunter or Graveler unless you have the means to trade which makes them less appealing.
                Would you recommend to go electric over rock? If so what would be the best electric pokemon to go after? I'm definitely gonna try to get Zapdos but I don't think I'm that far yet.

Comment

• I caught Zapdos more or less for the hell of it...I'm beating the game too fast, lol. Also it's taking awhile to raise my Gyarados, so I'm thinking of ditching it and using Articuno/Zapdos in my sixth spot. f'serious.

and yeah it took me like 24-25 ultra balls with it having a sliver of health and being paralyzed.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                    Would you recommend to go electric over rock? If so what would be the best electric pokemon to go after? I'm definitely gonna try to get Zapdos but I don't think I'm that far yet.
                    I just beat FireRed without a Rock or Grass type, but do what you want to do. Jolteon is quite beastly, and if you don't want to use legendaries, is your best bet for an electric type if that is the way you want to go though.

Comment

• HEARTGOLD OR SOULSILVER ROMS! I NEED SOME!

Preferably ones that work.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        Nice. Anyone have any ROMs for them?
                        there are. But they are kind of hard to find and the DS emulators are really glitchy. You can try it. I wish you the best of luck.

sig by fenikz
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                        You are just a terrible person.
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                          Starting up Silver.
                          Who should I start with?
                          Totodile is who I chose. I had to trade for a Growlithe on SoulSilver, but if I wasn't sure I could get an Arcanine down the line, then I would've chose Cyndaquil.

If you want a Fire type ASAP, then Cyndaquil is a great choice.

Chikorita can go **** itself.

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                          More pokemon can use Rock Slide effectively than they can Thunder Bolt, so Electrics are special. Zapdos is tops, but Jolteon is a great option at your stage. Unfortunately, a great Electric type won't come in handy until Lorelei and the E4. A great Rock/Ground type will come in handy a lot sooner - against Koga's Poison, Blaine's Fire, and Team Rocket's Poison.

It's entirely up to you though man. I'm runnin' with Raikou on my SS right now, and have no Rock type. My Tauros knows Earthquake though, and I'll probably teach my Feraligatr Stone Edge or Rock Slide sooner or later. Your Charizard can learn Rock Slide (I think it takes a Move Tutor before the 4th Gen) and Earthquake, and I believe Gyarados can learn Earthquake too. That'll cover your lack of Rock/Ground should you choose Electric.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                            and yeah it took me like 24-25 ultra balls with it having a sliver of health and being paralyzed.
                            Really? I had no trouble catching any of them.

Zapdos - paralyzed, sliver of health, one great ball
                            Articuno - paralyzed, sliver of health, one ultra ball
                            Moltres - paralyzed, 1/6th of health, three ultra balls
                            Mewtwo - I thought about catching him regularly, but said **** it and used the masterball

Once I caught Mewtwo I did another run through the Elite Four and now I feel fulfilled. Think I might try one of the DS ones next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                              Starting up Silver.
                              Who should I start with?
                              I saw the totodile rec, but I am a huge fan of cyndiquil (or typhlosion) later on. Water types can be found everywhere in the game and while you can get a growlithe, training that starter from the get go I usually put more effort into them. I say get the good fire from the get go, and then train up a magikarp or some water type as you go on

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                              who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Am I the only one that doesn't regularly carry a fire pokemon

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information