No announcement yet.

PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can live without Fire Pokemon usually as a type, but alot of my favorite pokemon are Fire type so I like to incorporate them into my party.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Grass is by a wide margin the easiest to go without imo. Fire...middle of the pack. Definitely harder to go without that some other types, but not as crucial as a water or electric I think.

Comment

• The problem with choosing the water starters, despite their superiority to the other pokemon stat wise, is the availability of playable water pokemon in comparison to playable fire or grass types.
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Sweet, glad to know I chose a solid pokemon for my first 2nd(technically 4th) generation go. I have no idea who any of the new Pokemon are. My Pokedroid is the best invention ever.

Who are some good 2nd gen electrics? Right now I have Mareep... is he any good/are his evolutions, or should I grab a Jolteon?

My water type is Wooper. Same questions as I have for Mareep. Currently rolling with:

Quilava
          Onix(ROCKY ftw!)
          Pidgey
          Gastly
          Wooper
          Egg(was Mareep, probably will be after it hatches. I bet it's ******* Togepi. What use do I have for Togepi, seriously)

I have a Magikarp too. I want some kick ass Pokemon, but at the same time I don't want to go Gen 1 pokemon except for Typhlosion instead of Charizard. Why is it that every new pokemon I've run into looks like a total ***? Seriously.

Why do you exist?

I would not be comfortable if you were the only thing standing between me and a big ass Pokemon.

You don't even have arms bro!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• I cant find any good HeartGold or Soulsilver Roms :(

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              I cant find any good HeartGold or Soulsilver Roms :(
              Buy a DS and SoulSilver(cuz I have HG) and we'll start the Carleton Pokemon Society!!!!

But not really haha. This is still a closeted pleasure of mine.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                Really? I had no trouble catching any of them.

Zapdos - paralyzed, sliver of health, one great ball
                Articuno - paralyzed, sliver of health, one ultra ball
                Moltres - paralyzed, 1/6th of health, three ultra balls
                Mewtwo - I thought about catching him regularly, but said **** it and used the masterball

Once I caught Mewtwo I did another run through the Elite Four and now I feel fulfilled. Think I might try one of the DS ones next.
                You've got to be really lucky then, each pokemon has a formula that determines whether you catch them or not, and only using a handful of balls is solid

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                Sweet, glad to know I chose a solid pokemon for my first 2nd(technically 4th) generation go. I have no idea who any of the new Pokemon are. My Pokedroid is the best invention ever.

Who are some good 2nd gen electrics? Right now I have Mareep... is he any good/are his evolutions, or should I grab a Jolteon?

My water type is Wooper. Same questions as I have for Mareep. Currently rolling with:

Quilava
                Onix(ROCKY ftw!)
                Pidgey
                Gastly
                Wooper
                Egg(was Mareep, probably will be after it hatches. I bet it's ******* Togepi. What use do I have for Togepi, seriously)

I have a Magikarp too. I want some kick ass Pokemon, but at the same time I don't want to go Gen 1 pokemon except for Typhlosion instead of Charizard. Why is it that every new pokemon I've run into looks like a total ***? Seriously?
                I'd stick with Mareep, his evolution Ampharos is quite bad-ass and you get him at Lvl 30, so it's not difficult to train.

If you want a bad-ass pokemon, go to the Ilex Forest, find the guy who gives you headbutt and go headbutt the trees in Azaela town. For some reason Azaela town is considered a "mountain route" so you can find Heracross there. Not great typing but an absolute bad-ass

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                Buy a DS and SoulSilver(cuz I have HG) and we'll start the Carleton Pokemon Society!!!!

But not really haha. This is still a closeted pleasure of mine.
                Do it, I'm spending the weekend at Carleton in January, I'd be down to join this society lol
                Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                  Sweet, glad to know I chose a solid pokemon for my first 2nd(technically 4th) generation go. I have no idea who any of the new Pokemon are. My Pokedroid is the best invention ever.

Quilava
                  Onix(ROCKY ftw!)
                  Pidgey
                  Gastly
                  Wooper

I have a Magikarp too. I want some kick ass Pokemon, but at the same time I don't want to go Gen 1 pokemon except for Typhlosion instead of Charizard. Why is it that every new pokemon I've run into looks like a total ***? Seriously.

Why do you exist?

I would not be comfortable if you were the only thing standing between me and a big ass Pokemon.

You don't even have arms bro!
                  I never run through Gold or Silver without a Mareep. It's final evolution is bad ass as ****. Wooper isn't that good. Onix sucks. Togepi sucks. Typhlosion, Gastly, and Mareep is a solid start to a team. Get a Slowpoke, maybe a Zubat to raise to Crobat and you got a good team.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• so far my team after 1 badge in Silver
                    1. Geodude - Lvl 16.
                    2. Totodile - Lvl 16.
                    3. Gastly - Lvl 11.
                    4. Mareep - Lvl 7.
                    Non-important pokemon next.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

• Looks good Bengals!

Originally posted by prock View Post
                      I never run through Gold or Silver without a Mareep. It's final evolution is bad ass as ****. Wooper isn't that good. Onix sucks. Togepi sucks. Typhlosion, Gastly, and Mareep is a solid start to a team. Get a Slowpoke, maybe a Zubat to raise to Crobat and you got a good team.
                      Togekiss is pretty good if he trains Tokepi up, and if he can get a trade, Steelix is good too.

Agreed on Ampharos. I don't even carry one in my party, and I still trained one up because it comes in handy.

Agreed on Wooper. I'd go another direction than Quagsire.

Eventually ditch the Pidgey for a Skarmory if ya'd like a 2nd Gen Flyer. Or a Murkrow, because Honchkrow is a badass mamajama. I went through SS with a Hoothoot/Noctowl, but ditched him for LugiazzzZZZzzz.

Like CK16 (a pokegenius, if I do say so myself. Viva la Pokedraft!!!), Heracross is a beast.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Just got to the Slowpoke well, time to snag one i think....right?

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                          Just got to the Slowpoke well, time to snag one i think....right?
                          Psychic type would come in handy against the 4th Gym Leader, who uses Ghost types.

But Slowpoke takes forever to evolve into Slowbro, and it has horrible special attack which sucks for his typing (he won't make the best use of his Psychic attacks, which are mostly special attacks). Still, Yawn is a handy move to have.

It's up to you. I've always passed, and I think Starmie is a better Water/Psychic combo than Slowbro/Slowking. Staryu isn't available yet though, and I dunno when you'll get a Water Stone, so it's entirely up to you. Slowbro/Slowking are pretty good though - it just may be a pain gettin' there.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Yeah. I need a psychic type. There are no good psychic or fire types early in this game

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

• can't you get Abra somewhere early in Gold/Silver? I swear I Kadabra'd the Ghost gym...

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• so i'm in silph co., pwning some rockets. got:
                                30 growlithe
                                28 vileplume
                                32 squirtle
                                28 jolteon
                                30 dugtrio
                                31 mr mime.

pretty badass. I kinda wanna replace dugtrio. had 24 geodude there, but dugtrio knows cut and it's so convenient. hmmm.
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information