No announcement yet.

PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i caught one of them once by just trying to find him non stop and using mean look to keep the ***** from running away. its a ***** to get them though (or at least it was in ruby, at least i think it was ruby)
    E]

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      So, of the pokemon you can catch early in the game who should I bother trying to level up? I am playing yellow, so Pikachu for sure. Then I think I am going to try and work on my nidoran and pidgey. Other than those I have a spearow, mankey, rattata, and female nidoran..........any of them worth leveling up? Also, I'm about to enter the forest. Anything I shouldn't leave there without pokemon wise? Also, where are squirtle, charmander, and bulbasaur in yellow? I heard you get them early and I don't want to miss em.
      Bulbasaur and Charmander are in Cerulean and Squirtle is in Vermillion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat_Actor View Post
        How do I catch Suicune in HeartGold? I read in the book that you have to trade from Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum. Then what happens to the one that I have been seing in the game. Does Eugene or whatever his name is catch him? Also can I get some tips on catching Raikou and Entei? With using ultra balls?
        I haven't gotten that far but from what I've heard, you catch Suicune on Route 25 and its similar to other standard legendaries where you just walk up and hit A and start fighting them. You can't get him until after beating the elite four as his final spot to encounter him is Route 25 which is north of Cerulean City in Kanto.

As for Raikou and Entei, you need to randomly run into them across Johto and then you can catch them. They typically try to Flee right away or if you have someone that traps them, they use Roar to get away. Your best bet is to use the Master Ball on one of them or get someone who can put them to sleep right away and even then, they will flee when they wake up. They are level 40 so getting someone that outspeeds them and has a sleep move isn't the easiest. I do believe that the damage you do when you encounter them sticks until the next time though so it isn't terribly hard once you encounter them the first time as you can then track them on your map.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

How do I catch Suicune in HeartGold? I read in the book that you have to trade from Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum. Then what happens to the one that I have been seing in the game. Does Eugene or whatever his name is catch him? Also can I get some tips on catching Raikou and Entei? With using ultra balls?
          You'll be able to catch the one you've been chasing around in the game. You'll chase him through Johto, and through Kanto too. Eventually, it'll show up permanently at the cape above Cerulean City. Euicene (or whatever his name is) will run up to you and say that Suicune has chosen you, and that it should be only you who should capture it. It'll be just a stationary legendary at that point, like Zapdos, Mewtwo, Luigia, etc., so save before hand and then battle it.

As for Raikou and Entei, this is what I did. I raised up a Diglet whose special ability was Arena Trap. I raised it up to a Dugtrio, and that's who I used as my lead when tracking them. Arena Trap prevents them from "fleeing," but watch out for Roar. Both of them can use it, and will do so. I also used an Ampharos to Paralyze them, which came in handy because if they're "paralyzed and can't move," it just means I have an extra turn to chuck pokeballs. Also used Scyther with False Swipe to knock off the last slivers of health. So my process pretty much went Ampharos (paralyze) -> Dugtrio (knock down health in small chunks) -> Scyther (False Swipe to 1 HP) -> Dugtrio (Arena Trap them while throwing pokeballs). It'll probably take 10-15 encounters each, because this is a process. Once you paralyze it, it'll run, and then you'll have to track it down again for the next step. It's easier and more efficient and blind luck though!

I also figured out that Dusk Balls are great, so try catching them at night time and using those bad boys. That's how I caught Raikou. Don't Quick Ball them at yellow/green health, because it'll do nothing. Fast Balls are ok, but you'll probably run through them pretty fast.

As for finding them, I'd just fly to the same city over and over and over again. Every time you Fly, they'll jump to a random route in Johto. If either of them was adjacent to the city (check map on pokegear for their locations), then I'd run off towards 'em. If they're not, then I'll use Fly again to the exact same city I'm in. Don't bother with Repels or anything, because if they're in the route you're in, then they'll be the first pokemon you'll encounter most of the time (Sometimes it'll take two. If it takes three, then they've probably jumped to another route).

Happy hunting! I think I'm saving my Master Ball for Latios.
          Last edited by TitanHope; 08-13-2010, 10:38 AM.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
            the game would be so much better if you could actually kill pidgeys, like slaughter them and keep a head count of how many of those ******* you off'd on your journey...this fainting bs is so G rated lol
            Wild Caterpie appears!
            Charizard used FIRE BLAST!
            It's Super effective!

Caterpie fainted!

Seriously lol. Makes no sense. Although I admit I'd feel bad if it said I killed them haha.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
              Wild Caterpie appears!
              It's Super effective!

Caterpie fainted!

Seriously lol. Makes no sense. Although I admit I'd feel bad if it said I killed them haha.
              You forgot:

Charizard earns 8 XP!

or some ridiculously low number that doesn't help at all.

Personally, I liked going back to the beginning of games with high level guys, and using moves like punch or kick or headbutt, something bluntly physical, and just imagining Weedle getting popped in the face and being knocked out.

Comment

• Oh my god. Best video ever.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• it would be so much better if there was bloodshed where bloodshed is warranted lol
                  E]

Comment

Oh my god. Best video ever.

"Whited out" and Michael Jackson...

HA-HA! Double entendre!
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• TitansCJ really did neg rep me. wow. musta been drunk

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

You have to randomly come across them in the wild. They run after you get one shot at them each time. Every time you find them, weaken them or **** up their status. Once you find them once, you can check your Pokedex to see where they are, but if you Fly to where they are, they will move, you have to run to them, use repels, and walk around the area where they are shown on the Pokedex. It is a pain in the ass.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
                          There is R/B/Y/LG/FR, G/S/HG/SS, R/S/E, the last generation you haven't played is Pearl/Diamond/Platinum.

I don't use emulators, so I can't help you out with your other question.
                          Thanks, once I get Latios/Latias to run across my masterball I'm thinking I'm gunna switch to Pearl. Is it similar to Ruby?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                            Thanks, once I get Latios/Latias to run across my masterball I'm thinking I'm gunna switch to Pearl. Is it similar to Ruby?
                            Nope, it is a whole new generation. Pearl is awesome though.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Wild Caterpie appears!
                              It's Super effective!

Caterpie fainted!

You are a Pokemon murderer whether you like it or not:

In the original Pokémon Red/Blue, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town he asks whether or not you know what it's like to have one of your Pokémon die. At this point in the game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles.Your rival battle before this took place aboard the S.S. Anne. Your rival's Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle…but, because crowding and confusion on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to a Pokémon Center in time and the Raticate passed away. The real reason your rival is in Lavender Town to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest.

Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you're responsible for the death of his Pokémon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into the motivation he needed to continue his quest to become Indigo League Champion.

The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival's impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn't hold you responsible, he subconsciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions.Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate's grave to not fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better than you…defeating you…and to eventually make it to the Pokémon League. Mere moments after he became Indigo League champion, he was defeated…by you. Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokémon, it was only for a painfully brief instant.

In the end, your rival is scolded by his grandfather while you receive the professor's praise. During the course of the game, you steal your rival's innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own grandfather.Oh, and by the way, your rival doesn't have any parents. He's an orphan.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                                You have to randomly come across them in the wild. They run after you get one shot at them each time. Every time you find them, weaken them or **** up their status. Once you find them once, you can check your Pokedex to see where they are, but if you Fly to where they are, they will move, you have to run to them, use repels, and walk around the area where they are shown on the Pokedex. It is a pain in the ass.
                                Just a tip from someone who got way too good at catching those dogs in Gold, but Butterfree is a beast, get him around lvl 40 and he'll beat them to the punch, sleep powder hardly ever misses and my Butterfree will usually have Psybeam and a weaker confusion to whittle their health down as they don't heal between meetings. Just keep stalking them through the pokedex and using a sleep powder + confusion combo until they're in the red and asleep at which point it just comes down to how fast you can button mash to get the ultra ball to catch em.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information