PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
    Just a tip from someone who got way too good at catching those dogs in Gold, but Butterfree is a beast, get him around lvl 40 and he'll beat them to the punch, sleep powder hardly ever misses and my Butterfree will usually have Psybeam and a weaker confusion to whittle their health down as they don't heal between meetings. Just keep stalking them through the pokedex and using a sleep powder + confusion combo until they're in the red and asleep at which point it just comes down to how fast you can button mash to get the ultra ball to catch em.
    wow, you had the patience to level Butterfree up to level 40? thats impressive...i typically went with the Haunter/Gengar rocking Hypnosis to get the Legendary Beasts.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      Bulbasaur and Charmander are in Cerulean and Squirtle is in Vermillion.
      In the wild?
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        In the wild?
        Charmander is north of the Nugget bridge, talk to a guy there. Squirtle is from a police officer in Vermillion. Bulbasaur is in a building to the left of the Pokemon Center in Cerulean.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
          Charmander is north of the Nugget bridge, talk to a guy there. Squirtle is from a police officer in Vermillion. Bulbasaur is in a building to the left of the Pokemon Center in Cerulean.
          Nice, thanks.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            You are a Pokemon murderer whether you like it or not:
            This is probably the most awesome thing I've ever read. The very last 2 sentences make it all complete. It feels like I'm being chastized for raping someone haha.

But I never before realized that part of the story. Pretty awesome. :)

Comment

• But he has a hot sister that gives you gifts

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                This is probably the most awesome thing I've ever read. The very last 2 sentences make it all complete. It feels like I'm being chastized for raping someone haha.

But I never before realized that part of the story. Pretty awesome. :)
                its not a real part of the story...thats just fan-fiction designed to make you feel bad for Blue...Raticate was just sent back to Oak because, as the game dialogue tells you, he's there to catch a Cubone to make his party more diverse and powerful...

But that is a pretty awesome story and it could fit so its understandable that people like to think it really happened.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                  its not a real part of the story...thats just fan-fiction designed to make you feel bad for Blue...Raticate was just sent back to Oak because, as the game dialogue tells you, he's there to catch a Cubone to make his party more diverse and powerful...

But that is a pretty awesome story and it could fit so its understandable that people like to think it really happened.
                  Yea, I guess that's what I meant.

But yea, he's got a hot sister that gives it...errr items away for free. Yes, items....

Comment

• Dammit I saw some SoulSilver screenshots and I really wanna play it. But I have no moneyz to buy it. And I cant find a working ROM. Damn you internet! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I'z got moneyz but I won't have moneyz once Carleton comes asking for it :(

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Yeah thats my issue. Tuition or Pokemon? The choice we all struggle with
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• If you become a Pokemon Master you won't need school

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            If you become a Pokemon Master you won't need school
                            I wanna be the very best, like no one ever wasss.....

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              I wanna be the very best, like no one ever wasss.....
                              to catch them is my real test, to train them is my caaaaause

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                                wow, you had the patience to level Butterfree up to level 40? thats impressive...i typically went with the Haunter/Gengar rocking Hypnosis to get the Legendary Beasts.
                                When I played those it was to kill time so I spent a lot of time battle swapping a lot of pokemon just to strengthen my reserves. Plus Butterfree was a beast early on in Gold, sleep powder's the best sleep move, he's quick and gets some powerful psychic moves. Most of the time Kadabra's my go to psychic, but early on Butterfree does the job. Plus I think that Butterfree ended up around level 57 just because it was my second most powerful psychic pokemon and since I was bored on vacation killing time I just worked on developing a number of teams to rape the elite four while I tried to catch every pokemon that I didn't have to trade for.

Plus I think Butterfree, if you've leveled it up from caterpie, ends up faster than the legendary dogs in the mid 30's, which is usually around the point where I would switch Butterfree out of my main party.
                                Last edited by Rosebud; 08-13-2010, 02:50 PM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information