No announcement yet.

PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a fan of Butterfree early in the game too. Having a Psychic move to fall back on that early is nice, as are all the status effects. If I'm ever having trouble with Misty for example, I'll just send out Butterfree and paralyze her Starmie. After that however, my Butterfree use pretty much falls off and he ends up in the PC pretty quick. I think the highest I ever get one is maybe level 25 or so.

I caught a Caterpie and trained it into a Butterfree in Gold when I started it up recently, but being that the first gym is for Flying type, I never raised it past level 10 and just taught it Flash...

Comment

• The thing with Butterfree is that it really boils down to do when I want to catch an Abra and then battle-switch it into a strong enough Kadabra to replace Butterfree in my party since Ruby, which I just played, was the first game where I didn't have a regular psychic pokemon in my team, although right now I am rocking both a Solrock and a Metagross.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• I always tried to catch a caterpie early, and then level him up but always got bored. I would put him out first then switch so that he gains XP, and then just dominate with an actually good guy. I'm thinking my latest game I might stick with him though.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          I always tried to catch a caterpie early, and then level him up but always got bored. I would put him out first then switch so that he gains XP, and then just dominate with an actually good guy. I'm thinking my latest game I might stick with him though.
          I'd catch one in Viridian and then use the grassy area just south of Pewter to raise him up. If you get lucky, you get a couple wild Metapods who can only harden...takes quite a few tackles but in 15 mintues of doing that (and making runs to the Pokemon center which is just a few steps to the north) I'd have a Butterfree before even fighting Brock. (And with a Mankey/Squirtle/Bulbasaur, Brock would be a piece of cake anyway.)

Comment

• Yeah, I play the whole game with a weak pokemon being my starter and then switching to a strong pokemon if I'm not sure the weak one will win. That's one thing I've really liked about Ruby, the exp sharer thing.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
              You have to randomly come across them in the wild. They run after you get one shot at them each time. Every time you find them, weaken them or **** up their status. Once you find them once, you can check your Pokedex to see where they are, but if you Fly to where they are, they will move, you have to run to them, use repels, and walk around the area where they are shown on the Pokedex. It is a pain in the ass.
              I found it easier to just run back and forth between 2 paths, because every time you enter a path they move locations.

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              When I played those it was to kill time so I spent a lot of time battle swapping a lot of pokemon just to strengthen my reserves. Plus Butterfree was a beast early on in Gold, sleep powder's the best sleep move, he's quick and gets some powerful psychic moves. Most of the time Kadabra's my go to psychic, but early on Butterfree does the job. Plus I think that Butterfree ended up around level 57 just because it was my second most powerful psychic pokemon and since I was bored on vacation killing time I just worked on developing a number of teams to rape the elite four while I tried to catch every pokemon that I didn't have to trade for.
              Spore > Sleep Powder. Spore wasn't added till the third generation though. 100% accuracy vs 75%

I'm headed to the E4 after the first 8 badges in SS

Lv. 41 Vibrava
              Lv. 40 Starmie
              Lv. 40 Slaking
              Lv. 39 Venusaur
              Lv. 41 Scizor
              Lv. 40 Magneton

I'm thinking about replacing Slaking with Blissey because I haven't used one before. I can't level Magneton into Magnezone without trading so I might replace him as well. I'll be getting Shroomish/Breloom when I can instead of Venusaur. Spore + Poison Heal + Toxic Orb (Poison Heal heals more than Leftovers) is domination.
              Last edited by nrk; 08-13-2010, 05:07 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Anyone here ever roll with a Cloyster? Highest Defensive stat of any Gen 1 Pokemon and can be loaded up with some powerful ice moves (Aurora Beam and Ice Beam/Blizzard via TM.) Also can learn Surf to dispatch Rock/Ground/Fire types.

A Cloyster with Surf/Ice Beam/Spike Cannon/Toxic could be brutal.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                  Anyone here ever roll with a Cloyster? Highest Defensive stat of any Gen 1 Pokemon and can be loaded up with some powerful ice moves (Aurora Beam and Ice Beam/Blizzard via TM.) Also can learn Surf to dispatch Rock/Ground/Fire types.

A Cloyster with Surf/Ice Beam/Spike Cannon/Toxic could be brutal.
                  I often roll with Cloyster, and I actually have him in my first or second team in battles against friends. My Cloyster has a good nature and my Lapras doesn't, so I use him before Lapras. And forget Spike Cannon. Toxic/Surf/Ice Beam/Blizzard is my move set.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                    I'z got moneyz but I won't have moneyz once Carleton comes asking for it :(
                    Carleton in Canada, not Carleton in Minnesota, right?

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
                      I found it easier to just run back and forth between 2 paths, because every time you enter a path they move locations.

Spore > Sleep Powder. Spore wasn't added till the third generation though. 100% accuracy vs 75%

I'm headed to the E4 after the first 8 badges in SS

Lv. 41 Vibrava
                      Lv. 40 Starmie
                      Lv. 40 Slaking
                      Lv. 39 Venusaur
                      Lv. 41 Scizor
                      Lv. 40 Magneton

I'm thinking about replacing Slaking with Blissey because I haven't used one before. I can't level Magneton into Magnezone without trading so I might replace him as well. I'll be getting Shroomish/Breloom when I can instead of Venusaur. Spore + Poison Heal + Toxic Orb (Poison Heal heals more than Leftovers) is domination.
                      True, Spore is better than Sleep powder but Spore isn't in Gold/Silver is it?

BK

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                        I often roll with Cloyster, and I actually have him in my first or second team in battles against friends. My Cloyster has a good nature and my Lapras doesn't, so I use him before Lapras. And forget Spike Cannon. Toxic/Surf/Ice Beam/Blizzard is my move set.
                        My man, knew there was someone out there wreaking havoc with a Cloyster. You an Arcainine guy prock?

Comment

• Gary's Arcanine whooped my ass

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                            Gary's Arcanine whooped my ass
                            Are we talking about after the 8th Gym? On the way out of Viridian City?

Comment

• no, destroyed that one, but a mere 5 minutes later it is level 58

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                                no, destroyed that one, but a mere 5 minutes later it is level 58
                                I never quite understood where he was training those behemoths. What are you packing these days?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information