No announcement yet.

PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats cause Arcanine is a beast and one of the best Pokemon of the first 2 generations. Not even Entei, a legendary, could take his crown as the best Fire Pokemon.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Charizard lvl 50
      Raichu lvl 52
      Gyrados lvl 49
      Articuno lvl 51
      Nidoking lvl 43
      Kadabra lvl 48

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
        Charizard lvl 50
        Raichu lvl 52
        Gyrados lvl 49
        Articuno lvl 51
        Nidoking lvl 43
        Kadabra lvl 48
        Good pickup on Kadabra. I think you'd be best off leveling Nidoking/Kadabra/Gyrados up to Level 50, when you're up there the Elite Four becomes much more manageable. The Pokemon Mansion is a good place to get levels for Nidoking/Gyrados while Victory Road is great for Gyrados & Kadabra. Lineup looks good though. Nidoking/Gyrados could do work for you against Gary's Arcainine.

I was dead-set on watching game film on Alabama-Va Tech tonight, but I changed my plans.. I'm going to sit here in front of the TV and play FireRed while watching old episodes of Boy Meets World. I blame this turn of events on this thread.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

• His Arcanine was brutal in the E4. It would just barely survive a Hyrdo Cannon from my Blastoise, then hit him with an Extreme Speed while Blastoise recovered...then I'd switch out Blastoise to heal him and he'd use a full restore on Arcanine and toast whoever I sent out with Flamethrower.

Possibly the toughest in game Pokemon battle I've ever had....finally I got wise and used Surf. Took Arcanine down just past halfway...not enough for him to use Full Restore....then I survived the hit and used it again to finally kill him.

Just keep at it. I beat it without a single Pokemon over 50 iirc.....all 45+.

Comment

• My toughest battles would probably be against Whitney's Miltank in Pokemon Gold. I literally had to strategize for that battle from the beginning of the game in order to whoop its ass. Stomp is a decent move, Rollout's a killer, Attract can be a *****, and Milk Drink is filthy when you think you've won it.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
              My toughest battles would probably be against Whitney's Miltank in Pokemon Gold. I literally had to strategize for that battle from the beginning of the game in order to whoop its ass. Stomp is a decent move, Rollout's a killer, Attract can be a *****, and Milk Drink is filthy when you think you've won it.
              I do recall that being a pretty tough one.

Also, in Sapphire, I don't recall exactly where, but I remember running into a trainer with a Milotic before I really knew what a Milotic was. That thing was freaking brutal too. Part of the problem was that I couldn't figure out what type it was to try and attack it with something it was weak against.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                True, Spore is better than Sleep powder but Spore isn't in Gold/Silver is it?
                Paras/Parasect have been learning Spore since R/B/Y but they were the only ones that could learn it until third generation so most people ignored its existence since they never used them. Parasect was my secret Mewtwo killer in R/B/Y though as it was the only Bug pokemon that could hit it was a STAB move + Spore almost always ensured sleep. Leech Life + Giga Drain always returned my Parasect to full health as with its high HP there was no move Mewtwo could rock (outside of a Flamethrower/Fire Blast but who seriously puts a fire move on Mewtwo?) that would OHKO Parasect so I could always ensure putting Mewtwo back to sleep. Fourth move was always Slash since it took advantage of Parasect's Attack stat and pretty much always Crit.

Last edited by Grizzlegom; 02-16-2014, 08:53 AM.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• elemental punches on my Kadabra + Confusion.
                  Easy wins :)

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    I do recall that being a pretty tough one.

Also, in Sapphire, I don't recall exactly where, but I remember running into a trainer with a Milotic before I really knew what a Milotic was. That thing was freaking brutal too. Part of the problem was that I couldn't figure out what type it was to try and attack it with something it was weak against.
                    First time I faced Whitney in the regular gold. It took me a whole day to beat her. What I did was catch a Machop and evolve into Machoke. Works everytime.

It took me 19 revives to beat Lance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat_Actor View Post
                      First time I faced Whitney in the regular gold. It took me a whole day to beat her. What I did was catch a Machop and evolve into Machoke. Works everytime.

It took me 19 revives to beat Lance.
                      Isn't Drowzee in Gold?

Grab Drowzee trade for Machop.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

• Speaking of Whitney, just beat her first try.....Paralyzed Miltank with my Flaafy then Thunderpunched it to death. That wasn't too awfully bad...

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          Speaking of Whitney, just beat her first try.....Paralyzed Miltank with my Flaafy then Thunderpunched it to death. That wasn't too awfully bad...
                          Aren't the element punches epic?

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

• Can we all sit back and pause to take a moment to enjoy how this thread has gotten almost 1000 posts in less than two weeks? How ******* awesome is this forum???

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                              Aren't the element punches epic?
                              All 3 of them on a Machamp or Hitmonchan is epic.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                                Isn't Drowzee in Gold?

Grab Drowzee trade for Machop.
                                What game do you have? I do not know about that wifi trading ****. If you can point me through it sure, but not a Machop. Sorry. There are no Teddiursas, Delbirds, and Ledybas in Gold. Any of those three would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information