PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    I was a huge collector as a kid and loved the original games. This was my most prized possession when I was 8:

I had a Venosaur that I treasured....also got the Entei first edition they released with one of the movies. I felt so special :)

Comment

• Imma grab Yellow and go to work. Going to catch a Mankey and Pidgey...Mankeys spawn on the way to the Elite 4 or w/e?

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
      like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
        Imma grab Yellow and go to work. Going to catch a Mankey and Pidgey...Mankeys spawn on the way to the Elite 4 or w/e?
        That's exactly where I catch em. Does a good job on Brock when you start with Pikachu or Charmander.

Comment

• Don't want to derail, but the best game for VBA is Metroid: Fusion...Probably the best gameboy game ever, but I loved it when i was in middle school and these emulators were the shiz.

like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            You could catch one in the route that the Day Care is on. I think Mankey was an exclusive back then, so it was only available on either Red or Blue. Dunno if you consider that early though.

But yeah, in Yellow, FireRed, and LeafGreen, you can catch them in the route right next to Viridian (Prolly what you're talking about). That's how I beat Brock after starting with Charmander if LG. That, and a Nidoran(M) who knew Double Kick. I think Charmander learns Metal Claw pretty early though, so the three of them usually did the job.

Also prock, for dissing Tauros, you're dead to me... DEAD!!! :'(
            We are talking about the first red and blue, and by early I meant in Virdian, and you can't catch em there in the first red and blue. Brock was easy even with just Charmander, just have a few potions and just ember the **** out of his guys til they get burned. I never had a problem. I beat him once with Rattata, since I ran through the entire game with only him. And Tauros is very very overrated.

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            On the way from Viridian to Victory Road? He's not there? In the place with lots of Spearows?

I know it's possible in FireRed..but I always thought I did it in original red too?
            No you can't get them there in Red and Blue, only in Yellow. In Fire and Leaf you can.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
              I was a huge collector as a kid and loved the original games. This was my most prized possession when I was 8:

Mine was an original Charizard card I found in a pack, not bought separately. Then I got into Yu-Gi-Oh cards and traded my Charizard for like 6 beastly Yu-Gi-Oh cards, which ran **** for awhile, then I went back to Pokemon and was super pissed.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Yu-gi-Oh used to be the shiz

Comment

• Ok caught Mankey and Nidoran male. Love the way Nidoking looks

Comment

• Nidoking had beastly stats but was always held back by a lack of good moves.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Anyone do nuzlocke runs?

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        Nidoking had beastly stats but was always held back by a lack of good moves.
                        I make him my TM machine. Dig early....Strength, Earthquake, Toxic later....any others you pick up and want to use he typically works with.

He's just so beastly to get that early on.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                          And Tauros is very very overrated.
                          Says the guy who's talking about the greatness of Raticate. Tauros isn't even rated by most people. Not many people know good Tauros is. I picked him in the 1st Gen Pokedraft we did a while ago, and guys looked at me like I was nuts.

He's one of the best normal types there are sans the likes of Chan/Blissey and Snorlax, but they're walls unlike Tauros who's a sweeper. His high attack + speed makes him good, but the fact that his high speed in conjunction with STAB attacks like Body Slam gives him a better chance to render it's additional effect of paralyzing. So not only will it go first and inflict a lot of damage with that high attack, but it'll inflict more damage because it gets STAB, and it has a better chance to paralyze. And besides all that, he has good physical bulk.

He's taken a hit in the 4th Gen, but Tauros is a badass from 1st-3rd Gen.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• People who say Tauros is overrated have no idea what they're talking about. He basically defined competitive R/B/Y play because of his speed and STAB'd hyper beam.

Should I be ashamed to know this?
                            I'm a state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                              People who say Tauros is overrated have no idea what they're talking about. He basically defined competitive R/B/Y play because of his speed and STAB'd hyper beam.

Should I be ashamed to know this?
                              There is no shame in this thread. It got checked at the door.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                I make him my TM machine. Dig early....Strength, Earthquake, Toxic later....any others you pick up and want to use he typically works with.

He's just so beastly to get that early on.
                                I always used Toxic on my Gengar. Hypnosis/Dream Eater, Psychic, and Toxic...BEAST.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information