PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Ok, just wrecked the final gym and my rival before Victory Road. My problem is I only have 5 pokemon. They are

- Electabuzz (45)
    - Starmie (52)
    - Charizard (47)
    - Gengar (45)
    - Snorlax (46)

I need suggestions for a 5th Pokemon to catch and train up with the Victory Road trainers. Anyone see any holes in the team or suggestions for a specific type/pokemon?
    You will be fine with 5. I often only use 5 and put a random high level bastard from Victory Road in the 6th slot to use as a buffer for reviving or healing my other guys.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
      You will be fine with 5. I often only use 5 and put a random high level bastard from Victory Road in the 6th slot to use as a buffer for reviving or healing my other guys.
      I like to fill spots I don't need with like a level 16 Psyduck or something to get it in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
        Yeah, I know I would be fine with 5, I just want to have someone to train while going through Victory Road. Im thinking someone like Dratini might be nice. Or Scyther. Just someone who can throw down regardless of type.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• your pokemon are a tad weak for my tastes but you should do well.

I never raise a Pokemon on trainers, always in the wild. if you want to take the least amount of time, just raise an Onix from Victory Road. some of them are as high as Lvl 45/46. you could use a Rock/Ground type. But like others said, you may not REALLY need a 6th pokemon. but again, your Pokemon are lower than I would prefer.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I figure by the time I make it through Victory Road, they will all be around level 50, with Starmie a little higher since hes my most used Pokemon.

Also, the only reason I dont really need someone like Onix or Rhyhorn is because I taught my Snorlax Earthquake, so he has that angle handled. And he wrecks ****.
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• yeah I figured you did that, I was just talking about ease of raising.

if you want totally badass, by all means get a Dratini

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I think you're just garbage as a player APS. Your technique is flawed, your approach is considerably outdated, and your lineup consists of a band of weaklings. 5 Pokemon? What's the matter with you? You can't spend the extra buck on an Ultra Ball or two?

Now, me on the other hand, I've got a couple real go-getters on my side. Going into battle against Lt. Surge..

Lvl. 28 Charmeleon
                Lvl. 25 Gyarados
                Lvl. 24 Weepinbell
                Lvl. 24 Nidorino
                Lvl. 22 Pikachu
                Lvl. 21 Diglett (for Cut)

I plan on looking into raising a Snorlax. If Pikachu isn't getting the job done for me I may add Jolteon. I might also try to roll with a Slowbro in addition to (or instead of) Gyarados. That's shaky though, my team would be pretty weak against Electricity. I've never really ran with a badass Victreebell before and though it may not be the strongest, I think I might give it a try with a killer move-set (something like Toxic/Sludge Bomb/Sunny Day/Solar Beam).

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

• I was going to buy Pokemon D/P once, and then I remembered there are NO ******* fire types in those games.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Well I just walked through Victory Road and the E4 with those 5 rather easily...so I think that YOUR methods are outdated Pudge! Final roster was...

Gengar (51)
                    Starmie (58)8
                    Charizard (51)
                    Snorlax (52)
                    Electabuzz (52)

Epic. Starmie + Blizzard= no Lance.

Comment

• My methods outdated? Nonsense!

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

• Honestly though...that go round in FireRed made me a HUGE fan of Starmie. Words cant describe how awesome it was.

Comment

• I have always loved Starmie. So underrated. My new found love was Jynx.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                            Diamond

I'd like some input on my Diamond team. I don't like doubling up on Dark type with Honchkrow and Weavile, and Honchkrow was my Flyer so that's why I did so. Tauros is a trade from a previous version, so it's not like I raised him on it so that feels cheap. Breloom is a new addition that I thought about trading over to SS but I'm not.

So pretty much the only fixtures are Empoleon, Garchomp, Weavile, and probably Breloom.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe a Electivire or Luxray, and then after that... I draw a blank. :D
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I'm an RA this year and we have to make door decs (name tags) and I'm doing pokemon. That is all.

Comment

• Hall of fame, bitches. Just beat the E4 on HG. They were all easy, up to Lance, lol. I accidentally got too close to him before healing all my Pokemon from the last fight too, so I was worried. My Gyarados and Nidoking were the dragon killers, but with Gyarados out there, one of his Dragonite dropped Thunder. ****. Then Nidoking goes out and Dragonite drops Blizzard. ****. So in the end I sent Crobat out to die so I could revive Gyarados again to finish off Dragonite and Charizard. He got hit with Blizzard, and it got him down to ONE HP. That one HP let me make sure it was a full strength Gyarados in battle. I KO'ed Dragonite with a couple of ice fangs, then won a war of attrition with Charizard. With the whole Elite 4 combined, I ended up going through 2 max revives, like 3-4 revives, 13 Hyper Potions, 3 Max Potions, and 6-7 full restores. Winning team(With levels at end of the fight):

Ampharos: Lv. 46
                                Gyarados: Lv. 43
                                Typhlosion: Lv. 44
                                Kadabra: Lv. 44
                                Nidoking: Lv 41
                                Crobat: Lv. 40

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...