Clear All

• Just about to go up against the E4 in Ruby, my team is:

Gyarados lvl 43
    Torkoal lvl 46
    Sceptile lvl 45
    Gardevoir lvl 43
    Aggron lvl 46
    Groudon lvl 46

I know having Groudon is a bit of a cheat, but I was using a Mightyena until Victory Road and he was getting his ass kicked constantly, so I switched him out

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Just arrived at Victory Road with this team...

Lvl. 47 Charizard
      Lvl. 46 Victreebel
      Lvl. 45 Nidoking
      Lvl. 45 Raichu
      Lvl. 45 Gyarados
      Lvl. 44 Snorlax

Tried to mix things up from my normal team, I don't know that I've ever rolled through the E4 with a Victreebel & it must be like 6-8 years before I've brought a Snorlax with me. I'm never a Charmander guy, though I loved him/had no problems this go round. I had Gyarados before I even fought Misty, bought that Magikarp for $500. Raichu is a mainstay due to how early you get Pikachu. Nidoking is one I've used plenty in the past, but I'm loving his moveset this time around (Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Earthquake/Megahorn).

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

• I am playing Red on an emulator, and this is my team after Victory Road

Aerodactyl level 53
        Vileplume level 51
        Blastoise level 51
        Kabutops level 50
        Arcanine level 51
        Jolteon level 54

I have a Pidgeot and a Nidoking in my PC that are both about level 40. I ditched them for the two fossils. I am gonna run the **** out of the E4.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Just got my Tyranitar. Lot of ******* work that will pay off. Heading back to the Battle Frontier Tower and I hope I run back into that ******* Gentlemen trainer with the Mantine you has knocked me out both in the 3rd round. My Ampharos with thunderpunch will kill that mother ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
            Just arrived at Victory Road with this team...

Lvl. 47 Charizard
            Lvl. 46 Victreebel
            Lvl. 45 Nidoking
            Lvl. 45 Raichu
            Lvl. 45 Gyarados
            Lvl. 44 Snorlax

Tried to mix things up from my normal team, I don't know that I've ever rolled through the E4 with a Victreebel & it must be like 6-8 years before I've brought a Snorlax with me. I'm never a Charmander guy, though I loved him/had no problems this go round. I had Gyarados before I even fought Misty, bought that Magikarp for $500. Raichu is a mainstay due to how early you get Pikachu. Nidoking is one I've used plenty in the past, but I'm loving his moveset this time around (Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Earthquake/Megahorn).
            Those moves seem lost on a Nidoking. Isn't his special attack abysmal, especially in comparison to his regular attack?
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              Those moves seem lost on a Nidoking. Isn't his special attack abysmal, especially in comparison to his regular attack?
              Not really. Nidoking's physical attack is 7 points higher than his special attack, 92 compared to 85, so being a mixed attacker works fine. I'm partial to Sludge Bomb, myself.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Sludge Bomb and Earthquake on Nidoking would be cash.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Yup, I think my LG Nidoking had Sludge Bomb/EQ/Megahorn/Flatter. Flatter was purely experimental, and I never really got to test it out. It's still on it though, lol.

And when you think about it, both Nidoking's physical and special attack have to be fairly high. Why? Because of Nidoqueen. Nidoqueen is the defensive version of Nidoking. She needs to have high defenses in both categories, so Nidoking needs to have high attacks in both ones too.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• megahorn's a pretty badass move.

honestly though, nidoran/ino/king was my least useful pokemon during my recent run. It just was good offensively, and was nothing special except double kick, which came in handy against normal types. and like I keep saying, I think I used it only once during the E4.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Anybody want to play me in a HG/SS wifi battle? We can do a level 50 battle, so the levels will be equal...the rules I play with are no legendary pokemon and no items in battle (otherwise it could go on forever with revives)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                        megahorn's a pretty badass move.

honestly though, nidoran/ino/king was my least useful pokemon during my recent run. It just was good offensively, and was nothing special except double kick, which came in handy against normal types. and like I keep saying, I think I used it only once during the E4.
                        Ive always found since you can evolve Nidorino around level 23 and not miss any significant moves, he's a great early game Pokemon since Nidoking is such a tank statistically. That said, he loses his effectiveness later on once you start running into Psychic and more powerful Water pokemon.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Bought SS today. Got a level 16 Totodile and a level 10 Geodude plus the egg right now.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            Bought SS today. Got a level 16 Totodile and a level 10 Geodude plus the egg right now.
                            Welcome to the darkside, young Mace Voodoo. Good... Goood...

Anyway, playing the E4 on LeafGrean. Severely underleveled, but I think I can take 'em.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Comment

• Rattata :\

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information