No announcement yet.

PC Gaming Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've played a lot of MMO's but most of them sucked or lacked creativity. Honestly, it's some of the lesser known MMO's that I probably had the most fun playing (WWII Online/Pirates of the Burning Sea anyone?).

I enjoyed WoW for quite a time, but once I hit the level cap after BC came out it got old quick. I've always loved PvP (Dark Age of Camelot made me hate PvE/love PvP), and WoW's was pretty bland. Arena PvP ruined a lot of it too. I never really enjoyed raiding in WoW. I don't mind doing raids, but it got highly repetitive/boring.

I'm excited for TOR because it's finally implementing what I've always wanted in PvE/questing. That is to say, it's added story. It's not just "oh, go to Westfalls and make this random stupid stew." The combat looks more engaging, the raiding looks really fun. Plus, I'm a huge Star Wars fan and being immersed in that culture with an engaging storyline = epic win.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
      Lol, the space combat in Star Trek Online is fun, but it should be a $20 arcade game. I didn't play STO very long.
      Being a closet trekkie, I gave it a try for a bit. The space combat was fun. But to actually get anything decent required a ******** amount of grinding. I just couldnt do it and lost interest.

Comment

• I wish someone would make first person sports games. I know it wouldn't be easy, and the game play would obviously be flawed in comparison to real life, but I still think it could be fun if done right. How sweet would it be to play a football game from the view of the player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
          I wish someone would make first person sports games. I know it wouldn't be easy, and the game play would obviously be flawed in comparison to real life, but I still think it could be fun if done right. How sweet would it be to play a football game from the view of the player.

They did that in one of the 2k games.

It sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
            They did that in one of the 2k games.

It sucked.
            One half ass attempt doesn't convince me it can't be done. I've played a fan made first person soccer game. It's pretty fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
              One half ass attempt doesn't convince me it can't be done. I've played a fan made first person soccer game. It's pretty fun.
              I think baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, and tennis could be first person, but football just needs a little more peripheral vision than the screen can offer.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                I think baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, and tennis could be first person, but football just needs a little more peripheral vision than the screen can offer.
                It would be too hard to control yourself (at least at QB) with a controller. You would need one of those screens that goes over your head and rotates but even that would be a bit too bulky.

Comment

• You need peripheral vision in a gun fight too. There's lots of FPS's out there.

I don't think a football simulation would work, but perhaps some sort of football game that took into account the issues that first person presents. Some sort of arcadey football style game. Just think how cool it would look on your screen to see the view of a player playing in a stadium filled with thousands of fans.

Comment

• Forenci and Vidae you guys are making me super excited about the new Star Wars MMO. We should make an NFLDC gang. (Only the three of us can join though!)

Comment

• I've heard some bad things recently about that MMO, hopefully it'll be good though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        I've heard some bad things recently about that MMO, hopefully it'll be good though.
                        Yeah I've heard some really good things and some concerning things too. Should be interesting to the end result.

Comment

• People keep saying they've "heard bad things" but provide no links or any concrete proof.

Unless you count an ex-employee hate blog!

Give me links!

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                            Forenci and Vidae you guys are making me super excited about the new Star Wars MMO. We should make an NFLDC gang. (Only the three of us can join though!)
                            I would love to! But Vidae is a jerk and doesn't want to play with us. :(
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I just met some guy at Taco Bell, says he works for BioWare and this game is not going to be released after all. Expect a press release later today.

Sorry guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                                I would love to! But Vidae is a jerk and doesn't want to play with us. :(
                                I never said that! I said that I wasn't SURE what side I wanted to play. You see everyone, Forenci is being a whiny ***** and has to be a goodie two shoes light side player. He can't stand to play dark side! Wahhhh! :P

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information