PC Gaming Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
    Ive been playing it... I really enjoy it. The reason i asked was because I was playing and got my ass handed to me by a guy with the name GenZod
    Do you play on PS3 or PC? I have been playing too but on PC.

Comment

• Originally posted by pete_norm View Post
      New Skyrim gameplay trailer. This game is gonna rock!

I've been waiting to see some gameplay and it looks pretty friggin awesome. It sucks we have to wait until November though. :(

Comment

• omfg!

Comment

• Releases in May.

Also, I decided to give Rift a go... And so did over 1 million other people. That's a record, folks. Most successful initial launch in MMO history, and from what I've heard, it's good. Haven't gotten to play because the queue is so backed up. Not complaining, though. Would rather be waiting than swimming in lag.

Comment

• the only good hog has two wheels and a gas tank

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
              Releases in May.

Also, I decided to give Rift a go... And so did over 1 million other people. That's a record, folks. Most successful initial launch in MMO history, and from what I've heard, it's good. Haven't gotten to play because the queue is so backed up. Not complaining, though. Would rather be waiting than swimming in lag.
              The amount of subscribers on launch doesn't matter. The first month is free. Wait and see how many users it retains after that month is over.

Rift is a World of Warcraft clone with more class choices and random Rift "events" spawning in the world. Everyone I've talked to has said that it is pretty much the exact same game. No thanks.
              Last edited by vidae; 02-24-2011, 10:09 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• btw, skyrim is going to dominate my life when that comes out.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                  i just don't get the point in level-grind mmos. i get so bored when the only point is to get to the next level.
                  Leveling isn't the point, it's the grind. The point is doing things at max level, ie dungeon crawling, raiding, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                    The amount of subscribers on launch doesn't matter. The first month is free. Wait and see how many users it retains after that month is over.

Rift is a World of Warcraft clone with more class choices and random Rift "events" spawning in the world. Everyone I've talked to has said that it is pretty much the exact same game. No thanks.
                    I'm ever-skeptical, but I've heard good things. Initial launch doesn't mean much, but it does mean they made $50+ million in box sales in one day (probably closer to $60 or $70 million).

Sure, they used a lot of concepts WoW uses and probably have a very similar interface, but you'd be stupid not to these days. Some of the design concepts from WoW are just standard at this point.

The class system is pretty unique. There are skill trees, but you get to pick which trees you use. You start as a Warrior, Mage, Cleric, or Rogue (typical stuff) and can choose any 3 subclasses from your main class to form your 3 trees.

And one of my friends is (was) a high level raider in WoW (Top 50 guild). He says it has a much better - or at least different feel to it than WoW. It's not a WoW clone, it's just a post-WoW MMO.

Most of the people I play with are from Shadowbane (i.e. much different than WoW). They, in large part, hated WoW and were pretty nomadic since SB ended. They played some Darkfall and some of them moved to Eve. All of them played beta and really liked it.

I don't mean to sound like I'm singing the praises of the game, but it has potential and the people I play with like it a good bit.

Comment

• I didn't mean it to sound like I hate the game, I don't, but the entire group of friends I play with (who you'd hardly consider World of Warcraft fanboys) have said that there is very little there that would be considered innovation.

The class system is neat and Rifts are okay (as long as they handle contribution points differently than Warhammer.. I swear my Runepriest got dicked over because of that) but I'm not seeing groundbreaking in any aspect, and that's what I need these days to get excited.

Comment

• There's a balance, though. MMOs can only be fun when there's lots of people playing them, and lots of people don't want to play an "innovative" MMO that you or I would consider fun or good.

Basically, as long as it's solid and not an NC Soft grindfest (people getting to level 20 pretty easily from what I'm hearing in vent), I'm good.

Comment

• Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                          Do you play on PS3 or PC? I have been playing too but on PC.
                          PC... havent played in a week or so. So i havent seen the updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                            PC... havent played in a week or so. So i havent seen the updates.
                            Hero or Villain and what server?

Comment

• Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                              Hero or Villain and what server?
                              Hero Death and Glory

Comment

• Not sure how it will age, but Rift is fun as ****. The rift and world events are incredibly fun. The game is more like Warhammer than WoW.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information