PC Gaming Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
    Not sure how it will age, but Rift is fun as ****. The rift and world events are incredibly fun. The game is more like Warhammer than WoW.
    Not exactly an endorsement considering Warhammer sucked.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
      Not exactly an endorsement considering Warhammer sucked.
      Warhammer was great until you got to level 35-40 and there was nothing to do. Rift mixes the good elements of Warhammer with some WoW and DAoC. Like I said, we'll see how it ages once people start hitting max level, but it's pretty solid and fun so far.

Comment

• Wow, Rift sounds PERFECT!

Hopefully they balance the classes as well as Warhammer did!

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
          Hero Death and Glory
          Villain on Cry for Blood

Comment

• Comment

• So, I had started playing WoW just as a time sink and hated it. However, I sold it for $340 today; making a $220 profit. Sweet!

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• I hope you didn't have SC2 or any other games linked to your BNet account...

Comment

• I hope he did! That makes for a more interesting story.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• So, I had started playing WoW just as a time sink and hated it. However, I sold it for $340 today; making a $220 profit. Sweet!
                    Umm... how?

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                      Hero Death and Glory
                      i just rolled a Hero on your server

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                        Umm... how?
                        Probably through one of the websites that sells gold. You can often find buyers and sellers for accounts through those sites. You have to be extremely discrete when you sell your account, though.

Comment

And one of my friends is (was) a high level raider in WoW (Top 50 guild). He says it has a much better - or at least different feel to it than WoW. It's not a WoW clone, it's just a post-WoW MMO.
                          I was in a top 50 raiding guild for the 5 years I played WoW. I have to say that I do miss the comradery of raiding with people you enjoy playing with. Its probably the only thing I really miss though.

Rift has sparked my interest. But if I was going to dive back into an MMO, I would probably just check out Cataclysm. I think I'm just going to save myself for Diablo 3.
                          Last edited by General Zod; 03-09-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Probably through one of the websites that sells gold. You can often find buyers and sellers for accounts through those sites. You have to be extremely discrete when you sell your account, though.
                            You can sell accounts to a few websites. And nah, no SC2 or anything. Just WoW. You can also sell to people but they can **** you on payment so.. so easily. Paypal doesn't give any protection for virtual goods.

Also, Blizzard never bans IPs or people from playing WoW. They only ban accounts. Meaning even if you sell an account, it gets banned, you can always buy a new one.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                              You can sell accounts to a few websites. And nah, no SC2 or anything. Just WoW. You can also sell to people but they can **** you on payment so.. so easily. Paypal doesn't give any protection for virtual goods.

Also, Blizzard never bans IPs or people from playing WoW. They only ban accounts. Meaning even if you sell an account, it gets banned, you can always buy a new one.
                              Not that I don't believe you, but the only way you got that much for your account is if you had a 50,000+ gold, a full 359 ilvl or full vicious pvp set, some rare mounts and achievements and/or a lot of 80+ alt toons.

The WoW account selling business is pretty much dead at this point. Everyone was dumping accounts in the last half of 3.3.3, ICC got boring when no new content other than RS was released for pretty much a full year. You won't get more than the value of the expansions anymore unless you actually have some stuff on your account that is difficult to come by.

So just a heads up to anyone who thinks they can easily make a $220 profit on a WoW account, unless you pay a hell of a lot more to get carried through the hardest raids or to a 2500 arena rating (which is too high to even get carried to), get rare mounts, highest tier of gear and generally spend hundreds of hours on the account you will barely get more than what you paid for the game itself.

The only other way you might make a solid profit is if you have an account that you haven't touched in a couple years since Blizzard required you to merge your account with battle.net with BC + WotLK on it, at least like, a level 80 toon or a few high-ish level ones, anything rare on the account will only help increase the value. If you have an account like that I'd suggest trying to sell it because that way people can actually make their own battle.net account for it (so the account information associated with it is actually their own instead of yours, there is no way to change the account owner name on a battle.net account unless you can prove you legally had your name changed or you get married).

Comment

• Finished Mass Effect 2 today. I was pleased with my $20 purchase.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information