• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioware just makes good games.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I can't even play the Mass Effect or Dragon Age demos because I always get some error message when I try to play the Steam demos. I don't know why because my system is fine and runs other games great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
        Not that I don't believe you, but the only way you got that much for your account is if you had a 50,000+ gold, a full 359 ilvl or full vicious pvp set, some rare mounts and achievements and/or a lot of 80+ alt toons.

The WoW account selling business is pretty much dead at this point. Everyone was dumping accounts in the last half of 3.3.3, ICC got boring when no new content other than RS was released for pretty much a full year. You won't get more than the value of the expansions anymore unless you actually have some stuff on your account that is difficult to come by.

So just a heads up to anyone who thinks they can easily make a $220 profit on a WoW account, unless you pay a hell of a lot more to get carried through the hardest raids or to a 2500 arena rating (which is too high to even get carried to), get rare mounts, highest tier of gear and generally spend hundreds of hours on the account you will barely get more than what you paid for the game itself.

The only other way you might make a solid profit is if you have an account that you haven't touched in a couple years since Blizzard required you to merge your account with battle.net with BC + WotLK on it, at least like, a level 80 toon or a few high-ish level ones, anything rare on the account will only help increase the value. If you have an account like that I'd suggest trying to sell it because that way people can actually make their own battle.net account for it (so the account information associated with it is actually their own instead of yours, there is no way to change the account owner name on a battle.net account unless you can prove you legally had your name changed or you get married).
        Any account with one or two max-level characters will go for a decent amount. If you have the characters geared to a certain level, you'll get some really nice offers. My friend had some huge offers for his account, but he put SC2 on it and didn't want to deal with the hassle and lose his chievos. Some guy offered him $5,000 for it (of course, he had one of the most geared characters in the world with all of the realm first achievements and epic mounts)... I still think he's silly. He could have rolled another character on a new account and been back to where he was within a month or so...

Comment

• Does anyone else have an old game or two that you go back to on a regular basis? I've been playing TFC and Starcraft off and on since they released. I don't even like TF2 and Starcraft 2 doesn't compel me to want to drop 60 bucks. Whenever I can't find anything new that interests me I return to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
            Does anyone else have an old game or two that you go back to on a regular basis? I've been playing TFC and Starcraft off and on since they released. I don't even like TF2 and Starcraft 2 doesn't compel me to want to drop 60 bucks. Whenever I can't find anything new that interests me I return to them.
            Half Life 2 never gets old.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Damn it Diablo III come out already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                Damn it Diablo III come out already.
                It'll never happen :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                  Damn it Diablo III come out already.
                  I can wait until I'm done with DA2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                    Does anyone else have an old game or two that you go back to on a regular basis? I've been playing TFC and Starcraft off and on since they released. I don't even like TF2 and Starcraft 2 doesn't compel me to want to drop 60 bucks. Whenever I can't find anything new that interests me I return to them.
                    Heroes of Might and Magic III is the only computer game I've played consistently my entire life. Hell, not just computer, game in general. That and FFVII.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Anyone playing Rift? If so thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        Heroes of Might and Magic III is the only computer game I've played consistently my entire life. Hell, not just computer, game in general. That and FFVII.
                        Loved Heroes 3. That might be my third most played game ever.

Comment

• I don't care if he had every server first title and every rare mount in the game.. no account is going for $5000. None.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                            I don't care if he had every server first title and every rare mount in the game.. no account is going for $5000. None.
                            It was definitely going for that, but he just didn't sell. Someone approached him with that offer.

Comment

• I find that extremely hard to believe, haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                                I find that extremely hard to believe, haha.
                                It's not like it was just any account, though. If SF486 can get what he got for his account, which I assume is fairly standard... Think about the exponential factors of someone who has all of the realm firsts, a ton of gold, the best possible gear, in the Top 5-20 in all of the fights on the meters, and is in a Top 25 US guild... The character is decked the **** out and he had two other characters that were close, gear-wise, to getting into the higher level content.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information