No announcement yet.

PC Gaming Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold is at an all time low. Gear is not hard to get. The meters do not matter because the person purchasing the account has to play the character themselves. The guild doesn't matter because anyone who sells is being removed anyway.

The only thing here that is worth anything are the titles and mounts, and they're not worth 5k. Not even close.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
      Does anyone else have an old game or two that you go back to on a regular basis? I've been playing TFC and Starcraft off and on since they released. I don't even like TF2 and Starcraft 2 doesn't compel me to want to drop 60 bucks. Whenever I can't find anything new that interests me I return to them.
      Sorry, I would answer this, but I'm too busy playing Diablo 2.

Comment

• The oldest games I go back to are International Cricket Captain 2002 and Diablo 2. Though this has inspired me to find out if there are still any Myth 2 servers around, still the single greatest and under appreciated strategy game ever.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• You know you love it. This game was the **** when I was 12.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• When I was a youngster, I was playing..

On my awesome stainless steel Texas Instrument computer.

Take that whippersnappers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
              Not that I don't believe you, but the only way you got that much for your account is if you had a 50,000+ gold, a full 359 ilvl or full vicious pvp set, some rare mounts and achievements and/or a lot of 80+ alt toons.
              I had 3 85s, one at 350+ ilvl with some cool mounts, another at 340+ with 525 engineering. I just kept putting in bid requests because their prices go up and down depending on stuff. Eventually I got a really good one.

Gold is worthless. All the companies offer like $3.00-5.00 for 5k gold. It's insane.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                Finished Mass Effect 2 today. I was pleased with my $20 purchase.
                Did you finish with everyone surviving?

Comment

• Anyone here played Guild Wars? And if so, what was your general impression of it, likes/dislikes.

Thanks

Comment

• I loved Guild Wars when it first came out. Of course, I played it with my guild and we've been playing online games together for 10 years, so that probably made my experience different from the average consumer's.

We had a ****-ton of fun early on. Staying up until 4AM trying to stay on top...

You have to have a good group of people to be competitive in the game, but the PvE is fun, and the PvP was loads of fun while we were playing it. I look forward to GW2...

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                      I loved Guild Wars when it first came out. Of course, I played it with my guild and we've been playing online games together for 10 years, so that probably made my experience different from the average consumer's.

We had a ****-ton of fun early on. Staying up until 4AM trying to stay on top...

You have to have a good group of people to be competitive in the game, but the PvE is fun, and the PvP was loads of fun while we were playing it. I look forward to GW2...
                      Ok thanks, a friend wanted me to recommend an MMO that didnt have a monthly fee.

Comment

• Are you all still playing Rift?

Comment

• I never started. I finally got my new machine so I might check it out but it's a big might.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            Did you finish with everyone surviving?
                            No, I am doing a second play through, though. I wasn't aware that was possible. I might have to see how to do that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Alrighty guys...normally I'm a video game aficionado. But that kind of stop at console gaming. haha. Can any of you guys help me compile a list of really good pc only games for me to check out? What's good out there?

edit...oh, xbox 360 controller compatibility is a major plus, but if not, that's fine.

I know of a few I'd like to try...

the Witcher
                              Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I like action/adventure, RPGs, story driven games, whatever.

Not a fan of turn based games, MMOs, or real time strategy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Amnesia is quite the nerve-racking experience...

Obvious classics:
                                Diablo II
                                Baldur's Gate I/II

Syberia
                                Spore
                                Freedom Force
                                Wizardry
                                Gothic/Arcania
                                Torchlight

Kind of tough if you're not into strategy games because FPS and RTS is where the PC really shines. Also, there are tons of non-exclusives that are just better on the PC.

I've been mostly doing coop games lately with a friend. We had a blast playing Magicka and Portal 2 and are going through Left 4 Dead now while we wait for more coop games to come out.

Really looking forward to Dead Island.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information