Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC Gaming Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Damix View Post
    Considering starting to play Rift with a few friends. Thoughts?
    It's pretty fun. It's easy to get caught up playing it for hours on end because you're constantly doing something. I didn't get very deep in the game though, so my opinion of the entire game is incomplete.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Damix View Post
      Considering starting to play Rift with a few friends. Thoughts?
      I played the 10 day free trial and it was ok, but I wouldn't spend $50 and then another $15 a month for it. The Rifts themselves are neat and the class system is different, but I wasn't wowed. I've played every MMO to ever be released (except that stupid Star Trek one and the Matrix online) and I'd put it in the top 20%, but meh. I just wasn't impressed.

      Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

      Comment


      • Originally posted by vidae View Post
        I played the 10 day free trial and it was ok, but I wouldn't spend $50 and then another $15 a month for it. The Rifts themselves are neat and the class system is different, but I wasn't wowed. I've played every MMO to ever be released (except that stupid Star Trek one and the Matrix online) and I'd put it in the top 20%, but meh. I just wasn't impressed.
        Did you play Neocron?

        Sig by Hitman D.

        Comment


        • I played Matrix Online. Actually was one of the people that ruined the game. lol. Elevator leveling trick... My guild had a bunch of max level characters and the next highest person was like 25. Hilarious. The GMs had to login and fight us with Agents constantly because we'd just sit there smoking everyone. And the Agents only stood a chance when they turned on god mode.

          I'm turned off of MMOs in general these days. They're just boring.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by vidae View Post
            I played the 10 day free trial and it was ok, but I wouldn't spend $50 and then another $15 a month for it. The Rifts themselves are neat and the class system is different, but I wasn't wowed. I've played every MMO to ever be released (except that stupid Star Trek one and the Matrix online) and I'd put it in the top 20%, but meh. I just wasn't impressed.
            25$ and 14$ a month if you buy for 3 months. Still not great, but better then retail. I'm going through the trial right now.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nrk View Post
              Did you play Neocron?
              Is that the first ever "fps mmo"? If so, no, but I did watch someone play it.. if that counts? :P

              I also recently played Global Agenda which was ok but really lackluster too. PlanetSide was neat when it first came out, but people have to do a lot more to make FPSMMO a viable market.

              Originally posted by Damix View Post
              25$ and 14$ a month if you buy for 3 months. Still not great, but better then retail. I'm going through the trial right now.
              Yeah I guess. Like I said, I did like the talent tree/skill system.. thought it was neat, and I really like Bard/Minstrel classes in games so that was a turn-on but overall, after the 10 days, I just felt meh about it.
              Last edited by vidae; 06-24-2011, 02:47 PM.

              Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

              Comment


              • I bought Rift over Fathers day weekend because it was only $9.99. I went ahead and payed for a month. Ive been playing everyday since, Im really enjoying it.

                Comment


                • Team Fortress 2 free on Steam right now.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                    Team Fortress 2 free on Steam right now.
                    Prolly will download and play but my bet it wont be as fun...with buyable things that make you better plus the increase in cheaters will prolly kill it dead.

                    Comment


                    • Most servers have anti-cheat stuff on, and items were always part of the game. You can get every item through playing that you can buy anyway, so it isn't a big deal.

                      I've been playing it like crazy and it's so gd fun. Forenci and I (and another friend of mine) were heavy-medicing it up last night. Let me know if people feel like playing with us.

                      Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by vidae View Post
                        Most servers have anti-cheat stuff on, and items were always part of the game. You can get every item through playing that you can buy anyway, so it isn't a big deal.

                        I've been playing it like crazy and it's so gd fun. Forenci and I (and another friend of mine) were heavy-medicing it up last night. Let me know if people feel like playing with us.
                        I have no idea the premise of the game lol... I just saw it was free and jumped on it.

                        Comment


                        • I just have to say that I love digging threw my closet of goodies.Came home for the weekend to get of MT Rainier in Washington.Since I bought a new laptop to play games I decided to go threw and see if I could find some old games to play in this laptop.What I found was Triple Play 2001,Return Fire 2 and NCAA fine four 97 should be pretty interesting to play again.Does any one else love playing older games on the PC?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by vidae View Post
                            Most servers have anti-cheat stuff on, and items were always part of the game. You can get every item through playing that you can buy anyway, so it isn't a big deal.

                            I've been playing it like crazy and it's so gd fun. Forenci and I (and another friend of mine) were heavy-medicing it up last night. Let me know if people feel like playing with us.
                            Ill be on after I get off work tonight most likely.

                            Comment


                            • haven't played tf2 in forever.

                              Comment


                              • Forenci and I just ripped it up with two engis. It was awesome.

                                Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information