No announcement yet.

PC Gaming Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam is perfect. EA is wasting money with Origin and it seems like they think way too highly of their PC gaming market... Which consists of...ME and DA... Gotta wonder how long Bioware sticks with them...

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
      Downloading the Battlefield 3 alpha. It's easy. You have to have or create an EA account and download Origin. Then go to go to bf3alpha.battlefield.com and log in. It will give you a key to redeem on Origin.
      Do they give them to everyone who does that?

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
        i've had nothing but good experiences with viewsonic. in fact, over 4-5 monitors, i've never even had so much as a dead pixel.

that said, if you can, find a retailer selling them, and go check them out in person. i don't tend to find a lot of noticeable difference between same-level lcds (assuming, of course, that you're not buying some bizarre off brand). *shrug*
        Looks more and more like I'm going with that one. No retailers selling it near me though :( So I'm going off specs and word of mouth alone. The 24 inch Samsung is still in play too though, just wish they made the same thing in a 27 for a competitive price with Viewsonic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Stash View Post
          Do they give them to everyone who does that?
          I believe so. I don't know if there are limited keys, but after going to that website and logging in they will give you a key. You enter that key on Origin and then start the download.

Looking at that website again, it skips step 1: invitation by going to that link. I don't know if it is suppose to work openly.
          Last edited by nrk; 07-28-2011, 10:07 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
            I believe so. I don't know if there are limited keys, but after going to that website and logging in they will give you a key. You enter that key on Origin and then start the download.

Looking at that website again, it skips step 1: invitation by going to that link. I don't know if it is suppose to work openly.
            I did this and it came up saying I was not able to do it. So it must be limited.

Gwin writes:
            Please note this is exactly what i did and 1-3 days later i received my code, so it’s probably not a coincidence(sic)
            1. Login to EA of your account
            2. Add the games of battlefield series (i added BF2, BF1942)
            3. Add BF3! i did this because it was there
            4. Explore around the Origin Site (i did this but don’t know if it’s related)
            when i did this, within 3 days i got my invite… i think the age of the account, the games you bought over the years and what your interests/jobs are (if in IT i think they think that you understand tech stuff) is part of the invite process
            this is what i did, you can try too so don’t get angry if it doesn’t work.
            Please note i only have added Battlefield games on my EA account so i don’t know if this also makes a difference.
            P.S i don’t think it’s against the rules to post when i did which MAY get your an invite.
            Disclaimer: Please do not use any of this information, I do not condone any use of this information, it’s for educational purposes only.
            Secondly

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS OF ALPHA TESTING BATTLEFIELD 3:
            Dates: July 19 – August 1
            Platform: PC
            HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER (use any browser other than opera)
            1) Site Alpha testing BF3 https://bf3alpha.battlefield.com/index.php?id=1
            2) Login using your credentials for a user account EA or sign up to EA
            3) Accept the terms of use and confirm their participation
            4) Get the code for loading the game Will be at top of screen)
            5) Download the game client, follow the instructions to download
            6) Leave a comment and answer questions in our questionnaire on security forum
            Last edited by StripedWalrus; 07-28-2011, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• I managed to get in and am downloading it now.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                I managed to get in and am downloading it now.
                How did you go about getting in?

Comment

• Anyone here have Amnesia: The Dark Descent? Thinking about getting it.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• It's scary.

Comment

• I really wish Bioware wouldn't taunt us like this. Normally by now we would have a release date.

http://kotaku.com/5827577/world-of-w...losing-players

Now is the time to try and steal some of the hard core WoW fans away. They just have to strike while the other side is wounded.

Comment

• I think Blizzard is going to release Diablo 3 when TOR is released. I have a feeling.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• They are claiming that it is to be released in 2011... Which would suck. I wouldn't know which one to play.

Comment

• Diablo 3 apparently wont be able to be played without an internet connection

Comment

• Yes, there is no offline/single player mode anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                                They are claiming that it is to be released in 2011... Which would suck. I wouldn't know which one to play.
                                I'll play TOR at release and check out D3 later when I'm done leveling/doing that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information