No announcement yet.

PC Gaming Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else has bought games on sale from Steam and still not played them or hardly touched them? I bought Mirror's Edge in like July and haven't played a second of it yet. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
      Who else has bought games on sale from Steam and still not played them or hardly touched them? I bought Mirror's Edge in like July and haven't played a second of it yet. :-D
      You should! It's a pretty fun game to play. It's not very long but it's unique and some of the sequences in it are amazing.
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
        Your defiantly right about wow, they need to shake up the formula. And while Cataclysm has them revamping the original areas and lore that I loved when I first started playing which is cool, its still pretty hard for me to get to excited about it. I myself did like wotlk better then tbc.

If I may ask, what was it about Aion that you didnt care for? My biggest gripe is that after the starting areas, all the high details graphics and interesting quest lines seem to peter out at around level 15 or so. But I gotta say, I love the pvpve(as long as the server is stable lol).
        You can get to 20ish through quests and then it just DROPS (at least it did when I played).. I basically did group grinding from 20 to 50 which is fine, but when I hit 50 there wasn't much to do.. not to mention you need a jesus machine for giant sieges. I crashed multiple times and then I realized it was a known error with my OS that they've had problems with in Asia for over a year and hadn't fixed.. and I'm a raider. I've almost always been a hardcore raider, and outside of pvpve there were no raid instances.

It got dull fast.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
          You can get to 20ish through quests and then it just DROPS (at least it did when I played).. I basically did group grinding from 20 to 50 which is fine, but when I hit 50 there wasn't much to do.. not to mention you need a jesus machine for giant sieges. I crashed multiple times and then I realized it was a known error with my OS that they've had problems with in Asia for over a year and hadn't fixed.. and I'm a raider. I've almost always been a hardcore raider, and outside of pvpve there were no raid instances.

It got dull fast.

Ah I hear ya. I got more enjoyment out of pvp/arenas vs raid content on wow. Maybe thats why Ive stuck with Aion still be cause I still enjoy the pvp and am not interested as much in raiding.

Comment

NERV GET IN HERE I NEED MEZ HEAL BY KEEP 2!

Comment

It got dull fast.
              Same for me. After I finished reaching the new level cap (raising level cap is the worst thing ever btw) in BC it got really dull. Normally I would turn to PvP but I've always felt the PvP in WoW was unrewarding and pretty bland. Arenas were just god awful too.

I fully understand WoW is the pinnacle of MMO's and I give it a ton of credit from turning most MMO's being a grind fest by killing mobs into a quest based experience system, but it still isn't that creative or groundbreaking to me.

I enjoy PvE, but PvP is typically my main focus as even the questing system in WoW gets pretty old. Especially when you've leveled multiple alts. I swear if I ever had to do a Westfalls Stew quest again I'd go insane.

That's why I'm excited about The Old Republic. I love RPG's (singleplayer ones mostly) because of the awesome story and TOR is going to combine amazing story telling in an MMO.

Comment

ToR isn't going to revolutionize any gameplay mechanics, but adding companions is awesome and they're adding a fully voiced and STORY DRIVEN game, which is going to be just flat out amazing.

Watch out for <Oh look, it's Jimmy Smits> on a server near you!

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

ToR isn't going to revolutionize any gameplay mechanics, but adding companions is awesome and they're adding a fully voiced and STORY DRIVEN game, which is going to be just flat out amazing.

Watch out for <Oh look, it's Jimmy Smits> on a server near you!
                  Exactly. I don't need ground breaking gameplay mechanics, I just want a fleshed out story with interaction and dialogue combined with good PvP and fun dungeon raids. Or whatever the TOR equivalent to a dungeon is.

Although I will say there the gameplay does look better in TOR than it does in WoW. Seems far more interactive with cover and mobility. Plus Troopers will be ranged tanks which is interesting too.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how Bioware goes about making an MMO. TOR is the one I'm looking forward to at this point because it sounds like FFXIV is clunky (though it might be good for a console). I will probably play WoW again when Cata comes out. It's basically an entirely new game/game world. Don't have time to be a regular raider, so the changes to gear the game more towards 10-man raids is a good one for me (if/when I do raid).

Civ V and Diablo 3 are the ones I'm looking forward to. Probably won't get any other games besides those two in the next year or so. Not even much on the console that I want these days as I'm very selective.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                      It will be interesting to see how Bioware goes about making an MMO. TOR is the one I'm looking forward to at this point because it sounds like FFXIV is clunky (though it might be good for a console). I will probably play WoW again when Cata comes out. It's basically an entirely new game/game world. Don't have time to be a regular raider, so the changes to gear the game more towards 10-man raids is a good one for me (if/when I do raid).

Civ V and Diablo 3 are the ones I'm looking forward to. Probably won't get any other games besides those two in the next year or so. Not even much on the console that I want these days as I'm very selective.
                      Rated Battlegrounds are going to be awesome.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

So I started playing Amnesia... OMG **** that! 'Bout shat my pants a few times and I haven't even seen the "shadow" yet (or did I? I DON'T KNOW!). If you're into games like Silent Hill or are a big HP Lovecraft fan, this game is for you...

Super immersive game. Been told by friends who are big into thriller movies and games that this is the scariest game they've ever played.

I have to force myself to play it. Something bad is going to happen, but I don't know what and I don't know when or where... Every little hallucination freaks me the **** out.

Comment

Did you ever play FEAR? I thought it was one of the better 'horror' games. It wasn't insanely scary but walking around in the game was really spooky and tense.

Comment

I played FEAR2. One of my favorite games, actually. I'm not a big horror fan because I hate that feeling (which is why I have to force myself to play Amnesia). Ya, walking around in FEAR2 was nerve racking.

Comment

You should play the original, it was way better than the second game. I'm not a fan of horror games myself, mainly because I loathe horror movies, but some of them are fantastic like FEAR.

Resident Evil 2 was pretty amazing as a horror game. Scared the crap out of me as a kid.

Comment

I've been addicted to Civilization V. My only problem with it is the length of the games. Fun as hell though.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information