No announcement yet.

PC Gaming Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like the War Z is terrible. It's beta but still.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Star wars f2p release is crap....

Anyway I think I am done playing starwars again...I remember why I stopped playing it in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
        Star wars f2p release is crap....

Anyway I think I am done playing starwars again...I remember why I stopped playing it in the first place.
        Me too, though we did have some fun for a bit there in PVP didn't we? :)

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
          Star wars f2p release is crap....

Yeah I messed around on it for a day, lost interest pretty quick.

Back to GW2 for me...

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
            Me too, though we did have some fun for a bit there in PVP didn't we? :)
            We did!! My jugg is a 50 now...and I havnt been able to do 1 pvp match with him. Last night I waited 2 hours and today another 2....never got into a lvl 50 pvp match. Seriously, I am done now. lol

Comment

• Anyone play CS:GO much? They just had a big update with skinned weapons and weapon/case drops after matches.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Sooner or later I'm gonna build myself a new PC, my sister lives right next to a microcenter so I will probably buy from there, probably going to limit myself to around $600, do you think its neccisary to buy a new HD, mine is 5 years old or so and only 600 GB but I've never come close to filling it(have a TB external HD for movies/shows)

if you were to build a pc for $600 what would it look like, mostly for gaming/graphic design

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  Sooner or later I'm gonna build myself a new PC, my sister lives right next to a microcenter so I will probably buy from there, probably going to limit myself to around $600, do you think its neccisary to buy a new HD, mine is 5 years old or so and only 600 GB but I've never come close to filling it(have a TB external HD for movies/shows)

if you were to build a pc for $600 what would it look like, mostly for gaming/graphic design
                  Anything else you can salvage besides the hard drive? Plan on playing games?

Microcenter is a fantastic resource to have. You're already starting ahead there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• 480w PS, couple cases I could empty out, blu-ray player/burner

and yes to games

Comment

• MSI has some seriously good features for the price. I've never built on them before though.

I'll have to take a look at some things, but the system njx suggested looks like a pretty good. You could even skimp out of a video card for now with an APU based system and get something down the line. I would personally want a little bit more headroom on the power supply as the 650 TI has a minimum of 430, but that's just me.

Also, RAM being that expensive sucks ****. Might go up a bit more in the near future too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                        off the top of my head, without spending a ton of time:
                        AMD A8 6600K Black Edition 3.9GHz Quad-Core Socket - $110
                        2x8GB Corsair DDR3-1333 - $140 ($120 w/ rebate)
                        EVGA 02G-P4-3658-KR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boos - $190
                        then pick a motherboard, as there's a wide range of options for under $120. i tend to stick to asus these days, but i used to trust gigabyte. heard good things about msi.
                        maybe something like a
                        ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Socket AM3+ ATX AMD Motherboard - $100
                        I think considering he could go to Microcenter he could get a better deal on an Intel processor. They have some amazing deals on Intel processors.
                        (shameless self-promotion)
                        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• microcenter has a deal if you buy a processor & mobo combo

http://www.microcenter.com/site/prod...d_bundles.aspx
                          http://www.microcenter.com/site/bran...r-bundles.aspx

and free games don't really mean anything to me, so don't worry about those deals
                          Last edited by fenikz; 09-10-2013, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                            microcenter has a deal if you buy a processor & mobo combo

http://www.microcenter.com/site/prod...d_bundles.aspx
                            http://www.microcenter.com/site/bran...r-bundles.aspx

and free games don't really mean anything to me, so don't worry about those deals

How's this? $52 over budget(less after rebates), but that's a heck of a lot of system that will last you quite awhile.

May be able to find some things that aren't processos/motherboards for slightly elss at other places.
                            Last edited by ElectricEye; 09-10-2013, 12:25 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                              I think considering he could go to Microcenter he could get a better deal on an Intel processor. They have some amazing deals on Intel processors.
                              Good deals on AMD processors as well. Microcenter is amazing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• But Intel > AMD all day

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information