No announcement yet.

PC Gaming Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here play Dota or League of Legends? I just starting playing League of Legends because it is made by the original developers of dota and am really enjoying it. The big plus is that its free.

Comment

I played DotA for awhile. I haven't in awhile, so I can't imagine how hard it would be to get caught back up with everything. I tried to play the SC2 DotA clone but it sucked ass when I played it.

I'm very proud of myself for not buying Civ5. No way could I handle that game. Start playing at 5PM, finally decide your bladder can't hold in the pee anymore...it's 7AM.

Comment

I've played about 5-6 hours of Civ.. hard to get into a game and then stop so I've been pacing myself.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

There needs to be a Civ meme.

Comment

I Pikachu in the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
              I played DotA for awhile. I haven't in awhile, so I can't imagine how hard it would be to get caught back up with everything. I tried to play the SC2 DotA clone but it sucked ass when I played it.

I'm very proud of myself for not buying Civ5. No way could I handle that game. Start playing at 5PM, finally decide your bladder can't hold in the pee anymore...it's 7AM.
              If you liked Dota, you should give League of Legends a chance if you get bored. It's a free standalone version of Dota that gets updated all the time.

Comment

Medal of Honor is $59.99 on PC? That means I definitely won't be buying it.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Originally posted by nrk View Post
                  Medal of Honor is $59.99 on PC? That means I definitely won't be buying it.
                  You're not going to pay $60 for a mediocre and generic modern combat shooter? Well, you're really missing out! Especially since you'll probably be able to get it on sale from Steam in a couple of months. Although, I'm not sure you should even buy it when it's on sale.

Oh, and the initial reason I wanted to post in this thread was to say I bought L4D1 and 2 when it was on sale last week. Can't really say I see why so many people like those games. They feel really repetitive after a couple of hours.

Comment

I want to buy Civ 5 so bad but I really don't have the time for it. Best series of games ever though.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                      You're not going to pay $60 for a mediocre and generic modern combat shooter? Well, you're really missing out! Especially since you'll probably be able to get it on sale from Steam in a couple of months. Although, I'm not sure you should even buy it when it's on sale.

Oh, and the initial reason I wanted to post in this thread was to say I bought L4D1 and 2 when it was on sale last week. Can't really say I see why so many people like those games. They feel really repetitive after a couple of hours.
                      Yeah, I probably wont even buy MOH when it goes on sale either.

As for L4D2, the multiplayer is really fun, especially if you're playing with friends who use mics. Versus and Survival modes are fun. Scavenge I like, but it's pretty much a dead game mode. There's a different/new game type every week called Mutations. The current one is Taaannnkkk! A versus game where every special infected spawns is a tank. Its hilariously fun.

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      I want to buy Civ 5 so bad but I really don't have the time for it. Best series of games ever though.
                      Civ V has definitely cut into my studying time.
                      Last edited by nrk; 10-13-2010, 06:39 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Since people keep talking about Civ 5, I'm curious how many here have played Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and/or 3. The series hasn't been good since 3, but prior to that the games were time obliterators. I killed quite a few days and nights with those games. Fun as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          Haha yeah, I want to buy it so badly but I'm too busy with school right now. I'm buying it after the semester though.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Ah man....I was a big PC gamer back in the day, with a custom built computer and all. Now I just have my little Wal-Mart laptop I had to buy when that $1600, custom built computer literally caught fire.

Proof:

So now, I mostly just replay some of my old games from time to time....I don't really have the money to keep up anymore anyway.

But some of my all time favorites are obvious stuff, like Starcraft and Warcraft 3 (never got into WoW or any other MMOs though...)

My all time favorite video game is Morrowind. Excellent and super deep game....the scale of it remains unmatched in anything I've ever played or heard of since then. I can see why the somewhat lame fighting would turn people off, but I've easily spend thousands of hours playing it and it's two expansions and I'll still find new things when I play. Like "Hey, I never realized there was an enchanted battle axe hidden in that random stump before..." or you'll be searching some random house and find a funny note, or a throwback to one of their other games....love it. I recommend it for any PC RPG fan looking to kill many hours. You can probably find the GotY edition online for $20 bucks, and it comes fully patched with both expansions. I'd even give you some helpful tips on getting started, as that tends to be the hardest part where the most people get turned off.

And recently, I've rediscovered my old copy of Rome: Total War. I bought it not long after it came out and played the hell out of it, but when my old gaming computer burned up, I ditched most of my games at my parents house and they got lost in the shuffle of things there. Then, back in March when I blew up my knee, I was home for spring break visiting doctors and such and needed something to do...so I got digging around and found my copy of Rome. Totally my type of game as you can really get into it and micromanage everything....I would spend 10 hours a day playing when my knee was hurt since I couldn't really do much else. Excellent game...another I highly recommend if you like more technical RTS games and you can probably find it pretty cheap online.

Just some random thoughts of mine...

Comment

Whenever I'm home I pretty much have CS:S, Civ, WoW, SC2 or LoL running on my computer. I only started playing WoW when wotlk came out and really got ******* bored with it when the stupid ICC buff went up to 30% and I got my 310 ICC mount, bane of the fallen king 10m achievement, blah blah blah, so I've leveled like 3 boomkins on seperate accounts and sold all of them for like $200 each. Yeah, I make money off the games I play bitches!

My laptop just totally ******* exploded the other week so I haven't been playing anything but WoW since then because it's graphic requirements are so low its ********, and I just can't stand 3 fps in SC2 or anything else.

By the way does anyone else think its ******** how on a quality computer you can get lower FPS with full video settings playing WoW than you do on Crysis? Blizzard's tech is so out of date for WoW it makes me sad.

I've always been more of a pc gamer ever since I started playing HL before steam even came out. I ******* HATED steam when it first came out and changed all the maps up. dod_caen was so legit before steam and then when steam came out it was like, "HAI GUIYZE EVERYONE PLAY 32/32 dod_avalanche AND RUN AROUND PRIMING NADES EVERYWHARRR." I played some cal m with a clan in dod for about 6 months and then just quit playing dod altogether when source came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                                Since people keep talking about Civ 5, I'm curious how many here have played Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and/or 3. The series hasn't been good since 3, but prior to that the games were time obliterators. I killed quite a few days and nights with those games. Fun as hell.
                                I hated those games. I bought 2 with the expansion pack...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information