PC Gaming Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    Any of you MMO people gonna bite on Cataclysm or DC Universe online?
    Ya, I'm going to bite on Cata. DC looks a lot better than I thought it'd be. Thought it'd just be a CoH rip-off - which it is - but it seems to be a bit better than that.

Last edited by nepg; 10-23-2010, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
      I play Countersike: Source and League of Legends at the moment. Has anyone bought Fallout yet? Worth it?

I bought it, pretty fun, very similar to FO3 with less bugs and more variety.

Comment

So I rediscovered Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour today and played it for a while.

So many good memories.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
          Ya, I'm going to bite on Cata. DC looks a lot better than I thought it'd be. Thought it'd just be a CoH rip-off - which it is - but it seems to be a bit better than that.
          I gave up wow sometime ago and vowed never to play again. But I will say that Cata is making it difficult. I like the idea of revamping all the old world stuff. The original wow content is originally why I got into the game so much, its really good. And while I thought that wotlk was better then BC, I found that I got bored pretty quick.

And while DC looks a lot like coh, I like the fighting/game play mechanics look much better. And graphics overall.

Comment

Demon Hunter is the final class. Range, Melee, or Shadow DPS. This was pretty obvious, but still interesting.
            I got my hands on that class for a bit and it is quite impressive. I don't think anyone will be let down playing it.

Any of you MMO people gonna bite on Cataclysm or DC Universe online?
            Hell no and maybe. I'm done playing WoW forever now. Nothing about it interests me. DC Universe looks promising, but I don't have high expectations.

Now, Star Wars: The Old Republic looks smexy, and so does Diablo 3. Those two games will dominate my existence for a long long time.

I gave up wow sometime ago and vowed never to play again. But I will say that Cata is making it difficult. I like the idea of revamping all the old world stuff. The original wow content is originally why I got into the game so much, its really good. And while I thought that wotlk was better then BC, I found that I got bored pretty quick.

And while DC looks a lot like coh, I like the fighting/game play mechanics look much better. And graphics overall.
            That is actually what I dislike about the game the most. I understand the lore behind it, but after reading about it, watching trailers, and listening to panels, I find myself feeling.. "meh".. about it.

If you're curious about D3 though, check out d3db.com! We have the entire skill list (minus the rune changes) up now. Should give you a quick glimpse into the kind of stuff they'll be able to do.

note: Demon Hunter had 8-9 skills max as it was just revealed. I'm sure there will be more info about them flowing out soon.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Oh vidae =D

The only game I play is football manager, however I may be interested in the upcoming Star Wars game.

Comment

Those things are dogshit and a complete rip-off. That's like paying a crack ***** $50 for sex/handy/bj when you can go to the bar and get a decent chubby to do the same for a $3 drink.
                It's more like paying a hot girl to give you one instead of $3 for a chubby.

Comment

I concur with Vidae. I played WoW for quite a while but it really never captivated me. It was extremely well polished and is still the best MMO around right now, but to me it lacks creativity and entertainment value. The end game gets boring quick, especially if you don't enjoy raiding a ton.

Anyways, that's the end of my geek rant. I'm just excited for SW: The Old Republic like Vidae said. It's really going to combine my favorite element of an RPG (the story) into a massively multiplayer setting, which has really never been done on this level.

I'm really not sure how I feel about D3 yet. I was addicted to D2 as a kid, but it'd be really hard for me to find enough time to play it in addition to TOR when that comes out, as well as other games.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Things aren't looking too good for TOR right now. Starting to sound like a massive flop. I was excited for that one, too. When FFXIV made zero progress from FFXI and the news came out about TOR, I gave up and am now getting ready for Cata.

I'll probably play the Demon Hunter first. Prior to the announcement, I was thinking Monk. I'll be playing with a friend who has been all about the Witch Doctor since the game was announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                      Things aren't looking too good for TOR right now. Starting to sound like a massive flop. I was excited for that one, too. When FFXIV made zero progress from FFXI and the news came out about TOR, I gave up and am now getting ready for Cata.

I'll probably play the Demon Hunter first. Prior to the announcement, I was thinking Monk. I'll be playing with a friend who has been all about the Witch Doctor since the game was announced.
                      lol, what? What things aren't looking good? If anything the hype over it has INCREASED and how has it looked like a flop when it hasn't even been released?

This entire post made no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                        lol, what? What things aren't looking good? If anything the hype over it has INCREASED and how has it looked like a flop when it hasn't even been released?

What do you expect from someone who would show interest in the Final Fantasy MMO's?

But yeah, TOR's hype has massive at this point. Especially since E3. I'm curious how it's looking like a "massive flop".

Comment

• In general I respect nepgs opinion on various topics, but I'm just confused as to what he has been seeing or reading that has shown any negatives about TOR.

Comment

• As do I respect his opinion, but can't comprehend someone A) showing interest in the FF MMO's and B) saying TOR is going to flop with all evidence pointing to it being amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post

Apparently they've dumped $300 million into it and all they have to show for it is a 27GB sound file, and not much else in terms of content. Lucas and EA are extremely worried that the game will flop. Apparently they put everything into the voice acting, and the rest of the game is a mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                                Apparently they've dumped $300 million into it and all they have to show for it is a 27GB sound file, and not much else in terms of content. Lucas and EA are extremely worried that the game will flop. Apparently they put everything into the voice acting, and the rest of the game is a mess.
                                Again, based on what?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information