PC Gaming Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    well thats an interesting read if anything else.

And for the record, I was a huge fan of the Final Fantasy PS series, but the FF MMO blows imo.
    Playstation Final Fantasy's rule......They seem to be divisive for most people. People either love them or they laugh at you and tell you how stupid you are if you say you love them.

Never played the MMOs though....MMOs never really appealed to me.

Comment

• And that's assuming it's even an employee.

Being a fan boy you should know it was Obsidian that messed up on Alpha Protocol, not Bioware. Bioware has continued to make fantastic games even since EA has come into the picture. Why you would buy into an employee with an obvious axe to grind is beyond me.
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
        And that's assuming it's even an employee.

Being a fan boy you should know it was Obsidian that messed up on Alpha Protocol, not Bioware. Bioware has continued to make fantastic games even since EA has come into the picture. Why you would buy into an employee with an obvious axe to grind is beyond me.
        Sega ****** up Alpha Protocol.

EA has left Bioware alone since they came into the company, but once you start talking MMOs... That's a whole new ball game. Bioware is known for taking their time and pushing back releases to make sure they get it right. TOR just seems rushed - especially compared to their other games.

Just saying...I see some cause for concern.

Comment

• Meh, I'm not worried about it. This game has been in development a long time. Also, Bioware isn't that well known for pushing back releases. That's more of a Blizzard trait, which they really haven't done in quite sometime. The Bioware team making TOR has a HUGE staff, devoted to more than just the audio element of the game. Not to mention they have an insane budget. Plus they've hired good designers and re-used much of the original KOTOR team. I have zero doubts this game will be awesome.

If you provide credible sources (i.e., fair and balanced with no agenda) I'd be interested to see them and it would raise my concerns. Until that point I have faith Bioware will get the job done based on their past games and everything I've seen on the game thus far.

You're obviously entitled to have your own doubts, but saying it's not going to be good based on a clearly biased and possibly uninformed source is pretty absurd.

And honestly, I think Obsidian is the issue more than the Sega, or any of their publishers. They've proven time and time again that their games are unpolished and flawed. Look at New Vegas. Okay reviews for the game, but it's super buggy. Just not as good a developer as people think, tbh.

Comment

• What Forenci said.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
              It's not Bioware causing the supposed problems, it's EA... Which is why I think what I read holds water. EA gets their mits on every MMO they are near and ruin it somehow. Just look what happened to UO and then WoW.
              EA doesn't touch WoW. Blizzard still runs the show in that department. WoW hasn't even been ruined, it's just getting stale like most MMOs do over time. A company that ruins MMOs is SOE.

There's no way Blizzard is just going to hand over their multi-million(billion?) over to a new team or management who could just ruin it in an expansion (or a patch, in the case of Star Wars Galaxies and SOE !!!!!!).

That blog is laughable. I'll take the tons of videos/articles/interviews I've seen over this random blogger.
              Last edited by nrk; 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Wow...I meant WAR. lol. Blizzard is...paired (?)...with Activision. Though I don't think Activision is allowed near anything Blizzard does. Both are under the Vivendi Universal banner.

EA and SOE are equals in the field of ******* up MMOs. Which is why I'll probably stay away from DC Universe.
                Last edited by nepg; 10-25-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                  Wow...I meant WAR. lol. Blizzard is...paired (?)...with Activision. Though I don't think Activision is allowed near anything Blizzard does. Both are under the Vivendi Universal banner.
                  Oh yeah, we both got something mixed up. I was thinking Activision haha.

I haven't played Warhammer so I wouldn't know much about that. Publishers like EA do like to stick their nose into things and mess things up, I agree. I just imagine they'd give a proven company such as Bioware the reins to do what they want.

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                  EA and SOE are equals in the field of ******* up MMOs. Which is why I'll probably stay away from DC Universe.
                  Yeah, I'm weary of any MMO SOE puts out. The only reason why I'm excited for EverQuest Next is because 1) it's EverQuest, and 2) the team has a lot of members from EQ1 and EQ2.
                  Last edited by nrk; 10-25-2010, 05:00 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• WAR sucked because Mythic went down the drain long before EA took over. They started losing developers and were never great to begin with.

As much as it pains me to admit, EA really hasn't been too bad lately. I hate a lot of the **** they do, but they've seemed to adopted the idea of letting most of their developers do what they need to do. Particular any of their developers that have clout (i.e. Bioware).

Comment

• Let's just say that I hope TOR is good, but I've stopped holding my breath for "the next great thing" MMOs (been playing them for 13 years).

Kind of wish BioWare made an MMO based in the Forgotten Realms universe instead, but KOTOR is pretty popular, and the Star Wars brand will sell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                        As much as it pains me to admit, EA really hasn't been too bad lately. I hate a lot of the **** they do, but they've seemed to adopted the idea of letting most of their developers do what they need to do. Particular any of their developers that have clout (i.e. Bioware).
                        I definitely dislike Activision more so than EA.

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                        Let's just say that I hope TOR is good, but I've stopped holding my breath for "the next great thing" MMOs (been playing them for 13 years).
                        Yeah, almost all hyped MMOs don't go so hot now days. I started playing MMOs in the 5th grade with EverQuest. MMOs now days just don't seem to be innovative. I'm really hoping The Old Republic can be the next EQ or WoW in that sense.

Did anyone ever play Jumpgate back in the day? I thought it was a lot of fun. Jumpgate Evolution is a MMO I'm going to keep my eyes on.
                        Last edited by nrk; 10-25-2010, 05:08 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Ditto. Activison is pretty bad. They're entire philosophy is to pump out Call of Duty games, Guitar Hero games, and have really not done anything creative in some time.

It's going to be a rude awakening for them when they can no long milk the CoD series.

Comment

• They lost Infinity Ward, but have Bungie making a new game for them. Bungie was smart this time, and will own the rights to the new IP, not Activision.

Comment

• I've been playing MMOS since EQ went live, and I've never been more excited for one than I am for TOR, right now.

I've played pretty much every one on the market in either beta or live, except that stupid Star Trek one. TOR is going to revolutionize the genre. I believe that.

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                                I've been playing MMOS since EQ went live, and I've never been more excited for one than I am for TOR, right now.

I've played pretty much every one on the market in either beta or live, except that stupid Star Trek one. TOR is going to revolutionize the genre. I believe that.
                                Lol, the space combat in Star Trek Online is fun, but it should be a $20 arcade game. I didn't play STO very long.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information