Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
    Agree with most of this...

Not a fan of Khakis, they just scream old, married and with kids. I honestly don't know anyone my age who wears them, not the most or least fashionable people I know.

Also... not a fan of the jackets, it may just be a Perth thing but anytime I see a guy in one of those it just screams douche. Normally some kind of pathetic emo haircut goes with it, because lets be honest, it has never once been cold enough in Perth in the last 25 years to justify wearing a jacket like that and you have to be a complete douche or masochistic to want to wear one. I guess they can get a pass in cold weather, but still look douchey as all hell, I've never been any place that was cold enough that a decent sweater and jeans didn't do the trick.

Man that is not expensive. The cheapest pair of shoes I own is my work shoes that cost $175 and I don't even consider myself to have expensive taste in shoes. Actually take that back... my Havaianas didn't cost that much, they were only $40!

Personally I'm very much about comfort, got my designer shirts and shoes for heading out in, you basically can't get into any pubs/clubs here in anything less than dress shoes(general rule is if it has laces you aren't coming in), but about the only time I'll wear Jeans is to head to a pub, normally T-Shirt guy or Polo. Don't mind suiting up for a night out, pretty much guaranteed to pick up in a suit. But in general a pair of boardies or loose fitting shorts and a singlet will do me fine, tshirt if I'm headed somewhere a bit classier, Polo if I'm headed somewhere really classy. If I can wear thongs(Flip flops) I will basically.
    You know you don't mean the flip flops, you love to wear your banana hammock everywhere.

Comment

See...I get the concept and believe the above to be the way to go, but my sticking point is always "how much/many?" I know I only need one suit (mainly for weddings, funerals, and interviews). But how much of everything else do I really need? Work is business casual (and I should probably stop wearing untucked golf shirts - I don't even play golf). I never go to clubs, I take online classes (might go to Panera or a coffee shop once or twice a week to get out of the house to do work), and typical going out is to brew pubs. Never have a need for a tie unless it's a situation where I'd need a suit (though I'm pretty sure I've got ties covered anyway).

I need to go through my closet and fix my wardrobe.

I need to fix my shoe situation. I refuse to stop wearing a pair of Born loafers that look really bad. I might be able to fix them with polish... They're so ******* comfortable, though!

And what socks do people wear with those plain white sneakers? I always wear running shoes because I have flat feet (i.e. running shoes are comfy and fit best). So I always just wear ankle socks you'd wear running. Think they might look funny with plain white sneaks...

Comment

I have dressed up 1 time in my life. At my brothers wedding, otherwise it just at happening because I could care less.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Black jeans, white tee with something not to fancy on the front, chuck taylor's. done.

Comment

Usually I just go for a fairly plain t-shirt (quite often a college football one, over here they aren't exactly common), dark blue jeans and trainers.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

just a note, since i started dressing up more like a twenty one year old with a stable job the ladies have noticed. just fyi. button up shirts, rugby polos, plain T-shirts, jeans and khakis.
              Last edited by Shiver; 12-04-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                just a note, since i started dressing up more like a twenty one year old with a stable job the ladies have noticed. just fyi. button up shirts, rugby polos, plain T-shirts, jeans and khakis.
                That's how I've been dressing since high school, I always put in the extra coin for clothes. Not saying I go out and buy freaking expensive ****, just try and put on a matching/fitting outfit. Also take advantage of great bargains.
                Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn; 12-04-2010, 09:05 PM.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Wranglers and pearl snaps for me.

Comment

I love these, buying them when I get my tax money.
                    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S
                      I don't know. I own 2 winter coats, one navy and one grey. If you don't have standard grey and navy overcoats, tan is likely a luxury. If you want a navy trench, while I do not own it, I believe this will be quite good (http://www.kentwang.com/outerwear/trenchcoat-navy.html)
                      I like this tie! Kentwang, why you so expensive?!?!

http://www.kentwang.com/ties/grenadine-navy.html

I have a bit of a tie fetish. Get it in that 3 inch width.

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                        You know you wear some Ed Hardy as well.
                        Who in the **** actually wears that?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

If you don't wanna shop but want to dress nice, I stand by this. I have been going for 8 months now and have been happy with pretty much everything that i have gotten.

http://www.fivefourclothing.com/club...rer/user/41282

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by brat316 View Post
                            I like this tie! Kentwang, why you so expensive?!?!

http://www.kentwang.com/ties/grenadine-navy.html

I have a bit of a tie fetish. Get it in that 3 inch width.
                            His grenadines are amazing. I can tell you that.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Just go to thetiebar.com

Comment

Luckily I don't need to wear suits. Button ups and khakis? Yeah. Pretty much all the time. I could get away with some jean combos every now and then but not really.

Once you start wearing button ups every day you realize the devil is in the details. I prefer solid color shirts so little details like your watch, your cufflinks, the fit and thickness of the shirt, the collar, your belt, shoes etc really make a difference.

Your khaki game better be on point too. Gotta have that crease.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information