Official Fashion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Fashion Thread

This was briefly touched upon in the relationship thread, but I thought it should be expounded upon. I just turned twenty-one. I need to change my style: basically I've used a plain T-Shirt, cargo shorts and Converse All-Stars for the past two, three years. Time for a more grown up look I think. Suggestions?

Drop the cargo pockets, kahki shorts without them look nicer. A long sleeve sweater, button up shirt.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

What about shoes?

Comment

What the **** are chinos?
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

You can't go wrong with a cheap pair of nikes, a coca-cola theme t-shirt from JCPennys, and some jorts from Target.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
          I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Don't wear jorts unless you're from Florida.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

This guy knows whats what.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
              I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

khakis, polos, sweaters, and shoes.

welcome to adulthood.

you can get away with jeans too, you don't have to give up jeans. i wear jeans and a button up here and there.

Comment

Funny that tonight is Fashion's Night Out in NYC.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Hello. Welcome to the Fashion Thread! Turn in your man-card at the door and step inside.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I own two polo shirts that I never wear.

On the flip side, I have tons of hoodies and basketball shorts. My normal attire. Yup, I dress like I'm in 8th grade still.

Hell, I just started wearing jeans last year. I never wore jeans once in high school.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

I wear LRG, Element, Hurley, Billabong and Quicksilver for the most part. Sometimes wear Nike or Addidas too

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          khakis, polos, sweaters, and shoes.

welcome to adulthood.

you can get away with jeans too, you don't have to give up jeans. i wear jeans and a button up here and there.
                          Pretty much this. I get to wear things that I like maybe two or three times a week.

Comment

I like wieners so ill participate.. Most of this is decent advice in my opinion. Commence the hatred.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

Last edited by aLARGEtopHat; 09-10-2010, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I never wear Khakis shorts or otherwise and I never wear boat shoes, not into what I call the standard just married attire, all the time I see these dudes who're in their late twenties wearing this **** with young kids. It's like the dad uniform out here and I think it looks stupid in the first place.

If it's summer I wear boardies or what they call walkboard shorts for some ******** reason,

They look good with a t-shirt and have pockets for a phone and a wallet.

Shirt wise I either go plain coloured tees, maybe something with a slight pattern or brand name. Surfwear shops are everywhere out here and it's acceptable, sometimes I bust out a RATM or tasteful band shirt.

Dressing up, for bars or nightclubs can't go wrong with good jeans, dark blue or black (occasionally, not overly often) with chuck taylors, adidas kicks or black leather shoes, ones I bought are kind of all purpose, with a good polish look great with a suit, without look fine with jeans.

Button downs are a must avoid horizontal lines though, or too busy of a pattern, subtle pin-stripe is good if you're a bit of a fattie.

Sleeves rolled up looks better than sleeves down though imo.

Designer T-shirts are worth the money for trawlin for tail but are expensive.

Socks is a big thing too, don't wear anything other than black socks with long pants unless you're wearing brown leather, on brown leather, only with a gray suit and even then that's pushing it imo.

When it comes to watches, I like silver, I'd wear gold if I was black or arab, Analogue only too.

When it comes tor rings, chains, etc etc, my advice is don't wear it, it never looks as good as you think and all women from my sister to friends to GF's past have recommended just a watch and nothing more.

If you're not sure what suits you, pick up an FHM or MAXIM or something and look through till you find something you like, alternatively movies or tv shows and try to buy similar or the same as what you like the look of. Try going to a clothing store and getting someone to help you pick something that works.

Trying out different clothing in stores often makes you feel self-conscious and like a bit of a nerd, everyone does, just nut up and take it till you find stuff you like.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information