Defense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense

Hi guys, im thniking about start coaching a football team. I was looking over defenses on the internet but couldn't find any good websites.
    I was hoping you would might help me out a little and write about your favorite D#: advantages and disadvantages. :?:

What level of football?

Comment

Prevent

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
        What level of football?
        Yeah, that's almost 100% needed in order to answer your question.
        SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

The level would be from 16-19 years old, 11-man football

Comment

i love the 5-2 but my school runs a 6-1 which is basically a 4-3 with the OLBs up at the line.

Comment

Offense>Defense

Comment

I'd go with a Cover 2 (that's 4-3) but it really depends on your personnel and what the other offences in your league like to do.

Comment

It really depends on the personnel, but I prefer the 4-3. If you can get some big bodies up front and win the battle in the trenches you can free up the rest of the defense to make plays.
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

i know its a lot about my personnel. but i would like to have a standpoint

Comment

4-2-5 is where it's at.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
                        I think more important than the actual formation is the philosophy. All good defences have an identity and a main goal they're trying to accomplish. This is the most important aspect of your defence. For example, you could want a defence that is very aggressive, pressures the quarterback, and makes plays behind the line of scrimmag.e You could want a defence that disguises it's coverages very well and forces the offence into making mistakes. There's many different directions you can go but it's important that you do choose a direction and go with it.

Comment

For that level of football, I am more partial to the 5-3 defense, as most teams are not very efficient with passing the ball and stopping the run game should be the focal point.
                          SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
                            Well, why don't you tell us what you have to work with then and what your ideas are before we give you suggestions?
                            i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Up here, when it's 16-19, it's mostly a running league. If that's the case, go 46.

Like 4-4 style, not that bear crap.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information