Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Boardwalk Empire Thread

Discuss!

Does Michael Pitt remind anyone else of Leo?

Yeah, it's eerily close.

Great pilot episode. Can't wait for next week.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Same, its distracting. I like what I saw, Ill be watching.
      I want a sig.

Comment

Sunday was awesome, the only thing I don't like about the show is that even though he was great in the first episode, I think of two things everytime I see Steve Buscemi:

and

Not even Reservoir Dogs, just Billy Madison and Mr. Deeds.

Comment

Great show. If I had to make a show about something it would be this.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I found the pilot incredibly boring. I'll give it one more week to hook me.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
              Sunday was awesome, the only thing I don't like about the show is that even though he was great in the first episode, I think of two things everytime I see Steve Buscemi:

and

Not even Reservoir Dogs, just Billy Madison and Mr. Deeds.
              I think of Con-Air.
              I want a sig.

Comment

I loved the pilot. I know it started slow but I trust that it set up a lot for next episode. The only thing I didn't like was how many characters they introduced. It was tough to keep track of after a day of football.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                  I loved the pilot. I know it started slow but I trust that it set up a lot for next episode. The only thing I didn't like was how many characters they introduced. It was tough to keep track of after a day of football.
                  Yeah, that was my biggest complaint as well. Instead of throwing every single character that the show will feature at me, show a little bit more plot development.

Comment

Man I loved the first episode. I was so happy when the one dude said he was Al Capone. It was awesome when Lucky Luciano says "I don't like what I'm hearing" and Busemi says "Well maybe you shouldn't be listening when grown ups are talking" ahahahhahh he straight bitched him.
                    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                    Just let it go RWO.
                    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

"jesus you're ******* mermaids now?"
                      "every vote counts!"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Loved the pilot.

I could see not liking it tho. YFS, you should stick it out until at least the 5th episode. Apparently that is the point when all the storylines intersect and everything gets awesome. There are a bunch of review out for those that care to read them.
                        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          Excellent point.

It was very difficult to keep track of all those guys with thoughts of Jahvid Best running through our heads...

I would think a good portion of their target audience would be football-watchers as well...
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I think if the names 'Scorsese' 'Sopranos" and 'Buscemi' weren't involved, people would not be impressed at all by the pilot. I was bored by it and saw nothing ground breaking or very original. Ill give it a few more episodes but not sure (oh wait, yes I am...it's because of those names I mentioned above) why everyone is raving over it and the pilot episode.

I see nothing more than an outstanding marketing job by HBO right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                              I think if the names 'Scorsese' 'Sopranos" and 'Buscemi' weren't involved, people would not be impressed at all by the pilot. I was bored by it and saw nothing ground breaking or very original. Ill give it a few more episodes but not sure (oh wait, yes I am...it's because of those names I mentioned above) why everyone is raving over it and the pilot episode.

I see nothing more than an outstanding marketing job by HBO right now.
                              So basically what you are saying, is if their are people out there that didn't share the same view as you and happened to like the show that their all tools?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information