Tennis & Golf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis & Golf

Neither sport is popular enough to draw enough attention on here to have its own thread apparently, so let's try a 2-fer. My European and Aussie friends, help me out here with these sports!

Nice win by Federer over Djokovic today in Shanghai. Strange for me to see Roger as the #3 seed and Djoker the #2 seed, as if that was an upset. I still can't believe Fed lost to Djoker at the US Open, up 2-1 in sets. The ladies would have been all done by then. They only have to play 3 sets, and still get paid the same **** money for slams? That's bull****.

Anyway, Murray vs Federer tomorrow in the finals. Gotta like Roger.

What's going on in golf right now?

Tennis yes, golf no

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
    Originally posted by fenikz
    we all hate you

Comment

Tennis no. Golf, **** yeah

Comment

Women's Tennis **** Yeah!

We are clearly in the best era of women's tennis and I'm really not talking about the standard of play if you get what I mean.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Actually there is a golf thread - http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...light=pga+golf

Comment

Golf is mad hard but is for sure a beautiful sport and is fun to play.
            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
            Coples is that dude.
            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
              Golf is mad hard but is for sure a beautiful sport and is fun to play.
              Your mom is mad hard (:O)but is for sure a beautiful sport and is fun to play.

Comment

few golf updates:
                1. Johnson pulls out of Sony for personal reasons
                2. Byrd needs playoff to win at Kapalua Video | Sobel
                3. Oosthuizen wins Africa Open in playoff | Scores
                4. Europe dominates singles to claim Royal Trophy
                5. Gulbis confirms that she's dating Dustin Johnson

Comment

Good effort from Federer today, but again he loses to Nadal.

Federer could have won this match today, but he choked the 1st set, when he was leading 5-2 and a point away from wrapping up the set and taking a 1-0 lead.
                  He had 2 break points on Nadal in that game, and the 2nd one he played a too-cute drop shot that was a centimeter wide. He didn't need to go for the line on that shot. The point was his even if Nadal had gotten to it. Then Federer got broken serving for the set at 5-3. That can't happen. Serve good, get the 1st serves in.

Then Federer lost in the tiebreaker in the 2nd set when he got behind early because he hit FOUR forehands into the net, totally unforced errors.

He didn't serve big at the big moments like he did vs Djokovic.

That was the difference. This match should have gone 5 sets, and perhaps Federer should have won in 4 sets. But he is mentally psyched-out by Nadal.

Comment

yeah, Fed sure **** the bed in the first set. The match was over as soon as he let Nadal back into it.

Fed is psyched out by Nadal on clay, that's for sure!
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

It was a glorious Sunday for me watching King Rafa further cement his legacy. I have nothing but love for a fellow Madridista & can't wait til the all England club!! And I called before the match Rafa in 4 sets because the Fed is just too damn good to sweep often & I felt great calling that comeback down 5-2. Came out looking like a genius.
                      Last edited by JRTPlaya21; 06-05-2011, 10:52 PM.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Tiger is out for the US Open next week.
                        That kills the ratings for NBC, but now they might talk about the real golfers more... the guys who have won something in the past 2 years. Maybe.

I like Geoff Ogilvy next week to win.
                        Watch out for Hunter Mahan, world #1 Luke Donald, and YE Yang!

Comment

my pick for the US Open is Nick Watney...he came close to finally winning a big event last month at Sawgrass and his game has all the necessary tools to get it done at an Open venue

Aaron Baddeley has been playing some solid golf too, prolly go with him as a bit of a "sleeper"
                          Last edited by princefielder28; 06-08-2011, 03:33 PM.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

What physical traits are needed to be a good golfer? Like, what sets Tiger or Rory apart from the other golfers? I keep thinking about it but all I can come up with is whoever has the best form and has good concentration.

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                              What physical traits are needed to be a good golfer? Like, what sets Tiger or Rory apart from the other golfers? I keep thinking about it but all I can come up with is whoever has the best form and has good concentration.
                              Well, yeah, pretty much. Tiger had a sick putting game in his prime, and he could outdrive most golfers.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information