No announcement yet.

Jake "The Snake" Plummer is a Legend

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake "The Snake" Plummer is a Legend

Ex-NFL QB Jake Plummer is Playing a New Sport These Days

It's an early November day and Jake Plummer has the itch to play again.
    No, he's not pulling a Brett Favre. Plummer is on his way to play handball in Sandpoint, Idaho, the resort town of 7,000 people near the Canadian border where Plummer now lives three years after his abrupt retirement.

coolest guy ever?
    Last edited by TimD; 11-04-2010, 12:25 PM.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

From the main index page, I thought this was going to be a thread saying that Jake Roberts had died.

Massive sigh of relief.

If I had been an NFL player I probably would have done it just like Jake. Hey, he's got millions upon millions of dollars and a desire to live the rest of his life doing whatever the hell he wants, while in great health. Go Jake go.

Someone remind me of the details of his retirement. I know he was playing in Denver and there were issues. They drafted Cutler. Did they trade Plummer? I remember it was a big dramatic thing at the time.

Jon Gruden and his massive hard-on for QBs traded for Plummer's rights.. After he had retired.

Jake was always one of my favorite players. I'm glad he went out on his own terms.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

I live like 30 mins away from Sandpoint. When i was coaching at the local high school this fall I coached against him, hes also the QB's coach at Sandpoint High.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                Good thing he didn't have the itch to show his **** either.

Cool dude though. I always respect someone who goes out on their own terms and he never "left" the game completely either. Usually you hear about people who just retire like that have some type of breakdown.
                Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                  Jon Gruden and his massive hard-on for QBs traded for Plummer's rights.. After he had retired.
                  Haha quality move. It actually netted the Bucs a lot of money because he had to pay back the organisation part of the signing bonus the Broncos paid him. Shrew business by Bruce Allen.

Debug Information