2011 NBA Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Gilbert Arenas, Russell Westbrook, Shawn Marion now....
    You are forgetting Jeff Teague.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
    Originally posted by fenikz
    we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
      I know people won't like this, but... lol Gilbert Arenas. He's exactly what I think of when I think of a zero. His teams have always been better without him.

Westbrook and Marion might be the best players to ever wear a single 0. And that should say something, because most numbers have great players to have worn it.
      Love how people relate the present to equate a player's past and future.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        You need Darko, or somebody, in there to play defense.

I agree on the whole, however, that the scheme fits will work themselves out if we install the proper offense and Rubio can be an effective distributor.

I like the Kings comparison, but whereas the Kings had an outside game with Stojakovic, the Wolves have an awful outside game. The best long distance shooters are probably Love and Williams. I think the Wolves need to be more like the Suns under D'Antonio. It's not a recipe to ever win a championship, and this team will always have awful defense as it's constructed now, but there is enough athletic talent to outpace other teams (again, if Rubio is worth anything).

Kahn was smart to blow the entire thing up and start from scratch. I don't have much faith in him to be able to turn it around, but you can at least see how the pieces are coming together if you squint hard enough.

Not every team is, or should be, constructed the same way. This team was an awful fit for the triangle, and I think Rambis was actually the worst move Kahn has made so far.
        Shooting is actually one of the Timberwolves strengths. Even a lot of their big men can shoot the 3. Look at the 3P% last year:

Martell Webster: 41.7%
        Kevin Love: 41.7%
        Michael Beasley: 36.6%
        Derrick Williams: 56.7% (from college, take with boulder of salt)
        Wayne Ellington: 39.7%
        Luke Ridnour: 44.0%
        Anthony Tolliver: 40.9%
        Wes Johnson: 35.6%
        Brad Miller: 37.4%

That's 9 players with at least 35% from 3-point land, their shooting is fine.

Comment

• The T'Wolves aren't close to what the Kings were back in their day. Webber was a top 5 player IMO while he was in his prime and the T'Wolves don't have anything close to that.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            The T'Wolves aren't close to what the Kings were back in their day. Webber was a top 5 player IMO while he was in his prime and the T'Wolves don't have anything close to that.
            Also don't like the Divac Love comparison someone made earlier.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
            Originally posted by TitanHope
            R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
            He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• I absolutely loved those Kings teams during that stretch, really wish they had won at least 1 ring. Super talented, and they all complimented eachother really well. Having big men like Vlade & Webber who could pass like PG's, along with a roster full of shooters makes for 1 hard team to stop.

Most people forget Peja was a pretty dominant player at that time. 25 point scorer, 3rd in MVP voting 1 year I believe, and always 1 of the best 3 point shooters in the league.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                Also don't like the Divac Love comparison someone made earlier.
                Why not???

Of course they're not as good...they're a ****** team. They have pieces that could fit into and develop well in an Adelman system, though.

Comment

• This whole Kings & T-Wolves comparison made me think of this:

Comment

• ROFL. The sarcastic "Good luck." at the end...

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information