No announcement yet.

2011 NBA Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perry Jones stands out to me for this year. 6'11 230lbs SF. Him, Tyreke and Cousins? That would be crazy

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Harrison won't declare! You heard it here first!
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

I still stick by my Rashard Lewis comparison until he develops more post moves. Of course he's more athletic though which gives several advantages.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
          Harrison won't declare! You heard it here first!
          And neither was Ed Davis.

Comment

...or Mike Conley, Greg Oden and any other player that said they were staying or wanted to graduate.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I saw video of it though!!!!!! na but seriously I feel that he won't unless the season stops after next year or something crazy.

He talks like our president.
              Coples is that dude.

Comment

I'm bound to do a homer corner post at some point about all of the potential Villanova draftees now and down the road, but in the meantime I will say that people talk about Maalik Wayns and Mouph Yarou, but I think our best NBA prospect may be Dominic Cheek. Somehow he's the forgotten guy, but he's got everything you look for in an NBA wing IMO, he's got a chance to be a great player in the league. Maybe not a go-to guy, but a player who knows his role and does a great job of it. Wes Johnson-esque, only as a smaller guy, but plenty of size to play the wing in the league.

As far as this class goes Perry Jones has ridiculous upside, Barnes should be a really solid player, and Irving is my favorite PG. Sullinger I like a lot but he's going to get pushed down to his perceived (perhaps correctly) lack of upside. He'll be a hell of a college player though. My favorite "sleeper" in this freshman class (mentioned him in the NBA thread) is CJ Leslie...ridiculous athlete and enough skills to possibly transition to the 3 long-term, though he's probably best served bulking up and being a stretch 4. He's going to have the opportunity to play a lot in a solid conference, so his development will be interesting to watch. Don't think he's a one and done though.

Comment

Love Cheek's potential especially defensively, not sure about the Wes Johnson comparison though because Johnson had the silkiest jumper in college last year. I see Cheek's offense coming more in a scrapper type role.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                    Love Cheek's potential especially defensively, not sure about the Wes Johnson comparison though because Johnson had the silkiest jumper in college last year. I see Cheek's offense coming more in a scrapper type role.
                    He and Johnson are completely different players, didn't mean the comparison that way. I just meant starting caliber wing, good defense, spot up for threes, get some garbage buckets. Not a first option, but a do-everything role player who can be an important part of a good team. They can fill similar roles, but definitely very different players. Not sure about an actual comparison for Cheek since he's got legit size for a 2 and rebounds and defends so well along with the ability to knock down the 3, we haven't seen a similar off guard come out in a little while. I'll think about it, but more just saying I really like him as a prospect. If he works on his game he's a do everything 2 guard prospect. Would love to see him next to Rose someday.

Now that I think about it, the closest I can think of is a slightly less athletic and bulky Pietrus but a better ball handler.
                    Last edited by derza222; 11-16-2010, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I want the Bulls to target a guy like Buford, but if he's not available, im hoping for a backup PG like Kemba Walker.
                      Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                      Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Draymond Green is an interesting player to watch. He's a well rounded player, albeit undersized for a PF at 6'6". But he can shoot it, post up and he's silky smooth with the basketball.

He has a chance to be a good rotation big in the NBA. Love his game. Plus he's a leader with top notch intangibles.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Idk if it's just me, but Sullinger looks like a ******* fatass.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I voted Irving, but I could see Sullinger.

As a Rockets fan, I wouldn't mind 2/3 Jordan Hamilton or Kyle Singler....or then again maybe the best big man available for them.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              Draymond Green is an interesting player to watch. He's a well rounded player, albeit undersized for a PF at 6'6". But he can shoot it, post up and he's silky smooth with the basketball.

He has a chance to be a good rotation big in the NBA. Love his game. Plus he's a leader with top notch intangibles.
                              I think his style of play is comparible to Big Baby for Boston yet I like Green better as a talent and his bball IQ.
                              Coples is that dude.

Comment

Reminds me of an undersized Greg Monroe. Maybe he gets a second round flyer.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information