Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 NBA Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What are Herb Pope's chances of being drafted? I know he's a problem child, but the kid has legit talent.

    Comment


    • People always doubt euro players. When a euro player turns into Darko Milicic they say "see, I told you so!", when a euro player turns into Pau Gasol, they just ignore that there are any good euro players.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
        Teams are just amazed by Vesely's length and athleticism, if he were an American player he wouldnt' have this hype. The fact is that he has an underdeveloped post game, isn't overly skilled on the perimeter for a Euro, and needs to gain weight. I don't see how he's any different from a Hakeem Warrick. I'll take Donatas over him any day. Donatas not only is taller but he has a sleak perimter game/handle, and already has more develop post moves. I honestly can't see how Vesely is a better prospect than Yi. Yi was taller, stronger, and more skilled and we have seen how mediocre he has been in the NBA.
        Yeah he has flaws just, but so does every other prospect, but you have to focus on the strengths sometimes too. He could play three positions in the NBA. Warrick isn't really a good comparison since Vesely can shoot better, and plays harder. It's hard to compare NBA players to international players though. And Vesely and Yi are 2 different players, so I don't see why he would be brought up. Being taller, and stronger than another player doesn't make them better. Yi plays way too soft, and was over-hyped for being 7-feet and Chinese.

        And it's not true that if he was an American he wouldn't have all this hype. Scouts know what they're looking at when they watch his game. Basketball is basketball.
        Last edited by Docta; 04-12-2011, 10:04 PM.

        Comment


        • Shelvin Mack & Chris Singleton are both going pro. Mack is not hiring an agent though. Terrence Jennings will test the water as well.
          Last edited by JRTPlaya21; 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM.

          #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
          2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
          2015 2K Classic Champions


          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

          Comment


          • Derrick Williams is going pro and hiring an agent. This is some great news finally. Selby has officially declared & Klay Thompson is leaning towards coming out.
            Last edited by JRTPlaya21; 04-14-2011, 04:51 PM.

            #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
            2015 2K Classic Champions


            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

            Comment


            • Okay Im not sure who will be coming out. But so far here is two cents for the Bulls.

              1: I was wrong earlier in the season, Watson has done an admirable job backing up Rose. I'm happy to have him.

              2: Any position could still use a player but backup SF is a place that doesnt have anyone that Thibs trusts to play D. This is evidenced by Deng playing 39 minutes a game.

              3: Big Sexy is awesome, but im unsure if he will return next year. Plus Boozer isn't getting any younger so a Big with some post moves is always a plus.

              4: As everyone knows SG is a position of weakness. Sadly there isnt a player in the bottom half of the draft I would look at as a starter caliber player there. Regardless, maybe someone with heavy potential declares or there could be a guy that the Bulls really like there.

              I dont have an ideal mock for the Bulls, but here are a couple pick ups who could be sent down to the D-League to get minutes next year.

              28: Jordan Williams PF/C: Im not sure if he will be here, and personally I doubt it. But I visited two other sites that when I averaged his draft position out it was in this range. He would give us another big body who can score and rebound.

              30:Travis Leslie SG/SF: I dunno about him. He has freak athleticism and has a high motor. He is more of a project, but at 30 and with players already in place I feel that taking a chance on what appears to be a player with a high motor and ability to make those game changing motivational dunks and blocks is worth it.

              2nd rounder: Demetri McCamey PG: I know, I know, I said it was unnecessary to grab a PG. But in the Mid-late second DMac has the tools to be a solid backup PG.

              Some others to chew on: Tyler Honeycutt SF, Marshon Brooks SG, Justin Harper PF: He reminds me of Ryan Anderson and I think having someone like him on your team would be a huge asset., Jeremy Tyler PF, Chris Singleton SF/PF.
              Bears fan

              Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin


              In Tyler We Trust

              Welcome to Project Mayhem

              This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
              Jimmy Buckets <3

              Comment


              • Josh Selby is a moron.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                  Okay Im not sure who will be coming out. But so far here is two cents for the Bulls.

                  1: I was wrong earlier in the season, Watson has done an admirable job backing up Rose. I'm happy to have him.

                  2: Any position could still use a player but backup SF is a place that doesnt have anyone that Thibs trusts to play D. This is evidenced by Deng playing 39 minutes a game.

                  3: Big Sexy is awesome, but im unsure if he will return next year. Plus Boozer isn't getting any younger so a Big with some post moves is always a plus.

                  4: As everyone knows SG is a position of weakness. Sadly there isnt a player in the bottom half of the draft I would look at as a starter caliber player there. Regardless, maybe someone with heavy potential declares or there could be a guy that the Bulls really like there.

                  I dont have an ideal mock for the Bulls, but here are a couple pick ups who could be sent down to the D-League to get minutes next year.

                  28: Jordan Williams PF/C: Im not sure if he will be here, and personally I doubt it. But I visited two other sites that when I averaged his draft position out it was in this range. He would give us another big body who can score and rebound.

                  30:Travis Leslie SG/SF: I dunno about him. He has freak athleticism and has a high motor. He is more of a project, but at 30 and with players already in place I feel that taking a chance on what appears to be a player with a high motor and ability to make those game changing motivational dunks and blocks is worth it.

                  2nd rounder: Demetri McCamey PG: I know, I know, I said it was unnecessary to grab a PG. But in the Mid-late second DMac has the tools to be a solid backup PG.

                  Some others to chew on: Tyler Honeycutt SF, Marshon Brooks SG, Justin Harper PF: He reminds me of Ryan Anderson and I think having someone like him on your team would be a huge asset., Jeremy Tyler PF, Chris Singleton SF/PF.
                  Singleton I think would be an excellent pick for the Bulls. Defensively he can guard the 3 or 4 very well, he would be the perfect backup for Deng. Just don't ever have him in there with Deng at the same time though as Singleton will never be an even decent scorer in the NBA IMO. Harper is the guy I've been mocking to you in the first for a while now even pre tournament. With guys like Noah, Boozer, and Gibson you could definitely benefit from than stretch 4 who can clear the lane out for Rose and run the pick and roll with. Not quite sure where Jordan Williams fits in with you. Obviously you want as many big bodies as you can in the NBA but I don't see there being a big role for him in Chicago in the short or long term. His strengths are his size, rebounding, and interior toughness, you already have guys with that in Noah, Boozer, Gibson, and Asik. Norris Cole and Shelvin Mack are two guys who could be targeted as well as they are nice backups to Rose and can play off ball as well. I do like what Watson has done though.

                  Sig By:The Dynasty

                  2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    Josh Selby is a moron.
                    Probably the wrong decision, but he will go in the 1st round.

                    Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

                    Comment


                    • Kawhi Leonard is going pro & will hire an agent. I think I could live with Harper to the Bulls :) More Richmond kids in the league please.

                      #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                      2015 2K Classic Champions


                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
                        Probably the wrong decision, but he will go in the 1st round.

                        He's a borderline first rounder at this point.

                        Comment


                        • Yo he will most likely be selected in the first.. this year blows to me.

                          He has some potential but hearing stories of him when he was at JC.. he has some growing up to do.
                          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                          Coples is that dude.
                          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                          Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                            Yo he will most likely be selected in the first.. this year blows to me.

                            He has some potential but hearing stories of him when he was at JC.. he has some growing up to do.

                            This year may blow but he did absolutely nothing to show he's ready to play in the NBA, struggled to even find the court at times. Would have been better served to come back next year with a bigger role.

                            A bunch of guys are saying that he may not be a first rounder right now.
                            Last edited by yo123; 04-14-2011, 09:11 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                              This year may blow but he did absolutely nothing to show he's ready to play in the NBA, struggled to even find the court at times. Would have been better served to come back next year with a bigger role.

                              A bunch of guys are saying that he may not be a first rounder right now.
                              Can't the same be said of Marvin Williams in 2005? Same situation, althought I heard that Marvin was a tremendous kid off the court. Williams would have been better served going back to UNC for the 2005-2006 season.

                              Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

                              Comment


                              • That's the same comparison that first came to mind for me, but at least Marvin was the 6th man on that team, and UNC was way more loaded than Kansas was this year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information