No announcement yet.

2011 NBA Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch a lot of Spanish basketball do you?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Terrence Jones, Ashton Gibbs, Reggie Johnson, Tu Holloway, Kim English & Laurence Bowers will withdraw. Scotty Hopson, Shelvin Mack & Darius Morris are staying in.
      Last edited by JRTPlaya21; 05-08-2011, 04:39 PM.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Jones should have stayed in.. especially since Knight did. The class is weak enough for him to be maybe a lotto pick but def a first rounder.. in other news why Gibbs even declare in the first place?
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Hope Scotty Hopson enjoys Europe.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I think Hopson can play in the NBA, just needs some discipline. Closest player that comes to mind is Wilson Chandler..
            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
            Coples is that dude.
            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Jones loses Knight, but gets Teague in return. Teague will be a better point guard, but Knight was the better scorer. I actually think UK will be the best team next season, with all the upcoming recruits, plus Jones, Lamb, Liggins, and Miller as the veterans.

Hopson is smaller than Chandler, and is a much better shooter. Hopson has a guard's mentality, while Chandler has a forward's.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Watch a lot of Spanish basketball do you?
                I was wondering this. How many minutes does he even play? Don't Euro teams bury their younger players on the bench, especially if they know they're taking off for the NBA?

Comment

• He started and played 23 minutes a game. And regarding the "I don't see him play" argument. It's a somewhat valid one, but when plenty of people that do see a lot of him are all saying the same thing and the numbers back it up it's hard to ignore.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Watch a lot of Spanish basketball do you?
                    No, I just have a weird hatred for European players. I don't trust them. As far as Rubio, I just think he's going to get abused by more athletic point guards on both sides of the floor. I'm just not impressed by his highlights (it actually looks like he travels quite a bit).

And he's already a little ***** about what team he's going to play for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docta View Post
                      Jones loses Knight, but gets Teague in return. Teague will be a better point guard, but Knight was the better scorer. I actually think UK will be the best team next season, with all the upcoming recruits, plus Jones, Lamb, Liggins, and Miller as the veterans.

Hopson is smaller than Chandler, and is a much better shooter. Hopson has a guard's mentality, while Chandler has a forward's.
                      Looks like Liggins is staying in the draft then. They'll still have a shot if Davis can break out.

In other news, John Shurna and Kevin Jones have decided to opt out of the draft. Carleton Scott has decided to stay in the draft.
                      Last edited by Docta; 05-08-2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Cory Joseph, Isaiah Thomas, DeAndre Liggins & Klay Thompson are staying in. Ralph Sampson III & Hollis Thompson are withdrawing.
                        Last edited by JRTPlaya21; 05-10-2011, 01:01 AM.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                        2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                        2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• I think it's a bad decision for Liggins to go, he likely will never play a game in the NBA and would have been a nice veteran presence for Kentucky.

BTW I posted this somwhere else but I listed my biggest mistakes on hyping certain prospects:

Steve Logan: Iím not ashamed to admit it, I compared him to Tim Hardaway coming out, lol. Still though I donít know anyone who didnít like Logan. He was an absolute monster at Cinci. Big time scorer with what I thought were good enough PG skills. Never thought heíd bust like this. He had an uncanny resemblance to DMX lol.

Rod Grizzard: ok yeah I liked him partly because of his name haha, but yeah I was a huge fan of him at Arkansas. I would have expected him to have a Gerald Wallace type career. He was athletic, a good defender and scorer. His game was just too raw for the NBA.

Kenny Satterfield: Yeah I kind of had a feeling he wouldnít make it into the league as heís one of those guys who can be dynamite in college but didnít have an NBA game. His game was too much about flash, still though I had hopes heíd be a Jamal Crawford type.

Julius Page: Loved both him and Brandin Knight on those Pitt teams. Page just had that beautiful lefty game, silky smooth with good athleticism, a very good defender. He was simply undersized for the NBA and needed to develop more with his right hand. He and Salim Stoudemire are two leftyís I am sad didnít make it in the league.

Freddy Jones: Sure he was undersized but at Oregon he was a terrific shooter, built like a running back and was super athletic. I thought the dunk contest was going to propel his career and he did have some solid seasons with the Pacers but he never developed into what I thought heíd be. I guess that whole Oregon team has been a bust in the NBA especially with Luke Jackson. Ridnour has had a solid career but still not stars from that team that I thought would produce NBA stars.

Reece Gaines: He had nice size, was strong, could shoot and pass. I remember hearing a Jim Jackson comparison back in the day and that seemed like a good one. I remember when he was traded to Houston in the T-Mac deal I thought heíd be a stud for Houston, he then just kind of disappeared, have no idea where he is today.

Sergei Monya: I remember when the Blazers drafted both he and Khryapa I thought they were going to be good NBA contributors. Monya had prototype SF size, could shoot and seemed a lot tougher and stronger than most Euro wings. Unfortunately for the Blazers neither Euroís worked out, keep in mind this was during the time when every pro team was looking for the next Dirk or Manu and ended up reaching on guys they knew little about. I remember teams drafting Euroís simply off workouts, and most of these guys because of their skill level look great in workouts. Iím glad NBA teams do more diligence in scouting Euroís nowadays and donít just trust grainy 50ís looking footage.

David Harrison: I remember when the Pacers drafted him at the end of the first I thought it was an absolute steal. Itís hard to find big bodied bigs like that nowadays. He was surprisingly athletic and a good shot blocker. I thought at worst heíd be a Jason Collins type. Things never worked out for him though and while he stuck around in the league for a while he never really did anything. I guess his work ethic and skill level were not at an NBA level. I see a similar fate for Daniel Orton. Next pick was Anderson Varejao, Iím sure the Pacers wish they could go back in time.

Ike Diogu: Ok I bought the Elton Brand comparisons. He was a beast at Arizona state, high skill level and strength, freakish wing span. I know heís still in the league and has had flashes throughout his career but I expected him to be much more than a bottom feeder role player. Not what youíd expect in the #9 pick in the draft.

Cedric Simmons: Basically what JJ Hickson is today, thatís what I thought Simmons would be. Simmons failure in the NBA actually probably affected Hicksonís draft stock coming from the same school. Simmons had a great Sophomore campaign. He had good size and an incredible combination of athleticism and length. Unfortunately his skill set never developed, Hornets really screwed the pooch on that one drafting two underdeveloped offense players in the lottery in him and Armstrong. Many pegged them a future twin towers. A bit optimistic but I donít think anyone predicted both he and Armstrong to have such little impact in the NBA.

Mardy Collins: Iím a honest man and I wonít lie, I was so high on Collins it was borderline crazy. I actually had him ranked above Brandon Roy. I just loved his game at Temple. He was 6-6Ē could play point guard and was a great defender. I really thought he would be a huge time NBA player with his size and skill set. Unfortunately Collins most memorable NBA moment was the fight with Carmelo Anthony. I guess he is the case of one of those guys who is good at everything and great at nothing. In the NBA having one specialty usually outweighs being just average across the board at everything.

Danilo ďJRĒ Pinnock: I was a huge fan of that GW team with him, Pops Mensah Bonsu and Mike Hall. I thought Pinnockís game translated completely to the NBA. He was a run and jump athlete who could stroke the three. I remember comparing him to a poor manís Jason Richardson. Unfortunately his skill set didnít translate to the NBA as I thought it would because his jump shot was not consistent enough and he didnít give enough effort on the defensive end.

Derrick Byars: I had Byars mocked as a mid first rounder the entire draft process and he ended up going in the 2nd. I loved his game at Vandy, he had nice size, could score, defend, and had good overall skills. Unfortunately he hasnít stuck.

Morris Almond: I donít know what the deal was with him. He was my biggest draft steal. He had a sweet stroke and was overall a dynamite scorer. He had an NBA build. Heís sort of a D-league legend but why he couldnít make it in the league Iím not sure. I guess defensive effort is a big part of that.

Stephane Lasme: Thought he would carve out a role in the NBA. Kind of like what Udonis Haslem is. Lasme was athletic and long, a hard worker and a good kid. Wish he would have found a role in the NBA. He was vastly undersized however.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• I was also high on Byars. Had the size, and was a great leader at Vandy. Just didn't have the desire to get better that most players have. Looks like he's playing in Germany now, so there's still a slim chance he could come back.

Comment

• I missed on Byars as well. Probably not an explosive enough athlete in hindsight though.Given the list I assume we're talking about guys we thought were underrated, if so I missed on Nick Calathes, Sean Williams, Kyle Weaver, Maurice Ager, and Salim Stoudamire.

Comment

• Kyle Weaver, Lester Hudson, Aubrey Coleman there always seems to be a super productive under the radar guy everyone thinks will be a stud but doesn't pan out. Charles Jenkins is that guy this year, although Gary Neal could be classified as that and he looks to have a bright career.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information