2011 NBA Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    What do you guys think of Derrick Williams at the 3 on the Wolves? I'm really warming to the idea of trading Beasley.
    What's Beast's cap # look like?

I do like the idea of Williams with Love. Still can't **** believe neither Flynn or Rubio have contributed anything + for the Wolves at PG in 2 years since that Draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
      What's Beast's cap # look like?

I do like the idea of Williams with Love. Still can't **** believe neither Flynn or Rubio have contributed anything + for the Wolves at PG in 2 years since that Draft.
      Best part is the 3rd PG they drafted but traded Ty Lawson is 10x the player of Rubio and Flynn combined. Funniest part is the Wolves drafted Rubio and Flynn back to back at picks 5+6. In draft order the next PG's taken after those two: Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, Eric Maynor, Darren Collison, Roddy Beaubois, Toney Douglass. So in a draft so full of points, the Wolves spent 2 top 6 picks on PG's and came out with none.
      Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 05-19-2011, 10:10 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
        Damn, he is the kind of scorer who I think we be legit in the NBA. He put up huge numbers in the Big East on the 14th place team, with no help, and everyone keyed on him. Yet he still averaged 26.6 ppg in Big East play, and led the team in rebounding.

I want this kid on the Bulls, give up #28 and #30 if we have to move up into the teens to get him.
        He wouldn't be scoring that much on a playoff contending team like the Bulls though. A shooter would definitely help. He'll go higher then 28th anyway.

@yo123: Jonas is actually much better than Donatas, and is probably the best big man in the draft. (Unless you got the two mixed up, which I have done before.)

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
          Best part is the 3rd PG they drafted but traded Ty Lawson is 10x the player of Rubio and Flynn combined. Funniest part is the Wolves drafted Rubio and Flynn back to back at picks 5+6. In draft order the next PG's taken after those two: Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, Eric Maynor, Darren Collison, Roddy Beaubois, Toney Douglass. So in a draft so full of points, the Wolves spent 2 top 6 picks on PG's and came out with none.
          Ouch!!!!!!
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Docta View Post
            He wouldn't be scoring that much on a playoff contending team like the Bulls though. A shooter would definitely help. He'll go higher then 28th anyway.

@yo123: Jonas is actually much better than Donatas, and is probably the best big man in the draft. (Unless you got the two mixed up, which I have done before.)
            I do always confuse them, but I'm almost positive that while Jonas is thought of higher by most I like Donatas more. I think....

Comment

• Jonas if he fills into his body will be a very skilled post player. Donatas is way more versatile and skilled but he also has potential to be Yi soft. More than likely though he turns out like Bargnani.

Comment

• lol Travis Leslie this is how you fail a pre draft interview, this is worst that Ryan Mallett:

There's nothing better than trashing a current NBA player then saying you don't work out .

Comment

• Does a trade like this work for the Timberwolves? I know we got some fans here for them.

Michael Beasley for Jameer Nelson?

Makes it easier for them to draft Derrick Williams at #2. ...and even if Rubio comes over, at least Nelson would cushion his transition. Those are 2 things that come to mind. Not sure if others would agree or have other thoughts.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3psvkl6

Comment

• Assuming the Cavs don't trade their picks...Why not go #1 Williams and #4 Knight (or Walker) to get your PG?

Instead of #1 Irving (no elite upside), #4 Kanter/Wildcard.

I'd rather have the guard/forward combo of Williams/Knight then Irving/Whoever

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
                      Assuming the Cavs don't trade their picks...Why not go #1 Williams and #4 Knight (or Walker) to get your PG?

Instead of #1 Irving (no elite upside), #4 Kanter/Wildcard.

I'd rather have the guard/forward combo of Williams/Knight then Irving/Whoever
                      I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

However, I think youre wrong as far as what youre saying about Irving. This guy will be a stud.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• I think Irving has Chris Paul type potential. That's the comparison everyone's been throwing out there. Williams is good, but he has more questions than Irving being a 'tweener who might just be somewhere between Michael Beasley and David West as a pro. Plus it's better to solve the PG problem by taking Irving than it is taking someone like Knight or Walker with big questions about whether they can be the real deal at PG at the next level. Walker seems like a Ben Gordon type tops, and Knight's PG skills are really raw even though he is a good shooter and is very fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Does a trade like this work for the Timberwolves? I know we got some fans here for them.

Makes it easier for them to draft Derrick Williams at #2. ...and even if Rubio comes over, at least Nelson would cushion his transition. Those are 2 things that come to mind. Not sure if others would agree or have other thoughts.

Bump. C'mon... Any opinion...? :)

Comment

• sweet NBA mock......

love that celtics pick. hes the guy I am holding out hope for... but he might resemble jeff green too much as a big body who can extend out to the perimeter....

I wouldn't be shocked to see Marshon Brooks with our pick either, we need offense coming off the bench at the 2 and he sure as **** provides that

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Does a trade like this work for the Timberwolves? I know we got some fans here for them.

Why would they trade for Jammer Nelson? he wouldn't do anything for them that Johnny Flynn already does.

Comment

Bump. C'mon... Any opinion...? :)
                                I think that trade would be a nice addition for the Wolves and at least give them some stability at the point guard position. I've been thinking more today about their selection at #2 and I think Enes Kanter will be their pick come draft day. With the uncertainty of Williams' fit in the NBA, which I think will probably come as a 4, the Wolves will look to add a long term frontcourt mate with Kevin Love. And say they managed to somehow add a player like Jameer...

PG - J. Nelson
                                SG - W. Johnson
                                SF - M. Webster / A. Randolph
                                PF - K. Love
                                C - E. Kanter

Even if Nelson or another PG is not a part of their picture next year, having stability with their two bigs and a perimeter threat to build around would put this team in a much better position moving forward than they have been recently.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information