Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 NBA Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It actually makes sense as the Twolves are likely thinking hard on Kanter, Vesely, and Biyombo so they might as well drop down a couple spots. Just by moving down two spots they could likely get Cleveland's first rounder next year or maybe even although it's highly unlikely JJ Hickson. Regardless Cleveland is the best trading partner for the Wolves. With Utah likely going Walker or Knight with an outside chance of Vesely, the 4 spot is where the Wolves could have their choice. Dropping down to Washington's 6th pick or even later could have them miss out on who they are truly targeting. Most think it's Kanter or maybe even Jonas, but I think the Wolves are targeting either Biyombo or Kemba.

    Sig By:The Dynasty

    2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

    Comment


    • I suggested that awhile ago. I would love to move down to 4.

      Bonekrusher.

      Originally posted by JordanTaber
      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

      Comment


      • Reported deal had the Pistons giving up the #8 pick and Rip Hamilton to the Cavs, who would then deal #8 and #4 to the Wolves for #2. Sounds great for the Cavs and Wolves to me, but do the Pistons really want to get rid of Rip Hamilton that badly?

        Comment


        • Yes.

          http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...sume-that-debt
          Last edited by bearsfan_51; 05-28-2011, 04:18 PM.


          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
            Reported deal had the Pistons giving up the #8 pick and Rip Hamilton to the Cavs, who would then deal #8 and #4 to the Wolves for #2. Sounds great for the Cavs and Wolves to me, but do the Pistons really want to get rid of Rip Hamilton that badly?
            Would Free up some Cap space for them to go after a Big FA and the Cavs would buy out Rip Hamilton Contract and make him a FA.


            RIP themaninblack

            Comment


            • But Cleveland can't even take on his contract? They already have 55 mil on the books and that's not counting that with the new CBA the cap number is going to drop from 58 million. Financially they can't take on RIP's 12 mil without sending back a player who makes at least 6 or 7 mil a year, at that point it wouldn't be worth it for Detroit. Washington seems like the biggest possibility. They have only 40 mil on the books even with Rashard Lewis. Ted Leonsis has shown he will build the team through the draft and is willing to take on a contract, made the exact same move last year, traded the rights of Vladamir Veremeenko a guy who will never play in the league, for the #17 pick(Kevin Seraphin)+ Kirk Hinrich. Bulls were looking to unload Hinrich to be free agent players(landed Boozer lulz). Doesn't hurt too that the Wizards fan base still loves RIP and he could mentor some players. The Wizards would then have picks 6,8,18,34. They could definitely then move up for Kanter and land a SF.

              Sig By:The Dynasty

              2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                But Cleveland can't even take on his contract? They already have 55 mil on the books and that's not counting that with the new CBA the cap number is going to drop from 58 million. Financially they can't take on RIP's 12 mil without sending back a player who makes at least 6 or 7 mil a year, at that point it wouldn't be worth it for Detroit. Washington seems like the biggest possibility. They have only 40 mil on the books even with Rashard Lewis. Ted Leonsis has shown he will build the team through the draft and is willing to take on a contract, made the exact same move last year, traded the rights of Vladamir Veremeenko a guy who will never play in the league, for the #17 pick(Kevin Seraphin)+ Kirk Hinrich. Bulls were looking to unload Hinrich to be free agent players(landed Boozer lulz). Doesn't hurt too that the Wizards fan base still loves RIP and he could mentor some players. The Wizards would then have picks 6,8,18,34. They could definitely then move up for Kanter and land a SF.
                Cle would use the Lebron Exception to take on Rip's contract just to buy him out. So they can get Irving and Williams.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                  Cle would use the Lebron Exception to take on Rip's contract just to buy him out. So they can get Irving and Williams.
                  Yes but you still have to pay him his 12 million to be released, Cleveland as a city and NBA franchise are in the same boat financially as Detroit, I simply can't see them handing out 12 million just to land Derrick Williams, when they could move up from 4 to 2 without having to trade for RIP.

                  Sig By:The Dynasty

                  2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                    Yes but you still have to pay him his 12 million to be released, Cleveland as a city and NBA franchise are in the same boat financially as Detroit, I simply can't see them handing out 12 million just to land Derrick Williams, when they could move up from 4 to 2 without having to trade for RIP.
                    Well they wanted to trade and buy out Rip during the deadline. So I don't see why they wouldn't want to do it now if they can find a way to get the two players they like as well in the deal.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                      Cleveland as an NBA franchise are in the same boat financially as Detroit
                      No they aren't.


                      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                      Comment


                      • That trade is basically the same thing we proposed to Cleveland at the trade deadline. Rip didn't want to go to Cleveland and didn't want to be bought out, and the trade didn't go down.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                          Yes but you still have to pay him his 12 million to be released, Cleveland as a city and NBA franchise are in the same boat financially as Detroit, I simply can't see them handing out 12 million just to land Derrick Williams, when they could move up from 4 to 2 without having to trade for RIP.
                          Cleveland has Dan Gilbert as an owner. I don't think money is much of an issue for them.

                          Comment


                          • Irving and Williams would be bitchin. Quite a start to a new foundation that would be.

                            Comment


                            • Looks like the Wolves have secured a deal to have Rubio play for them next year. Kahn finally makes a good decision.

                              Comment


                              • Williams insistance on being a SF bothers me, he's never played SF before, he's an athletic PF with ability to float on the perimieter, he does not have the foot speed to guard SF's, I think he's being dumb right now.

                                Sig By:The Dynasty

                                2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information