ESPN 30:for:30 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
    Ive only seen a few of them. I liked the one about the Knicks and the Pacers but the OJ Simpson one where they showed live footage from the day with the World Cup Opening Ceremony, NBA Finals that year was very good
    Yeah I watched those 2.
    Reggie Miller was an ASSASSIN on the Knicks, and Spike Lee! Great theater that was.

And watching those OJ things.... hard to believe OJ didn't serve a day for those crimes, but yet he's now in jail for much lesser things.
    Strange justice.

Comment

Once Brothers was really good. I didn't get the chance to see Drazen Petrovic
      play, but it was a real well done story.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Once Brothers was my fav w/o a doubt

Comment

Yup the Drazen and Vlade episode is one of the better things I've seen on T.V. in a long time. I'm not even into the extreme sports stuff but I watched the entire episode when they had on some BMX rider can't remember the name but he was one of the pioneers, but it was extremely entertaining. The raw footage and interviews they acquired were excellent.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Havent seen every single one, but all the ones I have watched have been worth my time.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Da U, Run Ricky Run, The Two Escobars, Terry Fox: Into the Wind, and Tim Richmond: To the Limit are so so so good. Ive seen a couple other ones, but these are my top 5.... no order
              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

They need to so more about my people. :D

You guys have no idea.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                Originally posted by fenikz
                we all hate you

Comment

Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                  They need to so more about my people. :D

You guys have no idea.
                  You're right, Americans know or care very little about people in other countries, typically.
                  Not all, but too many.

Goran Ivanisievic, Wimbledon Champion.... Croatia I think.

I have to watch the 2 Brothers one tomorrow. Still on my DVR.

Comment

DA U was the best one followed by the two escobars & once brothers(drazen & Vlade).

I wanted to see the Tyson/tupac 30 for 30 but missed it.

I didn't like straight out of L.A., I thought Ice Cube did a poor job

Comment

Originally posted by Complex View Post
                      DA U was the best one followed by the two escobars & once brothers(drazen & Vlade).

I wanted to see the Tyson/tupac 30 for 30 but missed it.

I didn't like straight out of L.A., I thought Ice Cube did a poor job
                      The 2 Esobar's was so great because Pablo controlled the whole country, and his kingpin work made him the most powerful man in the world for many years, and it all was so entwined with the Columbian soccer team, and then with the World Cup, which just happened to be in the USA that year.

AND they just happened to draw playing in our pool, and lose to us. Poor Andres.

That was the best individual program I have ever seen really. Chilling.

Now Mexico is running wild, lawless with all the drugs and killing people every day all day long.

Comment

I haven't seen all of them.

As a homer, the one about Pacers vs. Knicks I loved.

I also saw Terry Fox story, Ricky, Da U, Tyson/Tupac and Drazen/Vlade. All were very good.

I really want to see the ones about Escobars and Len Bias.

I also haven't seen Hank Gathers/Bo Kimble and Dupree stories from the beginning.
                        Last edited by MaxV; 11-12-2010, 05:17 PM.

Comment

I watched the Marcus Dupree documentary a few nights ago and it was incredible. I highly recommend it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

They should do they Willie Williams story

Comment

Not gonna lie, I got choked up when Marcus Dupree talked about running for his little brother.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

The Marion Jones one was god awful. They try to make her into the victim, and say that she only lied to Federal investigators because they were asking her questions too fast and she didn't stop to think about the consequences, so she just lied about using PEDs to federal Agents. Please. She would continue to claim she did use PEDs for more years after that.

Then she talks about how she was the victim again for being put in prison, those are what we call consequences, Marion. I don't really feel bad for her in that she cashed in on everything she did while on PEDs, and now she wants people to feel sorry for her. At one point they played the race card incinuating that the only reason she got a prison term was that she was black. And now she's leading the charge for awareness against making bad decisions. It's almost as if she feels that she made a bad decision in lying to Federal investigators, rather than using PEDs in the first place.

On top of the weak narration, boring storyline, and weak attempt at glorifying a disgraced athlete, this was by far the worst 30 for 30 that I have seen so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information