The Official Android Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    fyi, for anyone thinking about picking up a verizon smartphone, do it before july 7th, or you'll no longer be able to get the unlimited data for $30/mo plan.
    The reason I didn't wait out for the Bionic.

Comment

• Originally posted by SativaDominant View Post
      Handcent. It's MMS on steroids.
      How how the hell do you stop the default message/text thing from also popping up?

Comment

• Go in the default messaging app and go in the settings. There should be a way to turn off the notifications in there.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
          How how the hell do you stop the default message/text thing from also popping up?
          This and more this

Edit: never mind

Comment

• Best clock/weather widget? Go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
              Best clock/weather widget? Go.
              Fancy Widget is OK. Beautiful Widget is supposed to be better, but it's a lot more expensive.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I love the HTC one that comes with the EVO 4G. It's boss.
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I use the small Sense Analog clock available from the market. The standard sense analog clock that resembles the HTC clocks is just too big. It takes up half the screen, and I like having as many apps on my home page as possible.

Plus I don't like using multicon bc I like seeing the names of the apps, it looks cleaner.

The small sense analog clock is big enough plus gives you all the info you need, like % battery left, weather, etc. I love it.

That's a picture of it. It comes it different colors. And this guy has a basic set up, without the weather and battery % etc. But that gives you a rough estimate of the size of the clock.

Comment

• I'm opposite. I don't mind the big clock/weather widget size due to the fact that I don't like clogging up the entire screen with apps. I think that looks messy.
                    I do the same with my desktop though. The only thng I have on my desktop is the recycle bin and a weather widget as well.

This is basically what it looks like. Looks like it's stretched out sideways though.
                    My home screen looks like that but there's only 4 apps on it instead of the 6, like shown
                    The reason I like that clock/weather widget is because when you take your phone off of standby, the app creates the weather conditions on your screen. If it's raining, it'll create rain drops on your home screen, if it's sunny, the sun will start shining, windy... leaves will blow from one side of the screen to the other...
                    I think it looks pretty nice
                    Last edited by Nalej; 07-02-2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• I got my 3D today. I don't get the point in the 3D camera, but whatever...more interested in the other aspects of the phone.
                      Last edited by nepg; 07-02-2011, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Let me know how you like it. I'm completely content with my 4G but my wife is up for an upgrade though. I might get her that one.

Comment

• They marked the regular Evo down to $100. I love that thing.

Comment

• Damn. I might just get her that one then.

Comment

• I like the Sense UI, but it's a resource piggy from what I understand. Given that phones generally skimp on RAM, I'll pass. Looks like though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                                fyi, for anyone thinking about picking up a verizon smartphone, do it before july 7th, or you'll no longer be able to get the unlimited data for $30/mo plan.
                                **** you verizon.

So If I get a new phone when my upgrade comes i have to go by this ****? It's like putting a cap on bandwidth. DON'T DO IT.

sig by fenikz
                                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                                You are just a terrible person.
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                                I have an iPhone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information