The Official Android Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    and honestly, anything is better than an ipad. i have no idea why people are buying these things

Yes you do.

Comment

• "Nexus Prime" (freeze at like :20 in 1080p full screen for the best look)

I assume this will be GSM on TMobile (like the last two were... though, it might not be)

If it is, 5 days later...

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetrevi...tober-16/27773

Needless to say, I need something to replace my Nexus One.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post

"Nexus Prime" (freeze at like :20 in 1080p full screen for the best look)

I assume this will be GSM on TMobile (like the last two were... though, it might not be)

If it is, 5 days later...

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetrevi...tober-16/27773

Needless to say, I need something to replace my Nexus One.
        The Nexus Prime is going to be a Verizon device. I don't know about the others but it is taking place of the absent Galaxy S II Phone that isn't on Verizon.

Comment

• Que Angel Music

http://gizmodo.com/5847288/galaxy-ne...er-720p-screen

Comment

• God DAMN. I don't like to form factor very much, but that thing is pretty sweet.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• To be fair, is it even a competition anymore? The droid phones are so far ahead of the iphones now it's not even a comparison anymore.

The new iphone is laughable. It's basically my droid x more or less.

Comment

i will give the iphone that the included music player is light years beyond the thing that comes with an android. though downloading cloudskipper pretty well resolved that for me.
                Have you checked out the Google Music Beta... Its not great but its sizable upgrade

Comment

• Yea it is all cloud based but it is accessible by computer and songs/ albums can be downloaded to the phone..

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                    The Nexus Prime is going to be a Verizon device. I don't know about the others but it is taking place of the absent Galaxy S II Phone that isn't on Verizon.
                    No doubt. I am just wondering why Google would leave the GSM and Sprint users out to dry that they've worked hard to get.

http://pocketnow.com/android/leakste...-gsm-and-wimax

I won't even bother with the iPhone vs Android debate. Both are phenomenal phones. I wouldn't trade my Nexus One for anything (except a "Galaxy Nexus"), but if Google pulled out of the phone industry all-together, I wouldn't cry about having to buy an iPhone.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Could there be two phones? :o

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/06...-galaxy-nexus/

The Nexus S released in early December and the Nexus One released in early January.

edit: If anyone cares, there are definitely two phones.

http://www.phonebuff.com/2011/09/nex...-prime-phones/

(The FCC has documentation for two different ones)
                      Last edited by descendency; 10-07-2011, 01:22 AM.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                        The only thing I really dislike about Swype is the fact that it damn near constantly puts commas in instead of spaces. It's pretty annoying. Other than that, it saves some time for me.

Also, LauncherPro is godly. Love the way my homescreen looks right now.
                        What clock is this?^

I downloaded launcher pro basically for that clock, but then realized that the clock wasn't part of launcher pro. I really just want the clock, don't care much for the rest of the interface.

Comment

• Okay someone has to tell me how to screenshot

Comment

had the same question earlier :P
                            Damn, we have to pay for it? That sucks...

Comment

the free versions aren't too bad, but you're way limited on options, unfortunately... i''ve downloaded that and i'm kind of waiting for it to be on amazon for free.

on the other hand, it's all of like, 3 bucks. if anyone other than me ever looked at my phone, that'd be tempting.
                              I have a feeling I'm going to drop the 3 bucks and get it. Damn you Verizon. I told myself I wouldn't ever pay for an app, but they sucked me in.

Comment

• I'm annoyed that the US is stuck without a GSM Galaxy Nexus until they decide Verizon has had it long enough. I know I could get one from Europe, but it will also cost me in excess of $700.

Plus, there doesn't seem to be a reliable source to get it from right now. I imagine they will be out of stock soon and eBay prices will probably shoot up passed $1000. By the time Verizon's exclusive ends (probably March or June), it'll be in that period where I won't buy something (if a product has a 1 year shelf life, I won't buy it 6 months in)
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information