No announcement yet.

The Official Android Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So with new Nexus phones coming out, is there any chance Google just stops selling the current Nexus? That would suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      Get the iphone. You won't regret it.

Then we can make a thread on the iphone and talk about how cool we are.

USER WAS SLAPPED AROUND WITH A 2x4 FOR THIS POST
      haha! who did this? <3 you njx <333

But seriously, the hate btw the iphonies and the droiders is getting out of control. You don't have to hate one to like the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post

I used to like you too.
        You still do. I'm the type you check up on facebook to see if I upgraded.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
          So with new Nexus phones coming out, is there any chance Google just stops selling the current Nexus? That would suck.
          I highly doubt that'll be the case. Even if they did, there's still plenty of venues to get it from (mainly online though)
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I love me a big ass phone. I have a droid 4 because I love keyboards, but if I didn't I'd totally get the new Note 2. The thing is just on the brink of phone size and I love it. I'd honestly take a phone that its an inch thick if it gave me great battery life.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• I think the Note, for me, is too big but I am a fan of the original EVO's size.
              I think it was 4.6" or something close to that. I think that's the biggest I'd go.
              I've been with a couple 4" screen'd phones since the EVO and I do miss the bigger size.

Comment

• Had an iPhone 4 before my S3 and when I was playing with it yesterday it just felt like a toy and even the new iPhone is just longer and still smaller. I like the extra screen size because I have nfl sunday ticket that I can watch on my phone when I'm on the go.

Comment

• 2ish years ago...
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I'm dead serious when I say my Droid X changed my life. I can't imagine life without this thing.

If you're a city guy, I highly recommend downloading the Yelp app and the open table app. Both of those apps are so awesome if you go to restaurants with your girl or whatever. Open table lets you make reservations on the spot it's soooo good to have especially in NYC.

Another must have for New Yorkers is the Subway/Train app that gives you the locations of every terminal.

Vlingo is awesome for the car when you need to use your phone but can't type.

The movie app is great for buying movie tickets too. And all these apps sync in with Google Navigation which is also great.

If you like having a lot of apps on your homepage, download multicon, it lets you have smaller icons.

If you're into stocks, bloomberg and etrade are great apps. Zillow is great for real estate. I even have my Walgreens app for my prescriptions. And amazon app for buying stuff, ditto for best buy, and cnet scan for reviews on electronics. Just scan the barcode and it will give you a review of the product.

I work full time and go to school part time, and I downloaded a tape recorder that allows me to record lectures, then I just sink my phone to my auxillary line in my car and listen to the lectures on my way to work and back home, so I basically hear every lecture 3 times, so I don't even have to study that much bc I just remember everything. Pandora makes my ipod useless, and the mp3 player on my phone does as well.

I don't even need a calculator, I just downloaded a scientific calculator app.

I can do so much with this phone I don't even feel like I need a computer anymore. I use my phone for almost everything now. All my social networks, everything.

three days ago...
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  Get the iphone. You won't regret it.

Then we can make a thread on the iphone and talk about how cool we are.

USER WAS SLAPPED AROUND WITH A 2x4 FOR THIS POST

sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                    So with new Nexus phones coming out, is there any chance Google just stops selling the current Nexus? That would suck.
                    Google has sold 3 phones and 2 different things have happened each time.

However, if you are in the market for one (or know someone that is), I wouldn't wait.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I'm not going to lie... the rumors of wireless charging on the new Nexus sound interesting. Especially since I've had problems with the charging ports in the past. (Mainly my sons stuffing chewed up food/paper/whatever in them :queue sad face:)

http://www.popherald.com/20121014_ne...lly_bean-20153

Comment

• LG makes horrible phones, so I can't buy anything of theirs. I'm just disappointed. I would have got the S3 mini if the specs were up to par. I got to get my hands on an actual S3 and it's just way to big for me. I'm certainly not happy the new Nexus was an LG phone. If it was Samsung I probably would have hopped onto that.

Unfortunately I'm probably leaning toward the iPhone at this point, which makes me sad.
                        (shameless self-promotion)
                        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                          LG makes horrible phones, so I can't buy anything of theirs. I'm just disappointed. I would have got the S3 mini if the specs were up to par. I got to get my hands on an actual S3 and it's just way to big for me. I'm certainly not happy the new Nexus was an LG phone. If it was Samsung I probably would have hopped onto that.

Unfortunately I'm probably leaning toward the iPhone at this point, which makes me sad.

Well, I'd wait at least til the 29th (some tech conference) when announcements of new phones will be made.
                          LG is the one that will probably be announced. Others are HTC's 5" Nexus and a Galaxy Nexus 2 from Samsung.
                          So if it's a Samsung you want, you just might be able to get one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                            get the Galaxy Nexus

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• S3 is mot that big. you get used to holding it An d size in 1 hand. Now idont have a case, also I donth have giant hands, I wear medium gloves, could force into a small and make it work.
                              Last edited by brat316; 10-14-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                get the Galaxy Nexus
                                I mean, it's starting to get fairly dated as it's been out for sometime now. If they announced the Galaxy Nexus 2 and it's solid I would definitely get it. I'm not grabbing my new phone until December so there's still plenty of time for me to change my mind and I would prefer to get an Android phone.
                                (shameless self-promotion)
                                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information