No announcement yet.

The Official Android Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yaeh, i'm with you Samsung found their design and pulling the apple move of same shiit just a different day.

I'm hoping for Lenovo/Motorola phone to blow us away.

Comment

• The s5 looks boring.

The new YotaPhone looks pretty nice with actual innovation in having the back use eInk that will save battery. It would work well for me because I use my phone as a kindle whenever, I'm out somewhere with downtime.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• I see no reason to update my phone.
        It's still a beast and I love it... and nothing new looks appealing

#LGOG
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          It really isn't. As someone who transitioned from a "normal" sized phone to a Note I can attest to it being daunting first but I don't want to go back to a small screen.

Also if I am not mistaken that is coming from a iPhone user (I know you aren't BBD) and unless you upgraded to the 6 everything before it is the size of a ******* tic tac case.
          I am an android user, mac computer user. iPhones are stupid.

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

• I thought this was interesting.

Here is a Nexus 6 with a 6 Plus

Now with the 6 Plus on the Nexus 6

Comment

• Originally posted by TimmG6376
              "Completely unlocked" as long as you are on AT&T or T-Mobile.
              Fair point, though it not being CDMA compatible doesn't make it any less unlocked, it just lacks that specific feature.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                The iPhone 6 really hit Android hard the past quarter in sales. Samsung in particular is getting killed.

One day, you guys will smarten up. One day.
                Lots of 13 year old girls like 1direction to.
                "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
                  Lots of 13 year old girls like 1direction to.
                  Smart tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    The iPhone 6 really hit Android hard the past quarter in sales. Samsung in particular is getting killed.

One day, you guys will smarten up. One day.
                    Oh my what will you do with all that profit? Oh wait...
                    bow ties are

Comment

• I actually do have a tiny bit of apple stock, so I kinda do profit from it tbh. Minimal though, those shares are too expensive for me to go all in on.

Wish I invested in them years ago though when I first started working. But hindsight is always 20/20.

Comment

• Competition drives innovation. You should want another major player in the market having success.

The iPhone 6 and 6 plus probably don't exist if Samsung hadn't disrupted the market with the Galaxy S-series and Note. Apple laughed at the Note 3 when it was released. Screen was too big. Nobody would want a phone that large.
                        bow ties are

Comment

• I'm actually pretty disappointed in all the phones right now. I feel like everyone got lazy and complacent.

There hasn't been a major game changing innovation to come out of either Apple or Google in a couple of years now regarding phones at least.

I want to see laser projection keyboards, 3D drawing/picture capability, better front facing cameras, better voice commands, there's so much room for improvement and they're just being lazy about it.

I guess lazy isn't the proper way to say it, I work in R&D myself and I know how difficult and tedious it is to deploy new products, and they're just being very careful before they deploy for increased reliability and improved end user experience, but at the same time I just want to see them think outside the box more.

Comment

• While I enjoy the larger screens and thinner phones I think they've reached a point of diminishing returns in that regard. For my purposes I'd like to see them focus on increasing battery life instead of trying to produce a paper thin phone. I'm not big on the bells and whistles either. I honestly don't use half of the stuff my S4 can do. Mainly because every fancy feature I turn on reduces the life I get out of my battery.

I've considered moving to a Note not because I want the bigger screen (I feel the S4 is just about the perfect size) but because the battery that comes with it is so much larger. I probably wouldn't use most of the features you gain with the larger form factor.

I also see so many people (both Apple and Android) with these thin phones wrapped up in some kind of extended battery case that completely defeats the purpose of it being so thin. Why not just make the phone slightly thicker and give us a battery that will last?
                            bow ties are

Comment

• Battery life is a huge area of need. If there was a phone I could have that lasted a whole week without charging I'd be in love.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I need a phone that won't break when I drop it, that the stabilizer inside won't screw up from bumps.

I don't need a super thin phone, hell give me one thst already has a rubber bumper case around it that I can take out a pin to change batteries. Kinda like the Motorola phones, and their "kevlar" covers

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information