Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Android Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I wouldn't get a Nexus S. I looked into that for myself before getting the phone I had presently...and it just doesn't look like it's all that great of one. I like the fact it's vanilla and the specs are decent, but aside from that...meh. Suffer for a bit till the new Evo.


    Picked up a G2X last week from my T-Mobile upgrade and I absolutely LOVE it to death already. Granted, I've been using my G1 since it launched however many years ago, so it's a really huge jump for me....but even still. Enjoying all the games I can finally play on it...but not too much. I haven't checked the marketplace for like a year, so I was disappointed to see that there's still a shortage of good mobile titles, although there's a lot more there than there used to be. Might be

    Thinking of rooting it on a day off this week and flashing Cyanogen. The new official 2.3 coming down the pipe is like twice the size of the experimental nightly of Cyanogen...and I'm not so big on bloatware and slowdowns. Not many other ROMS out there for it right now, besides some real meh looking stuff on XDA. Should be a real project for me to figure out this entire thing now...very different from the last time I did it. Easier, supposedly, but I'm totally out of touch with this entire Android scene stuff because my enthusiasm just died for my G1 last year.
    Last edited by ElectricEye; 05-08-2011, 03:53 PM.

    R.I.P. Junior Seau

    Comment


    • Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
      My contract with T-Mobile is up next month....thinking bout switching over to Sprint. Anyone have the Evo Shift? Was looking into that one since I'm kinda fond of having a physical keyboard.
      Nexus S 4G. The 4 inch screen will take a week or two to get used to, but it will be the best decision you make.

      edit: I owned the first Nexus One. I got one launch day. it ended up being the best decision I made. Maybe the Nexus S isn't the revolutionary step that the Nexus One was, but having live updates from Google before anyone is definitely a major plus.

      It also doesn't have a ton of crapware that slows your phone down. I hate carrier phones for that reason.
      Last edited by descendency; 05-08-2011, 03:59 PM.
      **** her in da *****!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by descendency View Post
        Nexus S 4G. The 4 inch screen will take a week or two to get used to, but it will be the best decision you make.

        edit: I owned the first Nexus One. I got one launch day. it ended up being the best decision I made. Maybe the Nexus S isn't the revolutionary step that the Nexus One was, but having live updates from Google before anyone is definitely a major plus.

        It also doesn't have a ton of crapware that slows your phone down. I hate carrier phones for that reason.
        I'm just waiting for the new Sprint Evo...

        Comment


        • When does that come out? My wife's upgrade time is coming up and I want to get her an Android as well.
          I want to finally face chat with someone! I have the EVO but I'm the only person I know with a front facing camera
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

          Comment


          • I'm glad someone has started this thread. I'm looking forward to reading suggestions for apps.

            Here are the apps/games that I've downloaded so far:

            9 Innings Pro Baseball 2011 - My favorite game. Full season baseball game.

            Angry Birds - I'm sure most of you have heard of this one already.

            Guns - Just a vanilla target practice game with a wide variety of weapons.

            AJailBreak - Surprisingly entertaining game. Only 5 levels for free version though.

            Hungry Shark - Another surprisingly entertaining game. Also free version is limited.

            Live Holdem Pro - Poker game. I've played it only once so far. It's ok.

            Sudoku Daily - I like Sudoku, but I haven't really played this game much.

            Unblock Me Free - Not a bad puzzle game.

            MathManiac - See Unblock Me.

            Lookout - Anti-virus. I haven't used it yet.

            RingTone - I haven't downloaded anything, so I don't know about this one yet.

            NYC Mate - Great transportation app. Obviously most of you guys don't need this one, only NYC residents and those that might be planning to visit.

            Navaile Electrical Calculator - Good app for Electrical Engineers.

            Entrepreneur Mobile - Financial articles.
            Last edited by MaxV; 05-29-2011, 12:17 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Nalej View Post
              When does that come out? My wife's upgrade time is coming up and I want to get her an Android as well.
              I want to finally face chat with someone! I have the EVO but I'm the only person I know with a front facing camera
              Rumor is 6/4

              Comment


              • Originally posted by njx9
                why? a/v on your phone is ridiculous. no need for it.
                I use lookout in case i lose my phone. The feature where it shows you where it is is pretty cool. I actually had to use it at one point. Worked well.

                sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MaxV View Post

                  9 Innings Pro Baseball 2011 - My favorite game. Full season baseball game.
                  ******* awesome game. Something you usually have to pay about 5.99 for.

                  Comment


                  • Plants vs Zombies launched on Amazon's appstore today. Free for today.

                    Comment


                    • If any of you are considering replacing an old android phone, instead of throwing it away, selling it, or whatever you can turn it into a wifi only phone with Groove IP ($4 in the market). It uses a Google Voice account (which are available in the US for free) and allows you to call in the US and Canada for free and outside for a few cents per minute.

                      No voice/phone plan required, just WiFi a wifi connection.
                      Last edited by descendency; 06-22-2011, 01:59 PM.
                      **** her in da *****!

                      Comment


                      • I'm getting a little upset with how the G2X is being handled. It's still running Froyo, which would be fine...but it's not optimized at all for the phone. The hardware specs are beastly, but the software is not doing a whole lot to support it. Update was supposed to be out by now too :/

                        R.I.P. Junior Seau

                        Comment


                        • I really love my Droid 1 but I want a new phone but there isn't anything that meets my needs. I basically want a new moto droid with 4g. I love a physical keyboard.


                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

                          Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

                          Comment


                          • I'd wait until the 4g platform is more rocksolid. I'm more than happy with my X. I actually like my X more than the new 4g phones.

                            Comment


                            • Yeah 4g is still way too young, but the only reason I kinda want it is my area (silicon valley -ish) has pretty damn good 4g coverage.


                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

                              Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                I'd wait until the 4g platform is more rocksolid. I'm more than happy with my X. I actually like my X more than the new 4g phones.
                                Droid Charge >

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information