No announcement yet.

The Official Android Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh...I don't even use 4G with my 4G phone...coming from someone who lives in Kansas City and has Sprint (really good coverage). It just completely saps your battery.

Comment

• anyone get the evo 3D? let me know how it is!

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Cyanogenmod 7.1 is out and the G2x is supported. Flashed it and voided the **** out of my warranty and have no regrets. Runs fantastic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I don't know much about that phone in particular, but one thing I will tell you straight up that will save you a potential hassle; don't flash using Rom Manager(not even sure that's the preferred method for the DroidX) like most people do. It's a neat little thing and works well most of the time, but if something goes wrong during flashing you won't be able to get back to the recovery screen. Make sure you've got the ability to do that before screwing with anything.

Not sure that you haven't already seen this, but there's good information on all this stuff here;
          http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=687

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Is it just my phone or does Android's navigation/GPS suck massive ****?

Comment

• Originally posted by niel89 View Post
              I really love my Droid 1 but I want a new phone but there isn't anything that meets my needs. I basically want a new moto droid with 4g. I love a physical keyboard.
              Yeah, a physical keyboard is a must-have for me. I love the Droid Shift.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-34467083.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                Is it just my phone or does Android's navigation/GPS suck massive ****?
                What's the app that you are using?

Comment

• I just got Cyanogenmod 7.1 from 7.0, its pretty good. I'm not entirely sure the difference but it seems faster than before. Peggle now runs smooth on my droid1 instead of FC on opening.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                    What's the app that you are using?
                    The default one that comes with my phone. Samsung Vibrant.

Comment

• What's an app I can download that makes sending MMS (picture messages) faster? or even allow me to send it at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
                        What's an app I can download that makes sending MMS (picture messages) faster? or even allow me to send it at all?
                        Handcent. It's MMS on steroids.

Comment

• Google navigation on my X is the reason why I bought the phone. I was able to sell my garmin for 100 bucks, and use the 100 dollar rebate to basically get the phone for free. It was a no brainer to me.

I love Google Nav. It's a life saver. I love GPS in general. It changed my life lol.

Comment

• When it works the navigation works great. But that is 60% of the time when it can actually find a signal. I'm pretty sure everything is updated

Comment

• I upgraded to the HTC Inspire last month and love it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                                fyi, for anyone thinking about picking up a verizon smartphone, do it before july 7th, or you'll no longer be able to get the unlimited data for $30/mo plan.
                                they need to change their minutes plan, it's 60 bucks for 450 mintues...and I usually only use about 100-150 per month.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information