• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigbluedefense
    started a topic The Official Android Thread

The Official Android Thread

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
    we should make an android thread. Like discussing which apps we should get and what not.
    Good idea. So here it is. Discuss apps, issues, phone recommendations etc.

I'd say to any android user, the first thing you should download is advanced task killer. And make sure you set it so that it automatically kills tasks every half hr. I have it set on safe mode at every half an hr, and it has dramatically improved my battery life.

I love my X and recommend it to anyone. I like the droids better than the iphone.

• vidae
    replied
    Originally posted by brat316 View Post
    I found him two post up.
    lmao yea I saw that after, I didn't check at all before I posted that (obviously)

Leave a comment:

• brat316
    replied
    Originally posted by TitansCJftw View Post
    really enjoying my shield tablet after a month, got the lte 32gb one came with game controller free on a black friday deal too, highly recommend, gets the android updates right after the nexus products
    Originally posted by vidae View Post
    Cain told me someone in here bought an Nvidia SHIELD tablet. Can you PM me if that was you? Thanks!
    I found him two post up.

Leave a comment:

• vidae
    replied
    Cain told me someone in here bought an Nvidia SHIELD tablet. Can you PM me if that was you? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Nalej
    replied
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    G3 is awesome but I bet it wasn't $350 completely unlocked.
    No, it was 99 and on Sprint, which is what I'm on.
    Don't really care for that "unlocked" business...
    I have unlimited everything for four people including myself at 50/person.

I usually root my phones and put custom ROMs on it.
    I've had no reason to root this phone though.
    The LG UI is so customizable (sp?) that it does everything I used to like from CM11 ROMs.

Leave a comment:

• TitansCJftw
    replied
    really enjoying my shield tablet after a month, got the lte 32gb one came with game controller free on a black friday deal too, highly recommend, gets the android updates right after the nexus products

Leave a comment:

• niel89
    replied
    Just give me more battery life. Everyone wants that.

I also want another hardware keyboard phone. I miss a keyboard so bad.

Leave a comment:

• DeepThreat
    replied
    My contract expires fairly soon, so I started checking out some of my options, and nothing I've seen is that impressive. Not sure anything on the market is really that much better than the S4 I got nearly two years ago. That's disappointing progress.

Leave a comment:

• brat316
    replied
    I need a phone that won't break when I drop it, that the stabilizer inside won't screw up from bumps.

I don't need a super thin phone, hell give me one thst already has a rubber bumper case around it that I can take out a pin to change batteries. Kinda like the Motorola phones, and their "kevlar" covers

Leave a comment:

• Forenci
    replied
    Battery life is a huge area of need. If there was a phone I could have that lasted a whole week without charging I'd be in love.

Leave a comment:

• TimmG6376
    replied
    While I enjoy the larger screens and thinner phones I think they've reached a point of diminishing returns in that regard. For my purposes I'd like to see them focus on increasing battery life instead of trying to produce a paper thin phone. I'm not big on the bells and whistles either. I honestly don't use half of the stuff my S4 can do. Mainly because every fancy feature I turn on reduces the life I get out of my battery.

I've considered moving to a Note not because I want the bigger screen (I feel the S4 is just about the perfect size) but because the battery that comes with it is so much larger. I probably wouldn't use most of the features you gain with the larger form factor.

I also see so many people (both Apple and Android) with these thin phones wrapped up in some kind of extended battery case that completely defeats the purpose of it being so thin. Why not just make the phone slightly thicker and give us a battery that will last?

Leave a comment:

• bigbluedefense
    replied
    I'm actually pretty disappointed in all the phones right now. I feel like everyone got lazy and complacent.

There hasn't been a major game changing innovation to come out of either Apple or Google in a couple of years now regarding phones at least.

I want to see laser projection keyboards, 3D drawing/picture capability, better front facing cameras, better voice commands, there's so much room for improvement and they're just being lazy about it.

I guess lazy isn't the proper way to say it, I work in R&D myself and I know how difficult and tedious it is to deploy new products, and they're just being very careful before they deploy for increased reliability and improved end user experience, but at the same time I just want to see them think outside the box more.

Leave a comment:

• TimmG6376
    replied
    Competition drives innovation. You should want another major player in the market having success.

The iPhone 6 and 6 plus probably don't exist if Samsung hadn't disrupted the market with the Galaxy S-series and Note. Apple laughed at the Note 3 when it was released. Screen was too big. Nobody would want a phone that large.

Leave a comment:

• bigbluedefense
    replied
    I actually do have a tiny bit of apple stock, so I kinda do profit from it tbh. Minimal though, those shares are too expensive for me to go all in on.

Wish I invested in them years ago though when I first started working. But hindsight is always 20/20.

Leave a comment:

• TimmG6376
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    The iPhone 6 really hit Android hard the past quarter in sales. Samsung in particular is getting killed.

One day, you guys will smarten up. One day.
    Oh my what will you do with all that profit? Oh wait...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information