Umm... Help please...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm... Help please...

My computer crashed at home a while ago and I lost all of my music on my Itunes, and I'm wondering if there is any way to get it back. I didn't have it backed up on a flash drive or anything, just in the computer, which had to have a new hard drive put in it. I tried recovering it through Itunes, but no luck so far, and I figure if anyone will know how to recover it, you guys here would, though I'm pretty sure I'm **** outta luck on this one and I'm going to have to re-burn my cds and re-download my songs...
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Yeah you're ******. In the future I would make sure that you back up EVERYTHING on an external hard-drive.

sig by fenikz
    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
    You are just a terrible person.
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    I have an iPhone.

Comment

If you bought the songs from Itunes ( who does that?) then you can download them all for free as long as your signed into the user name you downloaded them on. If not, your ******.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Did you have the music on an ipod? If so you can use a program such as sharepod to copy music back from your ipod to PC, rather than copy each CD again.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
          Yeah you're ******. In the future I would make sure that you back up EVERYTHING on an external hard-drive.
          Thank You Captain Hindsight!

Comment

Do you still have the songs on your iPod? If you havent tried to sync your iPod yet and you still have that library intact, there is a program called Senuti which should rip the songs from your iPod back into your library. I havent used it myself, but thats how my friend got his music back when something similar happened to him. Worth looking into, anyways. Hope it helps.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I do still have the songs on my ipod, I might have to give that a try APS, thanks a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                I'm pretty sure I'm **** outta luck on this one and I'm going to have to re-burn my cds and re-download my songs...
                C'mon, how many CD's do Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus and Hanson have? It can't take that long.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                  C'mon, how many CD's do Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus and Hanson have? It can't take that long.
                  That hurts me CJ, you know I'm better than that. One doesn't even joke about such things... :(

Comment

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I assume it's been to long for this, but you can often toss a hard drive in the freezer and it can give you a bit of time to copy your most important **** over.

Comment

I would suggest backing everything up in the future. The hardrive freezing thing does work! Its some crazy stuff but it sounds as though it has been a while so it won't work now.

What brand hard drive did you have? I'm not asking because it will fix something I just wanted to know what brand so I can have a generally idea...

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                          I would suggest backing everything up in the future. The hardrive freezing thing does work! Its some crazy stuff but it sounds as though it has been a while so it won't work now.

What brand hard drive did you have? I'm not asking because it will fix something I just wanted to know what brand so I can have a generally idea...
                          Honestly, idk, it was a Dell computer though (IDK enough about computers to know if its the same name for that, or the "Intel" thing. I've learned my lesson, honestly, the only things I feel important enough to save now are my songs, my computer at home doesn't have anything else important on it, and I can always find you guys on here with a few clicks and a some typing.

I'm assuming its been too late to freeze the hard drive, it crashed about two weeks ago and was removed from the computer a week ago. We already have a new hard drive in, and I'm actually on here from the computer that crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                            All is forgiven CJ....

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information