X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckseason
    rac·ism

NOUN:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
    That's the "dictionary" definition. But scientifically, being racist means you hold down a race (ie: hating/killing blacks is not racist, but being an NBA owner and not have any black players on your team or any blacks in your front office, you are not giving them jobs, thus you are racist). I took a whole class about it, sounds weird, but it makes sense.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
      Originally posted by duckseason
      rac·ism

NOUN:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
      That's the "dictionary" definition. But scientifically, being racist means you hold down a race (ie: hating/killing blacks is not racist, but being an NBA owner and not have any black players on your team or any blacks in your front office, you are not giving them jobs, thus you are racist). I took a whole class about it, sounds weird, but it makes sense.
      I disagree with your teacher. (based off what you've said). Hating another person because of their particular race, is racism.
      I'd be interested to hear your teacher explain what he/she means.
      Not quite sure where science plays a role in all this either. It's just the definition of a word.

Comment

i think its a lil kinky

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked
          What the hell were they thinking though. Obviously there would be some people thinking it was racist. They should've just made a completely different billboard.

you have by far the best avatar on this site.

Comment

I dont think its racist, but I can see why people would think so.

Comment

It's not racist, it just gives blacks something else to cry about though. They always try and change things around. It gets real old.

Comment

yes

Comment

lol that black guy is so black that i didn't even notice him in the picture the first time i looked at it

Comment

hell no. But i'm white so i'm not allowed to talk about this unless i'm bttching about it being racist. :roll:

Comment

Re: Is this racist?

Originally posted by 4
                      Originally posted by frogstomp

Some people are making a big deal out of it. I want to know your opinion.
                      Personally, I don't see it as that racist... but I guess I could see it being bad if it was the other way around, and they had a black guy beating up a white guy saying "Black is coming."

Meh.
                      i dont know yes or no but i know thats not legal because the kids like 15 yrs old
                      why do you have to be over 15 to be on a billboard.
                      ps why do you have your picture as your sig and avitar... its weird

Comment

If that is racist, then the commercial for the BET awards was racist. The only person not black was an annoying white guy that kept on asking damon wayans to do Homie the Clown. And on top of that, he gets stabbed in the end.

And since I brought up BET, why can't there be a WET? Think of the possibilities....they could make a show called Dreams and then you could refer to it as WET's Dreams

Comment

If you think thats racist, I think you're dumb.

Comment

No. It is not racist, and those who do are the actual racists.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

At first I said no because I didn't see the black guy in it. Now I seen him and Yes this is racist.
                              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan
                                At first I said no because I didn't see the black guy in it. Now I seen him and Yes this is racist.
                                How :?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information