Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revolution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Revolution

    I wish we could talk about politics/current events because the protests in Egypt are AWESOME

    by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

  • #2
    Revolution

    OK, here is not fun thread, but I think it's important to at least try to discuss.

    Just wanted to let you younger guys know that some serious crap is going on the world right now. Stuff like this happens once a generation. I know it's probably boring to a lot of you, but you should at least pay a bit of attention.

    In the span of a few weeks:

    Tunisia had riots and overthrew their government. Their dictator fled the country with over a ton of government gold.

    Egypt is going through massive protests and riots right now. At least 7 cities are under protest. Egypt has shut down the net, radio, and cell phones.
    Here is a live stream of twitter feeds with news.

    Here is a live video feed.

    Syria just shut down the internet.

    Yemen is undergoing riots.

    Algeria has had some riots.

    The biggest reasons cited are oppressive regimes, low paying jobs, high unemployment, and rising food prices.

    This is crazy stuff. The vast majority of the Middle East is unstable right now. Very different times than what we are used to.

    Unfortunately, most of the people protesting do not like the US due to us propping up their dictators. I can't blame them. But a lot of these places may end up going theocratic fundamentalist Muslim (think Iran) instead of a democratic/republic type system.

    Anyways, back to discussion of boobs and video games.

    Comment


    • #3
      This is going to get closed, but mad props.

      Solidarity with our brothers in the Muslim world fighting against oppression.

      by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
        I wish we could talk about politics/current events because the protests in Egypt are AWESOME
        A number of police members removed their suits and joined protests against the regime, according to Al Arabiya.

        http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/20...28/135395.html


        **** just got real!

        bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

        Comment


        • #5
          The muslim world is changing. Younger muslims are much more westernized than their parents, and the muslim world is seeing a revolution similar to that seen in America in the 60s.

          Modern islam is what the younger generation wants, but the governments of the countries they live in often do not favor such beliefs.

          It will be interesting to see what happens.

          Comment


          • #6
            Guys, lets not **** this up and get political, this thread needs to stay open. I've heard a lot about what's going on with these situations (you could collectively call it one) the past few weeks, and what happens in these situations will shape the future of not only these countries, but the regions, and the rest of the world.
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

            Rest in Peace, themaninblack

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm shocked I'm just hearing about this. This is what happens when I get sick and dont get out of bed for days. Thats crazy.


              Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                Guys, lets not **** this up and get political, this thread needs to stay open. I've heard a lot about what's going on with these situations (you could collectively call it one) the past few weeks, and what happens in these situations will shape the future of not only these countries, but the regions, and the rest of the world.
                Exactly!!! No politics. Just report what we are hearing. I do agree completely that there is a good chance that this is going to be world shaping.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Follow this page on Facebook to get relevant updates:

                  http://www.facebook.com/elshaheeed.c...shaheeed.co.uk

                  by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This will not only impact the Middle East, but it will also heavily impact Europe. A lot of people are going to be fleeing these countries and try to start new lives in Europe.

                    That will shape the landscape there as well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      This will not only impact the Middle East, but it will also heavily impact Europe. A lot of people are going to be fleeing these countries and try to start new lives in Europe.

                      That will shape the landscape there as well.
                      Think about how bad off many of the economies are in Europe now.

                      There are actually food riots in Albania now where a few protestors have been killed.

                      Stuff like this can spread like wild fire. Remember that when the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated, it was by a Serbian. This was a big deal, but it wasn't a huge pan-European event, yet it caused an avalanche effect that led to a horrible war.

                      That won't happen today, but the world is kind of unstable right now due to the economic issues we are having.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                        Think about how bad off many of the economies are in Europe now.

                        There are actually food riots in Albania now where a few protestors have been killed.

                        Stuff like this can spread like wild fire. Remember that when the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated, it was by a Serbian. This was a big deal, but it wasn't a huge pan-European event, yet it caused an avalanche effect that led to a horrible war.

                        That won't happen today, but the world is kind of unstable right now due to the economic issues we are having.
                        From a financial perspective, manufacturing countries will see a boost in their economy from the sales of firearms etc.

                        This isn't a 1 week thing. This is basically the beginning of what seems to be a revolution.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          From a financial perspective, manufacturing countries will see a boost in their economy from the sales of firearms etc.

                          This isn't a 1 week thing. This is basically the beginning of what seems to be a revolution.
                          It's quite possible that there will be pan-ME revolution. Craziness.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I am very cautiously optimistic about this whole situation although at the same time I am extremely worried about what comes next

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                              It's quite possible that there will be pan-ME revolution. Craziness.
                              One thing to keep an eye on, very unstable countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan could be major players in distrubuting fire arms to these countries.

                              The violence and stakes in those 2 countries will increase dramatically, which also will require much more money and soldiers in the area if America wants to protect it's investments in the region.

                              This will impact our economy as well.

                              I also think Saudi Arabia will have to beef up it's security and borders.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information