No announcement yet.

Facebook Legallity Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** gears of war... more like TEARS of war.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Devil May Cry...man let that ***** cry. On the Tripple we got gaems like DEVIL MAY RUN UP ON A *****.

Also;

Certified Ballin

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by StickSkills View Post
        Is creating a parody facebook of someone like a previous teacher illegal, especially a teacher that you know is well respected and liked.

The reason I ask is because last night I made one of a teacher that I had back in HS. I did it partly because I know so many friends in college have stated that they really miss some of her sayings and I thought it might be a fun way to kind of bring back some of that spunk to people's lives. (Note: I never said anything mean or rude, simply her common sayings about studying.)

Today some people text me and said she was upset, but I didn't think much of it as, well, it's just a parody account. I don't think she even uses facebook. However, one of the other teachers at the school told an alumni that "its a student pretending to be her. I know she contacted the State Police about it."

I've seen so many parody accounts on Twitter that go untouched. I personally think that she hasn't actually contacted the state police and that it was just a scare tactic to bring it down. It worked though, as I brought it down seeing how if she is so upset about the account that she would threaten that.

Again, however, I don't believe that any charges or such can be pressed with all of the parody twitter accounts that exist too and the fact that I never put anything slanderous. I only put stuff that she has said before in class.

Thoughts?
        I was watching something like this on Dr. Phil. Don't do it.

Comment

I think the real question is being avoided here.

Is she super hot?

Comment

This is just a matter of judgment. The original poster showed little of this when he created this page. It's nice to be nostalgic and show the teacher you appreciate him/her. Impersonating and creating a non-fan page is just not a good idea. Teachers need to have a certain reputation in order to do their jobs. Anything you might be able to do to undermine that reputation does them a disservice. This goes for anyone in a position of authority.

Even creating an unsolicited fan page can undermine the teacher's authenticity and authority. It's generally not a good idea to put him/her in that position, especially on an open source sharing website. I would take the page down immediately and think more in the future about potential impacts.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
              Teachers need to have a certain reputation in order to do their jobs. Anything you might be able to do to undermine that reputation does them a disservice. This goes for anyone in a position of authority.
              I'm going to agree with and thank you for this statement.
              As far as the OP goes, a sincere apology (hand written, not an e-mail) would really reveal your good character and more than likely, patch everything over.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Leave the poor lady alone. Make fun of some tards like normal people do. Sheesh.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

It's already been stated but yes, you can get in serious trouble for this. Presuming you used her name and photo, you can be litigated for a number of offenses, including felonies.
                  Hopefully she isn't stuck up because even if you took it down and apologized you can still be in trouble.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information