Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njx9
    Originally posted by Nerv
    It doesnt take a lot of income to play tennis at all. You probaly all live within 15 minutes of at least 3 public tennis courts, buy a racket and a set of balls and get one person and youre set.

The reason it isnt as popular in the US anymore is because none of the US players are any good. Roddick can't even seem to make it to the semifinals in any major and nobody can really beat Federer off of clay anyways.

If youre going to watch tennis you might as well wait for some hot chicks to be on :D
    BS. to be any good at tennis, you have to devote a fair amount of time to it. it's like figure skating: to be any good, you go through years of lessons and coaches and etc. sure, anyone can play tennis for six bucks. but you'll spend the first 5 years of it hitting the ball into the net, off the court, or being completely unable to even vaguely emulate anything you see on TV.

as to the other argument, golf is nothing like tennis. what do most people do when they go play golf? hack at the ball, drink a lot of beer, lose balls. it costs me about 25$ to go play a round of an exceptionally low impact "sport" wherein i get to drink a lot of beer with some buddies. try drinking a six pack and playing tennis for 6 hours.
    If your an athletic person and play on a regular basis it doesn't take very long at all to become decent. My biggest problem with Tennis is endurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D
      If your an athletic person and play on a regular basis it doesn't take very long at all to become decent. My biggest problem with Tennis is endurance.
      keep in mind that the vast majority of americans are NOT good athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
        Originally posted by Scotty D
        keep in mind that the vast majority of americans are NOT good athletes.
        Hahahaha yea.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just like i said, some T&A

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu

female is better then male tennis

Comment

I agree with u 4.

Comment

awwwe, i tought the title said "mario tennis" and i was like "i love that game, i just rented it for gamecube!!!" (which i did)

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Isn't it a good thing that we have a defining rivalry in Tennis FINALLY? Roddick is an overrated sack of ****, so he shouldn't be mentioned with the likes of Nadal and Federer. They are the best in the sport and it's good for Tennis with this kind of rivalry.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

It's not a rivalry till federer wins, wich i think he will on sunday

Sig by Me

Comment

I prefer womens tennis. Mens tennis has become who can out ace each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Texico From Mexico
                            I prefer womens tennis. Mens tennis has become who can out ace each other.
                            Womens tennis is more open, but henin-hardenne is knocking on the door of dominance, she's been in every slam final, and is probably the favorite win saturday

Sig by Me

Comment

i still like it and think that it's just in a slight down period now that the Rafters, Samprases and Agassis have retired and the Murrys aren't ready yet and the SSSafins, Hewetts and Haases aren't back to form. In a year or two i think there should be 5-10 gyus who can legitamitely win every major, outisde of the French where Nadal will always dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by CGF 216/137
                                i still like it and think that it's just in a slight down period now that the Rafters, Samprases and Agassis have retired and the Murrys aren't ready yet and the SSSafins, Hewetts and Haases aren't back to form. In a year or two i think there should be 5-10 gyus who can legitamitely win every major, outisde of the French where Nadal will always dominate.
                                Once djokavic, monfils, murray, berdych and young are ready, federer and nadal will be testeed

Sig by Me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information